List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build

• Hey Everyone

Lets start a llist of all known good boxes to purchase that work with kszaq's LibreELEC builds.

Boxes To Buy:

Beelink MiniMX S905 1GB/8GB
    Beelink MiniMX v1.0 S905 2GB/16GB
    Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2GB/16GB
    Beelink M18 S905 2GB/16GB
    Mini M8S S905 1GB/8GB
    MXQ Pro S905 1GB/8GB
    Nexbox MXQ Pro S905 1GB/8GB
    Sunvell T95 S905 1GB/8GB
    Sunvell T95 S905 2GB/8GB
    Tanix TX3 S905 1GB/8GB

Beelink MiniMXIII II S905X 2GB/16GB
    Mini M8S II S905X 1GB/8GB
    Mini M8S II S905X 2GB/8GB
    Mini M8S II S905X 2GB/16GB
    Nexbox A5 S905X 2GB/16GB
    Nexbox A95X-B7N S905X 2GB/16GB
    Sunvell T95X S905X 1GB/8GB
    Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB/8GB
    Scishion V88 Pro S905X 1GB/8GB
    Tanix TX3 Pro S905X 1GB/8GB
    Tanix TX5 S905X 2GB/8GB
    Tanix TX5 Pro S905X 2GB/16GB

Boxes Not to Buy:
    (none)

If you have a box that works that is not listed please post and I will update the list above.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 23, 2017 at 8:28 PM).

• This one seems to work
    Works wonderfully here. After trying many different devices (Pivos, Raspberry PI 1+2, Zotac PI320, ...) this build in combination with a Nexbox a95x (s905x/2gb version) finally plays back all my content without dropping *any* frames and at correct framerates. It's great to finally have a working 23.976fps mode again.

• This one seems to work
    Works wonderfully here. After trying many different devices (Pivos, Raspberry PI 1+2, Zotac PI320, ...) this build in combination with a Nexbox a95x (s905x/2gb version) finally plays back all my content without dropping *any* frames and at correct framerates. It's great to finally have a working 23.976fps mode again.

would that be the Nexbox A95X-B7N 2GB/8GB or 2GB/16GB or the Nexbox A95X?

please let me know

Edited once, last by kashmoney (October 17, 2016 at 1:34 AM).

• Hey Everyone

Lets start a llist of all known good boxes to purchase that work with kszaq's LibreELEC builds.

Beelink MiniMX 1GB/8GB
    Beelink MiniMX v1.0 2GB/16GB
    Beelink MiniMXIII 2GB/16GB

If you have a box that works that is not listed please post and I will update the list above.

Already started by someone. See Link

• @ pawnthep Wrote:

Tested on Nexbox A95X S905X (2g/16g):
    - boot from SD card --- ok
    - install to NAND using ssh script from SD card -- ok
    - CEC, Wifi 2.4/5 ghz, bluetooth, lan, dvb-t2 Mygica T203 -- all ok
    [hr]

kodiuser1 Wrote: Please let us know how it goes. I'm thinking of getting a VONTAR T95 box as well.

Works perfect mate

gazrob Wrote:

Works perfect mate

Although mine is a sunvell t95

Check with gazrob his specs
    [hr]
    If im not helping let me know :)

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 17, 2016 at 12:41 AM).

• Why is the MXIII II set to do not buy? I assume its coz of lack of BT/WiFi drivers. If so may want to add that so people know the reason.

Anyhow MXQ PRO 4K V1 blue board (1511) working perfectly with 007. Power off/on from remote, wifi, lan.

I hope the list for working devices means power off/on, wifi, bluetooth, remote and SPDIF (some may want it). Otherwise the list should be broken down further.

I can confirm the MXIII S905 and MXQ s905 is fully functional as stated above.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 17, 2016 at 3:53 AM).

• I'd like to stop this thread. If you want a hardware listing it should be in a maintained wiki page not a forum thread that very quickly becomes 20+ pages and hard to follow. I would also ask you to refrain from using the terms "to buy" and "not to buy" as forum rules ask you not to promote commercial products (and we'll extend the same idea to the wiki). I would also prefer if the eventual wiki page had a consistent maintainer who keeps the content up-to-date as LE software and vendor firmware evolves, i.e. not a free for all. Make sense?

• I'd like to stop this thread. If you want a hardware listing it should be in a maintained wiki page not a forum thread that very quickly becomes 20+ pages and hard to follow. I would also ask you to refrain from using the terms "to buy" and "not to buy" as forum rules ask you not to promote commercial products (and we'll extend the same idea to the wiki). I would also prefer if the eventual wiki page had a consistent maintainer who keeps the content up-to-date as LE software and vendor firmware evolves, i.e. not a free for all. Make sense?

Totally agree. :D
    This was going to get well out of control.

i had originally posted for kszaq to provide a list of boxes that work with his firmware however i was told to make a new thread as it wouldnt be able to be known which boxes work and dont by kszaq. i was just going thru all the seperate threads and finding all the models that actually work.

if you want me to stop then i shall. i was just going to update the OP each time someone posted a working model.

• My firmware is aimed to work on most S905/X devices. I have no list of boxes that work because except for officialy supported devices I own only 1 S905 and 1 S905X box.

• Which do you think is a better choice, for speed and video play and future longlivity a S905 or a S905X chip?
    From what I have read there really is no difference at the moment because S905X has a hard time processing some formats any way.