Posts by Draega

Just wanted to say thx for this. Working perfectly for me. I'm using Newhosting VPN which isn't on the list but just imported one of their ovpn files using udp and it works perfectly. So once again much thx! :)

My question would be is it just a prank? Or are they trying to make a point? With all the attention fully loaded kodi boxes are getting lately. The premier league over in the UK targeting them. And amazon announcing there going to be cracking down on them. My guess would be it's an April fools joke but one with a definite point trying to be made.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

much appreciated for the builds! I have everything working well on 2 s905x mk809iv sticks, only problem is when i watch videos the first second or so of audio is missing then it comes in perfectly in sync etc.. not the worst problem and unnoticeable on videos that dont have immediate sounds. all my vids are watched over network streaming

any ideas?

cheers

Luke

kszaq  wrote:
    This is because of the vq patch I am using. The patch fixes dropping vq over time and stuttering effect that comes after this happens. It also makes seeking and channel switching much quicker. The only downside it what you observed, i.e. a (little) few seconds missing at the beginning of some videos. This can't be improved without significantly modifying Amlogic HW decoding implementation in Kody Jarvis and I've already spent too much time trying to improve this patch. I have decided to leave the patch in current state for all future Jarvis builds because it's the best solution we can have. It's much more different in Krypton and that's where development focus is at.

From post #592 in this thread.
    thread-3588-post-31434.html#pid31434

I updated my hub, and found that chapter seeking in mkv files with h.264 video no longer works. Playback after the seek will either be stuck completely, or seek to almost the right point (a bit early), but then video will play too fast with complete out-of-sync audio. My test files are mkvs from blurays created with makemkv located on a SMB connected NAS (gigabit network).

To reproduce: Play mkv file with chapter marks, seek to the next chapter(s) by pressing "up" on the remote. Time-based seeks ("left" and "right") can also trigger the playback issue, but this is not as reproducible.

I have just downgraded to v011, and the problems with seeking are gone again.

I can confirm this. On both my Minix U1 running 7.0.3.012 off sd card and Beelink MiniMX running 7.0.3.012 from nand. If I try and do a chapter seek video will simply freeze for me. Stop button will stop the video but then any video I try will be choppy and out-of-sync. After the chapter seek problem i have tried avi mp4 and mkv and all have problems until you do a reboot. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem doing a time seek.

Thanks for the reply.
    That means it is not specific to the Realtek WiFi fix device tree.
    It may also mean it is not in fact a device tree issue.

Minix recently updated the firmware on there U1's. From the change log.

Change log since FW010:
    1.) Fixed an Amlogic bug that is causing system stuck at logo during boot occasionally

Might have something to do with this.

Hi kszaq

just tried with 7.0.2.007 and audio works.....it works very nice, HD audio no issues, 24p playback is good, even some h265 files i had issues on android work fine.
    Audio outpu is reported as: ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,HDMI just for your reference.
    Will test more but for now it looks REALLY good, thank you for all the hard work here, i sure as hell appreciate it.
    If you need something else to test please let me know

Which device tree did you use please? Thx!