Posts by gercabace

Thanks a lot to the team of Libreelec for this great tool!

I am happy with the quality of the music from flac files playing through my avr by hdmi/optical.

But the sound is even better when the music is playing using libreelec as upnp server. Maybe kodi needs to process pcm info before sending to hdmi/optical to allow volume control -maybe some other features- that could be degrade slightly the sound quality.

How to volume control could be bypassed to get original pcm signal by hdmi/optical?

(S912 - Minix U9 - Libreelec 8.2.4.1)

Happy New Year for everyone!

S912 Minix U9 - libreELEC [8.2.2.2] + gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9

I played files above connected to avr (marantz) by hdmi - log AFTd -:

• flac stereo 44100Hz 24bit - sounds ok but it seems to become a 16bit.
    • flac stereo 192khz 24bit - is played on kodi -bars on spectrum add-on are moving - but doesn't sound on the avr because not any signal arrives it.

Is it normal behaviour?

Ooops!

I didn't realize that autoupdate changed my version from 8.2.1.2 --> 8.2.2.1 and now wifi 5Ghz AC station shows up !!

Many thanks for that !!

- libreELEC [8.2.1.2] [8.2.2.1] with "gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb" -sdcard boot-

- in Minix u9-h (FW007A) S912.

- It is connected to avr marantz by hdmi.

---------

I try to understand log file and it seems that 24bit audio is played as 16bit (AE_FMT_S16NE).

I have created this log ZDLj playing files with 24bit audio: 96khz, 44khz, 88khz, 176khz, 192khz.

As I said before, 192khz does not sound.

Am i wrong?

Hi,

I am testing:

- libreELEC [8.2.1.2] with "gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb" -sdcard boot-

- in Minix u9-h (FW007A) S912.

- It is connected to avr marantz by hdmi.

I have find some issues and I am not sure if they are known or something I am doing wrong:

• Wifi 5Ghz AC station is not detected (in android yes)
    • I have using hdmi device with passthrough active:
      • stereo flac files up 176khz OK - doesn't work from 192khz onwards.
      • 5.1 flac files only sounds downmixing (setting "number of channels" = 2)
      • dsf files doesn't work -neither stereo/5.1-

Although I am not sure if these issues are bugs, I have created log file VLID.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't try with [8.9.10] -you are in [8.2.1.2] thread- but I think the procedure is the same

I created my sdcard using "LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32" with the image file (in my case "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-8.2.1.2.img") and two partitions are created on sdcard. One of them is windows FAT format and the other is not accesible (maybe linux format). You should be able to access the windows partition and find "dtb.img" file to substitute with your device tree file "gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb".

By the way, when you create sdcard, windows could be ask you to format no-windows partition (linux): DON'T DO IT!! because LibreELEC will not be able to start.