Posts by benhur

Here's the sample: Star Wars - The last Jedi.sample.e-ac3.DV.mp4

It is now possible to create DV profile 7 .mp4 files.

The limit is only one audio track in ac3 or e-ac3 codec.

Exemple

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18602

Tested on LG 55C7V player => Dolby Vision

Tested on U9-H with CoreElec 9.0.1 => HDR10.

It works for me now too! Hooked up 2 Atmos speakers so I guess the receiver didn't bother showing Atmos on the input signal when it couldn't use it. /shrug

Yes, to display "Atmos" the receivers need :

- a dolby Atmos track encoded in TrueHD (with objects)

- a 5.1.2 speakers configuration

With a 5.1 configuration the receiver will decode and display TrueHD.

exemple of track with Dolby Atmos

Thanks to PJohnny

After your post, I checked my setup again (U9-H-RX-V681-LGC7) and discovered that the 4: 4: 4 10-bit black screens were caused by the use of HDMI5 on the RX -V681. HDMI5 is not compatible with HDCP2.2. By connecting the box to a HDCP2.2 port solved the black screens.

:thumbup:

Hi

I wanted to try the 8.2.4 for the HDR chroma bit depth 4:4:4 10 bit on U9-H, but i had some "no signal" screens on LG 55C7.

I discovered that the culprit is the Yamaha RX-V681 who doesn't like the 4:4:4 10 bit signal.

I don't know why ... The Yamaha documentation says it's 4:4:4 10 bit compatible in "HDMI 4k mode 1" ... i tryed but it doesn't work.

U9-H directly connected to the 55C7 : 4k hdr video play normally in 4:4:4 10bit

U9-H -> RX-V681(HDMI in 4k mode 1) -> 55C7 : HDR logo on the tv immediately followed by a "no signal" screen.

The U9-H needs to be connected to the RX-V681 to have the HD sounds (DTS-HD, Atmos)

So, do you think you could add the others 10 bit chroma 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 in a future release ?

Thanks for your work.