[SOLVED] Minix U1 - no hdmi or passthrough

• Can you try running 7.0.2.006 from SD with WeTek Hub device tree? I know that the specs differ but there's one thing that might enable HDMI audio output. I don't think it'll work, but it's worth a try. ;)

• Can you try running 7.0.2.006 from SD with WeTek Hub device tree? I know that the specs differ but there's one thing that might enable HDMI audio output. I don't think it'll work, but it's worth a try.

I tried, but somehow my U1 won't boot from SD. I followed the instructions to make the SD etc, all went well but if I am correct, I have to insert the SD, power down the U1, Power it back up while holding the power button for 6 seconds. This results normally into recovery mode, but with the SD inserted, it seems to hang on the Minix logo/screen.

Maybe 9800pro can help me out here? :)

• You do have dtb.img on SD card as instructed, don't you?

Yep, I think so ;)

I renamed gxbb_p200_1G_wetek_hub.dtb to dtb.img and placed it on the SD, replacing the dtb.img allready there.

To make sure the SD card wasn't faulty, I try another one: same result.

Without the SD card inserted, the U1 will start the recovery mode/menu.

• I am in the process of porting device trees and it seems like Minix U1 needs an additional kernel sound driver that is not included in kernel from Amlogic. Where are Minix's GPL sources for U1?

Hi!

Ken from Minix replied to our request over at their forums:

We signed NDA with AmLogic and can't release the source code without their approval. Please specify what exactly do you guys need and we shall ask them to provide.

Kszaq, could you give us more detailed info, I'll then pass it along to Ken.

Thanks!

• mikkelnl We need sound driver source and device tree for Minix U1. That's at least and we'll see if there's anything more needed.

It would be great if some could test 7.0.2.006 from SD card with different device trees as I suspend we might not need the driver at all for HDMI output - it may be needed only for analog out.

• mikkelnl We need sound driver source and device tree for Minix U1. That's at least and we'll see if there's anything more needed.

It would be great if some could test 7.0.2.006 from SD card with different device trees as I suspend we might not need the driver at all for HDMI output - it may be needed only for analog out.

I'll pass it along to the devs at Minix!

Testing 006 from SD: I'd like to help, but haven't had any luck so far, I really hope the others in this thread can test as well :)

• Can you try running 7.0.2.006 from SD with WeTek Hub device tree? I know that the specs differ but there's one thing that might enable HDMI audio output. I don't think it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Hi kszaq

just tried with 7.0.2.007 and audio works.....it works very nice, HD audio no issues, 24p playback is good, even some h265 files i had issues on android work fine.
    Audio outpu is reported as: ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,HDMI just for your reference.
    Will test more but for now it looks REALLY good, thank you for all the hard work here, i sure as hell appreciate it.
    If you need something else to test please let me know.

• Hi kszaq

just tried with 7.0.2.007 and audio works.....it works very nice, HD audio no issues, 24p playback is good, even some h265 files i had issues on android work fine.
    Audio outpu is reported as: ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,HDMI just for your reference.
    Will test more but for now it looks REALLY good, thank you for all the hard work here, i sure as hell appreciate it.
    If you need something else to test please let me know

Which device tree did you use please? Thx!

• Booting for the first time at the moment. Takes a bit of time 'resizing storage'.

Curious to see if the remote will work.

/edit:
    Erhm.... after completing the steps it now hangs at a black screen. Power led is on but nothing is happening

Power off > on does the same; nothing on screen, just blank...?

/edit 2:
    Turning the device on will show the Minix logo, then turn black. Could this maybe be a graphics driver issue? I am connected to a 4K Samsung tv...

/edit 3:
    Wow... tried 2 sd cards; both the same problem. But found an old 4GB third sd card and that runs perfectly fine... AWESOME. It's late now, but all seems OK.. *So* happy to be running LibreELEC... :)

Edited once, last by mikkelnl (September 8, 2016 at 10:24 PM).

• Hi all, it's been a while since I visited these forums: still using this awesome Liberelec version on my Minix U1: super stable, 0 issues...

I was wondering; how would I go about updating Libreelec to Krypton alpha/beta?