Posts by clarkss12

Against my better judgement, I purchased this SCISHION AI ONE on an impulse buy. After being burned several times by these Rockchip boxes ( I have had several of them) I swore I would NEVER purchase another Rockchip device. Anyway, after I received it, my apprehension was confirmed, it is JUNK. Fortunately, the vendor and I came to a mutual agreement on the disposition of this horrid device. So, I have a useless device and figured I would do some tinkering.

Tried a couple of Rockchip LibreELEC firmware's found here, but they would not work. Finally found this "LibreELEC-ROCK64.aarch64-8.2-devel-20171004193222-r26173-gd404dbb.img" and it worked. The WiFi or Ethernet did not work, but I used an old USB 2 Ethernet adapter that I had laying around and it worked out of the box. This LibreELEC version is Rock64 aarch64 >> devel20171004193222~.

The audio is stereo only, not passthrough at all. The video works, but is a little choppy, usable but not great. This is tested by using my BlueRay rip of Avatar. The DVD rips WILL play with Dolby Digital, but video is still jerky.

Media info for the BlueRay rip of Avatar.

Video codecs

omplete name : \\DS216\Video\BlueRay_Movies\Action\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv

Format : Matroska

Format version : Version 2

File size : 39.7 GiB

Duration : 2 h 41 min

Overall bit rate : 35.2 Mb/s

Movie name : Avatar

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : [email protected]

Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames

Format settings, CABAC : Yes

Format settings, RefFrames : 2 frames

Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=24

Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Width : 1 920 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Constant

Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Language : English

Audio codec

Audio #1

ID : 2

Format : DTS

Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems

Format profile : MA / Core

Codec ID : A_DTS

Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant

Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 kb/s

Channel(s) : 6 channels

Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)

Bit depth : 24 bits

Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy

Delay relative to video : 2 ms

Title : Surround 5.1

Default : Yes

Forced : No

Audio #2

ID : 3

Format : DTS

Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems

Codec ID : A_DTS

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s

Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)

Bit depth : 24 bits

Compression mode : Lossy

Delay relative to video : 2 ms

Stream size : 1.70 GiB (4%)

Default : No

Audio #3

ID : 4

Format : AC-3

Format/Info : Audio Coding 3

Codec ID : A_AC3

Bit rate : 224 kb/s

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)

Bit depth : 16 bits

Delay relative to video : 23 ms

Stream size : 259 MiB (1%)

Title : Stereo

Service kind : Complete Main

Audio #4

ID : 5

Format : AC-3

Format/Info : Audio Coding 3

Codec ID : A_AC3

Bit rate : 448 kb/s

Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)

Bit depth : 16 bits

Delay relative to video : 23 ms

Stream size : 518 MiB (1%)

Service kind : Complete Main

Now I have downloaded this file and will test it. "LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-nightly-20180624-7eb9981-box"

thanks for the update - I should probably add a delete cache option in the settings to handle this kind of error.

Unfortunately due to other work - I haven't really worked on this project for some time...but it seems to be working for most people...so I guess there's no fires to put out. :-)

Working great for me, Edit4ever. Been using it for a very long time, just set it and forget it.....

You bet but afraid to wait for another two weeks or longer to get a replacement. Really a bad downside of buying cheap Chinese stuff for someone spoiled by Prime.

This is the M/N of my Mecool M8S Pro L box PS. YZDZ15-0502000. Should be the same model number as your PS. If so, this link gives you the size of the connector.

Since you are purchasing a different PS, you may want to go for a 5 volt 3 amp if it has the same connector.

Replacement for 5V 2A Switching Power Supply YZDZ15-0502000 4 Android TV Box | eBay

I mean set it to standby... why leave it running, it consumes power and probably components wear off...

The power consumption is minimal for these low powered boxes. I do turn off my desktop computer when not in use, because it does draw a lot of power, but more importantly, all those fans running sucks all the dust into the computer.

Years, ago, the theory was that powering off and on did more damage to electronics than leaving them powered on.

Managed to install on my MXQ Pro 4K box to internal storage :) (happy!)...

Just out of curiosity, since the remote turning on doesn't work, what do the people generally do for turning the boxes on/off? I can turn it off with the remote but not turn it on, then I have to take out the power cord and plu it back in which is a tad impractical....

Thanx!

Why turn it off?

The Voike V1 Plus is a 10watt PC no bigger than a Android box but with much better hardware and functionality. I used two PC before so appreciate what you are saying - but a full desktop is not the only Intel option - and certainly not the best for Kodi.

Shoog

I have a Vorke V2 and a Tronsmart Ara X5, both Windows 10 microPCs. I will not run LibreELEC as a primary OS on them.

I have/had more that 2 dozen of these low powered, low cost devices that I tinker with. I use them for different purposes, like Plex server, Emby server, tvheadend servers, running on Linux, Android and LibreELEC and before that, OpenELEC. Right now, I have 3 of these devices running Linux and 3 devices running LibreELEC/CoreELEC.

The reality is that if you want to run a box off the latest Kodi/LE you would be stupid to choose any ARM based solution. Intel products cost a bit more but offer a level of stability/dependability and future support just not possible with the shifting ecosystem of ARM. I made a mistake this time round (believing dubious marketing speak) but will never make the same mistake again. Intel every time.

Shoog

That would be a horrid mistake. The advantage of using ARM based devices is the low cost. I would NEVER dream of using a power hungry, high cost device to just for my media consumption. My first introduction into using Kodi on these low powered, low cost devices was using my $30 USD Amlogic MK808B Plus STICK, running OpenELEC port by Kszaq. It served as my media player, but also as a self contained PVR using tvheadend server.

With that simple little, low powered device I was able to get rid of my hulking, power hungry, NOISY PC, connected to my TV (as I look back, that was total insanity to have a computer connected to my TV). I also, retired my PS3 and Xbox that I was using for my media consumption. I also got rid of my PAL DVR (which only served ONE TV), and replaced it with an HDHomeRun OTA, dual networked tuner. With a gigabit Ethernet adapter connected to my LITTLE, OpenELEC STICK, and running tvheadend server, I supplied TV streams to 4 other TVs even playing HD streams.

So, do I want to go back in time and connect a power hungry INTEL or AMD based PC to my TV, I think NOT.

The is the correct remote. You are using the wrong buttons to pair. Use the two outside buttons, the home and *info* (three horizontal lines) buttons....... Hold for about 5 seconds while close to your box, then release. You may have to do it couple of times.

My 2cents. Been using Kszaq's ver. 8.2 for about a year on my Mecool M8S Pro, mainly as my Tvheadend server for my DVR backend. Been following this thread for a long time and was kinda apprehensive about installing this alpha version on my box after reading all the horror stories about issues...

Anyway, I updated my version 8.2, with Wrxtasy's improved version, but it killed my box (no offense to Wrxtasy). So, I figured it was an opportunity to try this port by Adamg and see how it worked. I figured my remote would not work (use Ethernet so not concerned about WiFi) after reading all the problems others have experienced.

I only run OpenELEC, LibreELEC and now CoreELEC from microSD cards and not from the internal memory, so I just downloaded the latest build and used Etcher to create my bootable drive on my microSD card. After I created the bootable disk, I opened it with Windows explorer and copied the correct device tree form the folder that is included in the port. I pasted it to the root of the microSD card and renamed it to "dtb.img" and replaced the existing dtb.img file.

Poped the microSD card into my Mecool box and from within Android, I opened my terminal emulator app and typed "reboot update". After it rebooted, it installed CoreELEC (love that opening screen), then the fun began.

Since my memory is not very good, I had to pour over my notes on how to get the EPG working on my Tvheadend server. After a few tries, using Edit4ever's "script.module.zap2epg-0.7.4.zip", all my guide data fell right into place, no fuss, no muss. I had to use TVheadend server 4.2, because 4.3 could not find my HDHomeRun tuners, but 4.2 found them right away.

So, I was very apprehensive, about installing this alpha version, but it is actually easier to install than earlier versions.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Of course there are a few hiccups, but nothing major.

Easy problem to solve, get a $5 USD Sonoff WiFi enabled smart switch. Don't have to get up off the couch to turn off/on your box.

There is no support for using the mic in BT remotes on LE because there is nothing native in Linux to process the audio stream (or redirect it to somewhere for processing). It works under Android because Android has an OS-level API for voice processing.

Thanks for that info, I have been too lazy to test this remote Bluetooth/IR combo remote, in LibreELEC, for the discrete inputs.

Has the newer version of the MeCool M8S Pro L a better remote? Perhaps with Bluetooth? Does anyone has this one?

Old version is good with LE, but with a Xiaomi Remote it doesnt work under the Android System.

I have the newest "L" box with the Bluetooth Voice Remote and it is awesome in Android. I have not tested that remote with LibreELEC yet, so don't know if it functions correctly. The remote is a combo Bluetooth/IR remote, slightly better than my Xiaomi Mibox remote.

Edit: Made a video yesterday for people that wanted to know how the Bluetooth on the Mecool box worked... But again, have not tried this remote with LibreELEC, guess I should get off my lazy butt and try it.

Ported OpenPHT-Embedded for S905 TV boxes

Based on LibreELEC 8.0.2e from Kszaq

Issues:

• HDMI DTS passthrought not working

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but running Veisen's version on my MK808B Plus (Amlogic S805) stick, I get DTS on my AVR. I am playing my BlueRay rip of Avatar, and my Denon AVR shows "DTS". This BlueRay rip plays pretty well, but VC1 encoded videos do not play on this 4 year old device. Same for audio, it is limited on which codecs it can natively play, ex, it plays DD and DTS, but no HD audio formats.

Have not tried your port on my S905 or S905x boxes. And not sure your port will work at all on my S805 stick.