[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi Kszaq,

I get audio simultaneously on SPDIF and HDMI.

I am 7.0.3.012g with device tree gxbb_p201.

Is there a way to get the SPDIF output only ? :huh:

The box is mxq-pro 4k (MXQ-S905-D16 VERSION 1.0 DATE: 151021 WIFI :realtek 8189ETV)

The option I have as output devices : ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, PCM
    ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    PULSE: DEFAULT, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

Thank you for your build and help! :)

• Hi Kszaq,

Thanks for the build. Been waiting for something like this since i got my box a year ago.

The only thing is that I can't seem to get it to boot from the internal storage. Followed your instructions and used an SD Card to boot, which was fine.
    - Enabled ssh
    - Issued the "installtointernal" command
    - Issued the "rebootfromnand" and removed the SD Card, it wouldn't boot. Just an eternally black screen (and I left it on overnight incase it was one of those first boot situations).
    - SD Card inserted - it would boot from it.

Ended up trying the temp-sensor-disabled version of your build but same thing. Am I missing something? Is there anyway to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Box - MXQ Pro 4K S905 D16, Ver 1.0 Date 151021

• try installtointernal once again, you have to do this on some devices

• Hi Kszaq,

Thanks for the build. Been waiting for something like this since i got my box a year ago.
    it wouldn't boot. Just an eternally black screen (and I left it on overnight incase it was one of those first boot situations).
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I had this on one (out of a few) MXQ Pro 4k boxes as well, and had to go trough an odd update route via generic Android MXQ pro 4k firmware to OpenElec via zip update, after which I could finally update with a tar libreelec update file. (going from Android to Librelec (installinternal) would bring the black screen back again).
    I'm sure there must be better ways to get it working, (although I ran installtointernall several times in a row) but this managed to work for me.

• I had this on one (out of a few) MXQ Pro 4k boxes as well, and had to go trough an odd update route via generic Android MXQ pro 4k firmware to OpenElec via zip update, after which I could finally update with a tar libreelec update file. (going from Android to Librelec (installinternal) would bring the black screen back again).
    I'm sure there must be better ways to get it working, (although I ran installtointernall several times in a row) but this managed to work for me.

I'm willing to try this method out. Could you please provide some more detail? Maybe some links? You'd be a lifesaver... The last time i tried to install Openelec via update zip, bricked the box.

I've tried running the installtointernal command several times as well and still no luck.

Edited once, last by toe-kne3 (January 31, 2017 at 10:00 PM).

• I'm willing to try this method out. Could you please provide some more detail? Maybe some links? You'd be a lifesaver... The last time i tried to install Openelec via update zip, bricked the box.

I've tried running the installtointernal command several times as well and still no luck.

I'll send via PM, I don't want to go too much offtopic here.

• Hi.

I have Android tv box Amlogic S905 3g Ram 32Rom (Docooler m9s pro).

Can I install libreELEC via sd card?

Enviado desde mi Aquaris E5 mediante Tapatalk

Question is if its device_tree file is already available.
    If not, you can consider to provide your DTB in dedicated "[S905] Device trees" thread.
    (where you can also check if nobody else already did)
    thread-1223.html

• OK I am on g running from nand on a T95m 2/8 original (!) that is using the 905 ( later models are x variants)

No issues with booting etc so no need for the temperature version

BUT

It is now back to missing the first few seconds (around 3 i think) of any video called from either nfs or smb shares, this was not there in d or f I missed e :)

I remember there were fixes, but I thought these had been 'installed' into the builds rather than were executed later by a changed setting in sound?

or is it just this box?

Cheers people

• Yes, this command resets u-boot env variables to default values. If you wish to be able to boot from SD card or USB again, you have to use toothpick first (only once).

Just curious, what if my device doesn't have toothpick option available? Is there ssh command to revert back to SD card booting?

And will this disabled-SD card-booting speed up boot process from NAND significantly?

• @kszac,
    Is it common that after a couple days the Amlogic boxes on Librelec tend to lock-up or get very slow?

I never had the issue on my s812's running Kerber's build. Once I moved to s905 boxes on Libelec, I started to have the issue. I went back to Openelec on one s905 box and the problem disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, I think your Libelec builds run better overall on a freshly booted box, it's only after a couple days that it has issues.

Also, could you tell me which Amlogic box you run personally? I'd prefer to run a box you own, assuming it would be the best tested and supported by you.

Thank you in advance!

• I have two Amlogic X96 (Tomatto ??) boxes with 2GB+16GB, purchased from different vendors. Both currently running LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.3.012d - (not sure how to check for any subtle hardware differences..?)

The first box works great no problems but the second one works but annoyingly keeps producing random wifi MAC address every power up or reboot, thus requiring re-entry of wlan PSK every time. I was wondering if there was any other udev parameters I could try to get a stable wlan0 MAC address...? There must be some special udev triggers to set a static wlan0 MAC address.

I see that others have had similar problems and I have tried the following possible remedies, but nothing seems to fix the random wlan0 MAC problem - anyone have similar similar problem or a better udev fix?...

• tried update to 7.0.3.012g - no change to the second box, still get random wlan0 MAC addrs.
    • copied the BOOT partition from the first working box to the second box, but still keep getting random wlan0 MAC address
    • made up the udev rules, but only the eth0 seemed to get the assigned MAC but the wlan0 does not, keeps getting random MAC addr
    • I can see that dmesg shows invalid MAC address error, and assigns random MAC
    • tried using an autostart.sh file from here: thread-2139.html but wifi networking seemed to throw errors and will not connect every time I tried to enter wifi PSK credentials, so I removed the autostart.sh

Edited once, last by g9aus (February 1, 2017 at 8:07 AM).

• BUT

It is now back to missing the first few seconds (around 3 i think) of any video called from either nfs or smb shares, this was not there in d or f I missed e

I remember there were fixes, but I thought these had been 'installed' into the builds rather than were executed later by a changed setting in sound?

This is because of the vq patch I am using. The patch fixes dropping vq over time and stuttering effect that comes after this happens. It also makes seeking and channel switching much quicker. The only downside it what you observed, i.e. a (little) few seconds missing at the beginning of some videos. This can't be improved without significantly modifying Amlogic HW decoding implementation in Kody Jarvis and I've already spent too much time trying to improve this patch. I have decided to leave the patch in current state for all future Jarvis builds because it's the best solution we can have. It's much more different in Krypton and that's where development focus is at.

You are seeing "alphabet" editions of 7.0.3.012 because this is the last Jarvis version from me and I'm only going to add improvement to hardware handling should they come over time.

Just curious, what if my device doesn't have toothpick option available? Is there ssh command to revert back to SD card booting?

Insert SD card/USB drive with LE and reboot update over SSH.

I never had the issue on my s812's running Kerber's build. Once I moved to s905 boxes on Libelec, I started to have the issue. I went back to Openelec on one s905 box and the problem disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, I think your Libelec builds run better overall on a freshly booted box, it's only after a couple days that it has issues.

OE from Kerber (Alex) uses older Amlogic kernel that was also present in my builds up to 7.0.2.005. The latest Amlogic kernel has some bugs in memory handling and this is being worked on by LE developers, I think we will see some improvements over time.