Posts by blakey

hey guys, I'm bit confused now. I upgraded to CoreElec recently because I thought that it's something new, LibreElec is transforming to or something but it looks like it's a new separate developing community... And I'm not sure who should I stick with to get the best for my minix neo u1? What are you guys suggesting? Sticking with LibreElec or move to CoreElec? Thanks

For daily use LE7 is the best, if you have another SD card and want to try something new use which is the best for you.

422 and 444 are fix colorspaces which is selected in colorspace settings, The TV switches between 422/444 (depends on the setting) and 420, no switch automatically between 422 and 444.

I do nothing - colour space changes automatic to 444,10Bit playing video

422 8/10/12 aka. 24/30/36 bit are have been present for a long time, you can choose these colorspaces on all DVD players, Blu-ray players from last 10 years and doesn't switch automatically to these colorspaces. UHD players and of course these boxes too can switch to UHD 420 10 bit, but 422 8/10 bit or 444 8/10 bit works only manually. So, if you choose 444 10 bit is very good for gradients but if you watch a UHD 10 bit movie the player will be switch to 420 10 bit all other movies will be played on previously setup, ex. 444 10 bit.

Tested new LE 8.90.5, updated from LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180223155029-r28201-gea3b1a985, the picture quality is better than in previous versions, (very) minimal vertical banding in blue (gradient is test image). Everything what I tested is excellent but I found a bug in Display settings.

Display settings in devel version:

Display settings in 8.90.5:

Nice job,

Thank you.

Post your exact steps of exactly what you are doing and upload a short sample of the video in question.

Thanks for going after things.

My setup:

New image on SD-card, LE 8.2.3.1

Amlogic boxes (Minix Neo U1 S905), Mecool M8S Pro+ (S905X), Tanix TX3 mini (S905W)) --- HDMI cable --- AVR --- HDMI cable --- TV

S905

Op. 1

Neo U1 (S905)

SD card in Minix with Minix dtb

System settings/Audio

Number of channels: 7.1

Output configuration: Best match

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allow passtrough: On

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: On

Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: On

DTS capable receiver: On

TrueHD capable receiver: On

DTS-HD capable receiver: On

Any other settings in LibreELEC or Kodi are on default.

Samples from Kodi site: Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (incl. LPCM 7.1 output is Multi CH LPCM 7.1)

Dolby Digital (AC3): OK

Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3): OK

DTS: OK

TrueHD: OK

DTS-HD: OK

LPCM7.1: OK

Op. 2

Neo U1 (S905)

SD card in Minix with Minix dtb

System settings/Audio

Number of channels: 2.0

Output configuration: Optimized

- Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: On

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (LPCM 7.1 transcoded to DD 5.1)

LPCM7.1: DD output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S905X

Op. 1

M8S Pro+ (S905X)

SD card in M8S Pro+ with S905X dtb 2G

System settings/Audio

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (incl. LPCM 7.1 output is Multi CH LPCM 7.1)

Op. 2

M8S Pro+ (S905X)

SD card in M8S Pro+ with S905X dtb 2G

System settings/Audio

Any other settings in LibreELEC or Kodi on default.

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (LPCM 7.1 transcoded to DD 5.1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S905W

Op. 1

TX3 Mini (S905W)

SD card in TX3 Mini with S905X dtb 2G

System settings/Audio

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (incl. LPCM 7.1 output is Multi CH LPCM 7.1), "boot" on device display

Op. 2

TX3 Mini (S905X)

SD card in TX3 Mini with S905X dtb 2G

System settings/Audio

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (LPCM 7.1 transcoded to DD 5.1), "boot" on device display

Op. 3

TX3 Mini (S905W)

SD card in TX3 Mini with TX3mini dtb 2G

System settings/Audio

Audio issue with LPCM 7.1, clock on device display

LPCM7.1: Not OK , sizzling sound under original

Op. 4

TX3 Mini (S905W)

SD card in TX3 Mini with TX3mini dtb 2G

System settings/Audio

All audio formats works great, no Audio issue (LPCM 7.1 transcoded to DD 5.1), clock on device display

Thanks in advanced.

I don"t know what's wrong in my settings.

I was being sarcastic in reference to your box sizzling.

Your 100% doing something wrong then I own the TX3 Mini myself and I know for certain it works and multiple other people have confirmed it works also.

Okay, explain me, why is good LPCM 7.1 output with the dtb for S905X and wrong with dtb for TX3 Mini? Which dtb is good for TX3 mini? I have 4 Amlogic boxes, setup is the same, everything is same only what I change for optimal use is the device tree. My opinion is something wrong with that dtb from your releases page for TX3 mini.

You need to install fd628 service via add-ons for extra icons, it's only available in 8.90 builds

Sounds like your box is too hot if it is sizzling

Not too hot, 53°C and everything is fine except LPCM with that TX3Mini dtb is wrong, with dtb for S905X is good, no sizzling.

Doesn"t work for me extra icons on TX3 Mini with 8.90 builds. I posted my first impression with that on related topic.

Tested new build on all S905/X/W boxes, I have issue with Tanix TX3 Mini, regular S905X dtb with 2GB RAM works on Tanix, display shows only "boot" but no issue with LPCM 7.1, changed dtb to this: gxl_p212_2g_tx3mini.dtb, display shows the clock, after installing icon package from repository and rebooting, the display icons appeared strangely, all icons visible, last number was blinking and the LPCM 7.1 was wrong. I prefer Audio output set to 7.1 and passtrough for all audio formats. I"ve tried the other dtb from here: releases/dtb/9.0/ without luck, boot screen stays on TX3 mini. Which is the best dtb for TX3 mini?

On Neo U1 and M8S Pro+ everything was fine what I tested.

Thanks

Works ok, thanks!

What's the status with the extra icons (play, ethernet, wifi, etc)? Have you made them work yet? Do I need to install a service?

Doesn"t work a TX3 Mini so far. Tried 8.90.3 and 8.2.3.1, no luck, only the clock is visible (on 8.90.3 is something strange with installed icons) but Multi CH PCM with that dtb is sizzling under original sound, with normal dtb from S905X no issue with sound but display shows "boot".

dtb is not cause of this

I forgot something, audio outout is set to 7.1, passtrough is on, every output sounds seems to be good only 7.1 LPCM output is wrong. All S905 devices tested with one SD card , but with different dtb, on Minix and Mecool everything was fine, LPCM 7.1 output is great, on Tanix is something wrong only with Multi CH LPCM, if audio output is set to 2.0 and AC3 transcoding is on, everything is fine, I got Dolby Digital 5.1 but this is not LPCM.

I will try the Leia build.

Thanks.