[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Happy New Year for everyone!

S912 Minix U9 - libreELEC [8.2.2.2] + gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9

I played files above connected to avr (marantz) by hdmi - log AFTd -:

• flac stereo 44100Hz 24bit - sounds ok but it seems to become a 16bit.
    • flac stereo 192khz 24bit - is played on kodi -bars on spectrum add-on are moving - but doesn't sound on the avr because not any signal arrives it.

Is it normal behaviour?

Edited once, last by gercabace (January 4, 2018 at 11:26 AM).

• I only have a S905X M8S Pro + but the u-boot code for its bigger brother would be very similar.

Using the MECOOL IR remote you can turn it Off / On. No idea about Suspend.

The MINIX A2/A3 lite plug and play remote will only turn MINIX devices Off / On with its power button unless by some miracle it's Power - IR signal works with other devices as well. All other buttons on the remote work with pretty much anything you plug it into.

• Would like to report that 8.2.2.2 works perfectly with my Beelink GT1 (2GB flash/16GB RAM).

Summary:

-Standby/sleep works reliably by following instructions in post #687

-Ethernet and WiFi both work great

-I'm booting from a microSD card. I had to insert a pin into the pinhole on the bottom to boot it for the first time. After the first boot, future boots don't require the pin.

-Bluetooth works fine for connecting my Harmony Hub as a virtual keyboard

-Refresh rate switching inside KODI works quickly and reliably

-Watching TV sources with HDHomerun is perfect. I could never get this to work properly in Android (would freeze and stutter every few minutes)

Big thanks to kszaq for putting this out!

• The MINIX A2/A3 lite plug and play remote will only turn MINIX devices Off / On with its power button unless by some miracle it's Power - IR signal works with other devices as well. All other buttons on the remote work with pretty much anything you plug it into.

Powering the box on/off with that remote only works on Android doesn't it? The power button on mine does nothing when pressed running LE on a U9, i might actually put up with the stupid clicky noise it makes when pressing buttons if power on/off worked

• Powering the box on/off with that remote only works on Android doesn't it? The power button on mine does nothing when pressed running LE on a U9, i might actually put up with the stupid clicky noise it makes when pressing buttons if power on/off worked

Powering the box on/off works on LE with A2 Lite and U1.

• I only have a S905X M8S Pro + but the u-boot code for its bigger brother would be very similar.

Using the MECOOL IR remote you can turn it Off / On. No idea about Suspend.

The MINIX A2/A3 lite plug and play remote will only turn MINIX devices Off / On with its power button unless by some miracle it's Power - IR signal works with other devices as well. All other buttons on the remote work with pretty much anything you plug it into.

Myself and GDPR-1 have both toyed with this remote, he had thoughts that the IR power on/off was actually sending an amremote compatible signal, neither of us have checked this though.

• I have got my MeCool M8S Pro L wit S912 today and what i didnt know was, that the remote from the box doesnt work under Kodi, when you use dualboot for LE. Did i oversee that?

Wrxtasy has a remote.conf for your box, his is for the Mecool M8S Pro Plus, but will work with your "L". I don't remember where his link is.

The link used to be in his signature, but not there now.

Found it,

remote.conf repository

• I'm booting LibreELEC from SD card. How can I access to the internal 16GB storage as new drive?

The root file system is on the SD card, and the file manager does not show the internal memory.

• I didn't know the autostart.sh did not exist.

Easy created. Now I can use the Android video store.

I made it with Windows explorer

-> Network \LIBREELEC\Configfiles

without putty.

Thanks very much. :thumbup: