Posts by balbes150

I am wondering why does latest version of armbian have so many problems. Like wifi not working

What problems do you write about ? I have everything working in Armbian on T4, including WiFi And analog audio via 3.5.

Then I can successfully launch Kodi with docker.

Why do we need these perversions with Docer, if there is a LE in which KODI works in full mode ?

The first is the resolution seems to be limited to 1920x1080 but the RockPro64 should be able to display 4k.

I don't have RockPro64, but on NanoPC T4 and RockPI 4, 4K works.

Frist-I changed the image to Telos, same issue,with Wifi not connected..

If I understand correctly, you are trying to use DTB from the Telos model for Meta. It won't help , they have different equipment.

'When I write the image to emmc, it appear to write successfully, when I removed the SD Card, the system will not boot to LE, the power is on the box but there is no Tronsmart start up logo the screen was just black. I reflash back to Tronsmart Android firmware, then went through the process of emmc, same issue the system will not boot from emmc.

Any suggestions to make it boot from emmc.

The S905 models have a very old u-boot. It does not support installing the system in eMMC. There is only one workaround: install Armbian with u-boot replacement and then install LE. But replacing u-boot to limit the size of RAM used, you will only use 1Gb.

I was able to burn "LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200720113414-38e34a4-amlgx.img" into a SD card, however, the image can connect to wire networks, but not to the wifi ,my box image is "meson-gxbb-vega-s95-meta"

Any suggestions to make the system connect at least I can get log report.

I checked the image on Telos, WiFi works. It is possible that Meta uses a different chip or needs different firmware. What is in eMMC ? What other systems have you run previously on this model ? Try running Armbian and checking the WiFi (it uses different settings and firmware).

It worth mention that I installed balbes150 SPI boot 20191003/spiboot.img. Should I use different one SPI?

When you set the switch to SD\eMMC, SPIboot is not used in any way and does not affect the launch from the SD card. If you have eMMC with u-boot, the SD card will not start.

Version 20200720 for rk3328\3399 and rk3288.

Kernel 5.7.9.

to quickly test the performance of audio and video , a small test video clip has been added to the images. To start, need to add the source to "Videos" (Root filesystem / usr/config/test). And a test clip will be available. This allows you to quickly check the overall performance of audio and video without having to connect external media or network devices (i.e. you can check audio\video, if there are problems with the network and access to network resources or media USB).

Restore the regular firmware and perform a clean multi-boot activation. Right now, there is a piece of shits in your system that interferes with the normal operation of LE.

Among the listed DTB, I tried these five, in each occasion, the system write some scripts, but when it try to reboot, it get stuck at Libreelec Logo, hence it not launch to Kodi.

You need a clean installation in a clean system. This means that you need to restore the clean regular Android firmware to eMMC and activate a new multi-boot.

But first I want backup these two boxes before I start playing around before I brick any of the box.

Creating a full eMMC backup is easy. Deploy the latest LE system from this theme (or Armbian) on any good media (SD card or USB media). The size of the media (SD card or USB flash drive) is selected depending on the EMMC data filling. For example, to create a full compressed copy of eMMC standard Android, media size of 8 GB is sufficient. Start the system on the TV box and in the LE settings menu, select work with eMMC and create a copy. The copy creation procedure starts, and the system shuts down automatically when it is complete. Depending on the parameters of the data size and speed of the media where the backup is being copied, the time may take approximately 5 to 40 minutes. After creating a copy, it is recommended to save the copy file in a safe place (PC, NAS, additional USB flash drive, etc.). The created copy file is located in the directory (/storage/backup/ddbr). When using Armbian with DE, the DDBR utility is used to create a copy (select the compressed copy option). Ease of using Armbian to create a copy, you can clearly see the entire process of creating a copy with progress indicators, and after creating a copy, you can immediately launch the browser from Armbian and place a copy on a shared resource. The copy in Armbian is located in the directory (/ddbr).

but are your images only for those who have modified u-boot files?

The images contain a u-boot, but it is intended for certain models. To run on other models, you need to add the correct u-boot after writing the image.

If i don't have them.. no chance to use your builds?

The working u-boot for other models can be obtained from any working image (LE or Armbian). The topic contains details on how to do this.

1. RK3328 Z28

This model needs its own u-boot.

Beelink gs1 (allwinner H6)

Images from this theme are intended for Rockchip. For Allwinner, there is its own version of images.