[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• This is an unofficial LibreELEC build aimed at devices based on Amlogic S905/S905X SoC.

Kodi Jarvis is now obsolete, these builds are no longer updated (apart from security updates).

How to install, update, FAQ: LibreELEC

7.0.3.012 (2017-01-06) (updated 2017-05-28 to 7.0.3.012l)
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at libreelec-7.0

Download: Index of /s905/7.0.3.012/

Device trees: Index of /s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/

Issues with booting? Freezes? Use a build with disabled temperature sensor:
    Recommended: LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012l-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz

Important: please read Updating section below!

Important notes:

• These are community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
    • For any non-personal use you should refer to Kodi Trademark Policy. Please also follow these guidelines for LibreELEC branding.
    • I created this build for myself and work on it in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.

Reporting bugs: [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs

Changelog:

• no more 64-bit usespace build!
    • update media_build drivers to CrazyCat69, 2016-12-23 (thanks CvH)
    • improved Kodi buffering patch
    • fixed freezing when trying to play some MP4 videos (LibreELEC)
    • added a patch that might enable Bluetooth for QCA9377
    • added a Python hack to improve 32-bit userspace detection in addons using platform.machine() (e.g. Spotify)
    • updated LE addon repository
    • other little tweaks and fixes
    • 7.0.3.012c:
    • fixed Bluetooth using hciattach (e.g. Realtek 8723BS)
    • new QCA9377 WiFi driver
    • new QCA9377 Bluetooth driver
    • added an udev rule in hope to fix non-working WiFi on boot (you no longer have to toggle it in settings)
    • fixed Docker support
    • 7.0.3.012d:
    • fixed "Cannot get MTD information for /dev/nand_env" error when setting/reading uenv variables
    • fixed BT Audio for QCA9377 and RTL8723BS
    • added experimental MT7601U and MT7603U drivers
    • fixed keyctl syscalls for Docker
    • updated media_build patches
    • Experimental: use hciattach to load BRCM BT firmware - should fix AP6212A BT
    • 7.0.3.012e:
    • adjusted Kodi patch to fix video stalling in some samples
    • adjusted udev rule that fixes non-working WiFi on boot
    • enabled CONFIG_UHID in kernel config for HID over BT devices
    • adjusted udev rule that loads Broadcom BT firmware
    • 7.0.3.012f:
    • hopefully fixed loading BT firmware for Broadcom chips
    • added some missing BT firmwares
    • removed all wireless-related udev rules - should fix WiFi not loading on boot (again)
    • 7.0.3.012g:
    • more fixes to non-working Broadcom BT
    • added a patch from meijjaa to fix non-working AP6212A BT
    • media_build drivers updated to latest upstream version (2017-01-22)
    • added an udev rule for QCA WiFi to solve non-working WiFi on boot and not break it for others
    • last try of Kodi vq patch amendment
    • 7.0.3.012h:
    • media_build updated from LE 8.0
    • optimized kernel size
    • minor boot speed improvement for devices with eMMC
    • backported Samba improvements from LE 8.0
    • added BCM4335A0/B0 Bluetooth firmware
    • 7.0.3.012i
    • use standard advancedsettings.xml from LE (includes 175ms audio delay for ~24fps videos)
    • kodi: optimize NFS chunk size
    • optimized kernel size and Kodi binary size
    • fixed AP6210 BT
    • reverted NAND module load optimization
    • added Kodi patch to fix video scaling for rotated videos
    • 7.0.3.012j
    • fixed reading ethernet MAC address from eFuse and added reading from nand_env
    • minor improvement in copying user data in installtointernal script
    • experimental: better scaling of Mali cores for smoother GUI
    • merged all kernel changes from 8.0 branch, including Nougat kernel imports, audio fixes etc.
    • 7.0.3.012l
    • kernel is back to Marshmallow
    • subtitles security patch backport applied

Known issues:

• Built-in DVB tuners are not supported.
    • 4K support is experimental.
    • 3D and HDR are not supported!
    • If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video. (fixed in 7.0.3.012k)
    • Suspend does not work on most devices. Use power off. Power off is a default action of IR remote power button.
    • CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all.

Note on 32-bit build: If you want to update from 64-bit build, you may need to clean your addon cache:
    rm -rf ~/.kodi/addons/packages/*  ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons20.db ; systemctl restart kodi
    (thanks to koenkooi for providing a one-liner)
    After doing this you have to reinstall addons that are not working.

If you update from 64-bit to 32-bit build your device tree may not update automatically even if you put it in Update folder! You have to replace it manually or perform update process for the second time - i.e. once again put 32-bit build and device tree in Update folder and reboot.

CAUTION: If you use a device tree from a previous build, you may experience audio stuttering issues, no passthrough or no audio at all.

Edited 4 times, last by kszaq (July 25, 2017 at 7:58 AM).

• Thanks. running it already, used the boot problem build since I certainly have boot issues with my Minix U1, and so far, running great. Booted first boot off the SD, did it's SD card stuff, rebooted and Kodi is now up. Will put it through the paces.

• I updated my hub, and found that chapter seeking in mkv files with h.264 video no longer works. Playback after the seek will either be stuck completely, or seek to almost the right point (a bit early), but then video will play too fast with complete out-of-sync audio. My test files are mkvs from blurays created with makemkv located on a SMB connected NAS (gigabit network).

To reproduce: Play mkv file with chapter marks, seek to the next chapter(s) by pressing "up" on the remote. Time-based seeks ("left" and "right") can also trigger the playback issue, but this is not as reproducible.

I have just downgraded to v011, and the problems with seeking are gone again.

• Thanks for the new development. :)

Installing on Nexbox A95X (S905X) went well, both on SD card and NAND.

But on MK808b pro (amlogic s905 stick), installing to NAND always fail. I can install on SD card and ssh to install to NAND. (3-4 times in a row)
    - I'm not serious though. Because with all earlier builds, I've never successfully install LE to MK808b pro's NAND.
    - But just with this build, I noticed it shows error message like this:

type "yes" if you know what you are doing or anything else to exit: yes
    Cannot get MTD information for /dev/nand_env
    Error: environment not initialized
    Backing up device tree...done.
    Backing up recovery partition...done.
    Writing kernel image...done.
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...done.
    Copying SYSTEM files...done.
    Writing device tree image...done.
    Formatting DATA partition...done.
    Restoring remote.conf...done.

Maybe the key is those two lines above.
    Anyone ever see this error?

Edited once, last by pawnthep (January 7, 2017 at 5:27 AM).

• I have 2 miniMX one was already 32bit, the other one was 64 bit.
    With the 32 bit version the update went smooth, but with the 64 bit version i have problems with addons.
    I try
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*
    and refresh addons, but nothing happen.
    when i try enable tvheadend client with livetv then i have error message something problem with dll's.

Playing back problematic mp4 files already fixed :)

• Updated on a T95N (S905-2GB) from a 64 bit bulid. I'm having problems with tvheadend (similar to envagyok). All the rest seems ok.
    Thank you very much for your work.

• Hi guys......I have a Nexbox A95X S905 8gb/1gb and although I loaded to nand via SD card and all appears well....when I turn off with the remote, it will not boot up again with the remote.....i have to pull the power cord. I used the new build and gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb device tree and renamed it dtb.img. Can anyone offer me any advice as to how I can resolve this?? Many thanks.

• About the difficulties with tvheadend and other binary addons:

Note on 32-bit build: If you want to switch to 32-bit build, you may need to clean your addon cache: rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*, reboot, refresh repositories and reinstall all binary addons. You need to do this after updating.

• The disabled sensor version is working fine on the non Beelink MiniMX-G.
    Only issue I've noticed is it seems to be generate random MAC addresses.

• I updated my hub, and found that chapter seeking in mkv files with h.264 video no longer works. Playback after the seek will either be stuck completely, or seek to almost the right point (a bit early), but then video will play too fast with complete out-of-sync audio. My test files are mkvs from blurays created with makemkv located on a SMB connected NAS (gigabit network).

To reproduce: Play mkv file with chapter marks, seek to the next chapter(s) by pressing "up" on the remote. Time-based seeks ("left" and "right") can also trigger the playback issue, but this is not as reproducible.

I have just downgraded to v011, and the problems with seeking are gone again.

I can confirm this. On both my Minix U1 running 7.0.3.012 off sd card and Beelink MiniMX running 7.0.3.012 from nand. If I try and do a chapter seek video will simply freeze for me. Stop button will stop the video but then any video I try will be choppy and out-of-sync. After the chapter seek problem i have tried avi mp4 and mkv and all have problems until you do a reboot. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem doing a time seek.

• To reproduce: Play mkv file with chapter marks, seek to the next chapter(s) by pressing "up" on the remote. Time-based seeks ("left" and "right") can also trigger the playback issue, but this is not as reproducible.

Hi kszaq

I have the same issue with my Mini M8S II : pressing up (to seek to next chapter) freezes the video, I can only stop it.