@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• erbas experiment with the images in Index of / too .. I lost track of what Oleg is doing with boot scripts in his images and it's another point of reference on any issues that you see.

Eested LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.80-nightly-20200324-aeb6e84-box.img.gz image on my gt king pro.

Boot Ok

Sound Ok

Video ok but Green-Blue Colour Problem still exist.

Network Ok

Tested Enigma 2 plugin too and it doesn't worked.

• chewitt

You can add LibreELEC Module Drivers as ** LibreELEC Test Images **

We would like to test Live TV.

The balbes150 image works now solved the 20200326 boot problem.

It has LibreELEC Module Drivers, but does not recognize the tuner.

KI Pro: no tuner.

TBS5520SE: no tuner.

• Hey folks,

I have Aun Akey1 Plus projector with the following specs:

• s905x / p212
    • 1GB RAM
    • 8GB eMMC
    • WiFi: BCM4330

Tried both latest builds from balbes150 and from here proposed by chewitt and encountered couple of show-stopper issues:

1. On both builds: video freeze when trying to scroll and/or stop video, only Kodi service restart helps to "unfreeze" it

2. On builds from test.libreelec.tv only: wifi does not see any networks both in UI and via `connmanctl` however wlan0 iface is present in the system and I can launch scan for it using `connmanctl`. Noticed some brcm firmware load errors in the syslog so suspect it to be the root cause.

Kindly ask to advise on any steps which can help with the above. I have console access to the system thus can provide any further debugging info as needed.

Would really like to replace stock Android with smth faster cause it's a total unusable user UNfriendly crap with such a low amount of RAM.

• vi7al FFmpeg rework is not done so video seeking doesn't work and at end of playback numerous codecs will lock up. Until that work is done I have little interest in video issues (because we know there a loads). No idea about the WiFi issues; in theory there shouldn't be any device-tree or firmware differences between LE images and Olegs. The dmesg log would help understand that.

• erbas I'm already on Linux 5.6 and will bump LE master to Linux 5.7 around 5.7-rc2 to keep the patch count under control. This means I am always working on a kernel one version ahead of working media_build support (which always lags) so there's no point in adding the drivers. Once video and audio things are more upstream (around 5.8) we can probably realign with the x86_64 kernel version and reintroduce those drivers.

NB: News on the DVB front is that I submitted the missing pinctrl change on behalf of afl1 (his first in-abstentia commit to the kernel) and those are now merged upstream for Linux 5.7 .. and we've been coaching Availink on their efforts to provide public and modernised sources for their demod and some related tuner drivers. The mainline codebase will need someone to write a new V4L2 compatible demux driver, but I think that can be done, maybe by the Availink folks. I wouldn't expect usable code anytime soon, but there's light at the end of yet another long dark tunnel.

• and we've been coaching Availink on their efforts to provide public and modernised sources for their demod and some related tuner drivers.

Thanks for this update, any link about that? Answer only if you have them at hand, I don't want to waste your time.

• vi7al FFmpeg rework is not done so video seeking doesn't work and at end of playback numerous codecs will lock up. Until that work is done I have little interest in video issues (because we know there a loads). No idea about the WiFi issues; in theory there shouldn't be any device-tree or firmware differences between LE images and Olegs. The dmesg log would help understand that.

chewitt thanks a lot for the quick feedback!

Will downgrade to kszaq's LE8.2.3.1 for the time being, this one at least doesn't seem to have video playback issues on my device, only similar wifi problems which seems to be simpler to solve

Couple of questions:

1. Could you please share any link where I can track FFmpeg rework mentioned by you (github, whatever?)

2. What would be a proper thread to discuss LE9 nightly builds issues like the one I have with wifi? From my understanding current thread is dedicated to the Oleg's builds.

• Important information. Starting from the date 20200327, the order of updating the system via the TAR archive changes. Now all images are divided into two groups (directories on the site) G12 and RK+AW+AML. Each group has a single TAR file, which is intended for updating all images from this group. I no longer release separate TAR files for each hardware variant. The TAR file is universal for all models in its group. Expanded the list of images for initial launch (writing to external media). The amlgxbb image is optimized for models with the s905 chip (in the future, it will be added to the EMMC installation mode for the s905). Currently supported installation in eMMC via the GUI is Kodi interface for s905x\s912\s905x2\s922x rk3328\rk3399 H6.

Please note that before installing in eMMC, you must create a full backup of eMMC. this will help in case of problems during installation, or you can return to the current state of the system in eMMC before performing the installation. Important. For the installation to work correctly in eMMC, you must update the universal multiboot to the latest version using the image from which you start the installation, i.e. before starting the installation re-activate the multiboot.

• erbas I'm already on Linux 5.6 and will bump LE master to Linux 5.7 around 5.7-rc2 to keep the patch count under control. This means I am always working on a kernel one version ahead of working media_build support (which always lags) so there's no point in adding the drivers. Once video and audio things are more upstream (around 5.8) we can probably realign with the x86_64 kernel version and reintroduce those drivers.

NB: News on the DVB front is that I submitted the missing pinctrl change on behalf of afl1 (his first in-abstentia commit to the kernel) and those are now merged upstream for Linux 5.7 .. and we've been coaching Availink on their efforts to provide public and modernised sources for their demod and some related tuner drivers. The mainline codebase will need someone to write a new V4L2 compatible demux driver, but I think that can be done, maybe by the Availink folks. I wouldn't expect usable code anytime soon, but there's light at the end of yet another long dark tunnel.

Perfect great clarification!

Well now the many people with usb tuner and availink know about a date to start work.

• 1. Could you please share any link where I can track FFmpeg rework mentioned by you (github, whatever?)

2. What would be a proper thread to discuss LE9 nightly builds issues like the one I have with wifi? From my understanding current thread is dedicated to the Oleg's builds.

1. Nowhere exists until someone starts the work.

2. Start a thread under the Amlogic section - it's as good as anywhere for now.

• I am again trying to get this version of LibreELEC to run from SD card on my Beelink GT King Pro, but not having any luck. I am pasting this "meson-g12b-gtking-pro.dtb" into the "uEnv.txt" text file, so it looks like this >>

FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-gtking-pro.dtb

LINUX=/KERNEL

APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0

But it won't boot into LibreELEC, just stays at the boot loader screen........What am I missing

I am running a modded ATV firmware.

• The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. (Or any rom that is not official).

balbes150 please make it very clear that any unofficial rom will not work. (The message is only talking about CoreELEC).

Balbes is not going to change his sources, this has already been made clear by the same.

clarkss12 You can try to upgrade your ATV rom to universal multi-boot.

maybe it works let us know! Be get perfect.

• I had issues booting GT-King Pro using the original Android factory firmwares as Beelink tweaked the u-boot environment to minimise the point in the boot sequence where u-boot waits for input (e.g. IIRC the power button on the Pro being pressed). This makes the boxes boot a little faster, but also makes them a pain in the rear as you need to press the button at exactly the right time (measured in ms) to invoke restore mode; then u-boot checks SD/USB media for images and finds LE and boots. The official response from their developers is "keep pressing the reset button during boot" and after a few attempts you'll get the timing right. More recent Beelink firmwares appear to be easier to interrupt and work with so I assume they increased the wait period a little. I forget which firmware I have installed now (as only booted it once or twice) but it was from ~October ish last year. It's a nice box once you get over the install hurdle :)

• I had issues booting GT-King Pro using the original Android factory firmwares as Beelink tweaked the u-boot environment to minimise the point in the boot sequence where u-boot waits for input (e.g. IIRC the power button on the Pro being pressed). This makes the boxes boot a little faster, but also makes them a pain in the rear as you need to press the button at exactly the right time (measured in ms) to invoke restore mode; then u-boot checks SD/USB media for images and finds LE and boots. The official response from their developers is "keep pressing the reset button during boot" and after a few attempts you'll get the timing right. More recent Beelink firmwares appear to be easier to interrupt and work with so I assume they increased the wait period a little. I forget which firmware I have installed now (as only booted it once or twice) but it was from ~October ish last year. It's a nice box once you get over the install hurdle :)

I was also able to get an earlier version to install, but don't remember which version......... But that has been awhile.