[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Happy New Year for everyone!

S912 Minix U9 - libreELEC [8.2.2.2] + gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9

I played files above connected to avr (marantz) by hdmi - log AFTd -:

• flac stereo 44100Hz 24bit - sounds ok but it seems to become a 16bit.
    • flac stereo 192khz 24bit - is played on kodi -bars on spectrum add-on are moving - but doesn't sound on the avr because not any signal arrives it.

Is it normal behaviour?

Edited once, last by gercabace ().

• I have the mecool m8s pro S912 3gb and can confirm it works perfectly with kzsaqs 8.2.2.2 installed to internal. 4k h265 mkv play perfectly, WiFi, Bluetooth, passthrough audio also all working

:thumbup:

• I only have a S905X M8S Pro + but the u-boot code for its bigger brother would be very similar.

Using the MECOOL IR remote you can turn it Off / On. No idea about Suspend.

The MINIX A2/A3 lite plug and play remote will only turn MINIX devices Off / On with its power button unless by some miracle it's Power - IR signal works with other devices as well. All other buttons on the remote work with pretty much anything you plug it into.

• Would like to report that 8.2.2.2 works perfectly with my Beelink GT1 (2GB flash/16GB RAM).

Summary:

-Standby/sleep works reliably by following instructions in post #687

-Ethernet and WiFi both work great

-I'm booting from a microSD card. I had to insert a pin into the pinhole on the bottom to boot it for the first time. After the first boot, future boots don't require the pin.

-Bluetooth works fine for connecting my Harmony Hub as a virtual keyboard

-Refresh rate switching inside KODI works quickly and reliably

-Watching TV sources with HDHomerun is perfect. I could never get this to work properly in Android (would freeze and stutter every few minutes)

Big thanks to kszaq for putting this out!

• The MINIX A2/A3 lite plug and play remote will only turn MINIX devices Off / On with its power button unless by some miracle it's Power - IR signal works with other devices as well. All other buttons on the remote work with pretty much anything you plug it into.

Powering the box on/off with that remote only works on Android doesn't it? The power button on mine does nothing when pressed running LE on a U9, i might actually put up with the stupid clicky noise it makes when pressing buttons if power on/off worked

• Powering the box on/off with that remote only works on Android doesn't it? The power button on mine does nothing when pressed running LE on a U9, i might actually put up with the stupid clicky noise it makes when pressing buttons if power on/off worked

Powering the box on/off works on LE with A2 Lite and U1.

• My Beelink S905, & my H96 Pro S912, both turn on & off via the remotes suppled with them.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 X96 Max+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• I only have a S905X M8S Pro + but the u-boot code for its bigger brother would be very similar.

Using the MECOOL IR remote you can turn it Off / On. No idea about Suspend.

The MINIX A2/A3 lite plug and play remote will only turn MINIX devices Off / On with its power button unless by some miracle it's Power - IR signal works with other devices as well. All other buttons on the remote work with pretty much anything you plug it into.

Myself and GDPR-1 have both toyed with this remote, he had thoughts that the IR power on/off was actually sending an amremote compatible signal, neither of us have checked this though.

• I have got my MeCool M8S Pro L wit S912 today and what i didnt know was, that the remote from the box doesnt work under Kodi, when you use dualboot for LE. Did i oversee that?

• I have got my MeCool M8S Pro L wit S912 today and what i didnt know was, that the remote from the box doesnt work under Kodi, when you use dualboot for LE. Did i oversee that?

Wrxtasy has a remote.conf for your box, his is for the Mecool M8S Pro Plus, but will work with your "L". I don't remember where his link is.

The link used to be in his signature, but not there now.

Found it,

remote.conf repository

• I'm booting LibreELEC from SD card. How can I access to the internal 16GB storage as new drive?

The root file system is on the SD card, and the file manager does not show the internal memory.

• Just want to thank kszaq for all your hard work, this works perfectly for the Vorke z6, plays all of my hdr uhd files, I couldn't be happier :)

• I didn't know the autostart.sh did not exist.

Easy created. Now I can use the Android video store.

I made it with Windows explorer

-> Network \LIBREELEC\Configfiles

without putty.

Thanks very much. :thumbup:

• With the A3 and a U9 it does nothing in LE

The power on/off works on my A3+U9-H.

The only issue i have is that I need to reboot to android to poweroff the box to have only the box powered off and not the AV receiver+TV.

Minix U9-H LibreElec 8.2 - Yamaha RX-V681 - LG 55C7V