[SOLVED] Minix U1 - no hdmi or passthrough

• Hi all,
    Today i tried LE on my Minix U1.
    Installation via SD card went fine, it booted up into LE.
    Everything seems to be fine except there is no audio.
    Under system settings-audio default audio device is pulseaudio bluetooth and it's grayed out.
    I cannot select hdmi or spdif.
    Also passthrough option is missing.
    Menu view is at expert level so it should be visible.
    I think issue is probably driver related but i posted here because im hopping it can be resolved.
    I tried LE images 702.3 and 702.4, both showed same issue.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 8, 2016 at 8:09 AM).

• Is there a way maybe to add a minix hdmi driver to the LE build if i manage to get it from minix crew?
    I'm asking because i don't really know what to do about it and nobody here said anything after my first post...

• Is there a way maybe to add a minix hdmi driver to the LE build if i manage to get it from minix crew?
    I'm asking because i don't really know what to do about it and nobody here said anything after my first post...

Kszaq is on vacation and the build for S905 devices is from him. Please post the dmesg output after (re)boot.

Code
    dmesg | paste

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 24, 2016 at 2:31 PM).

• Hey drieschel,
    Thx for answering me. Will try do it today and post the result here.
    [hr]
    Here it is: UMQU
    Its from version 702.4

I assume it has soemthing to do with this:

Code
    [    1.140611@2] aml_snd_card aml_m8_snd.42: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for (null)
    [    1.144314@2] aml_snd_card aml_m8_snd.42: register aml sound card error -22
    [    1.151187@2] aml_snd_card aml_m8_snd.42: Can't probe snd_soc_card
    [    1.157348@1] aml_snd_card: probe of aml_m8_snd.42 failed with error -22

But I can't help you, because I don't have a S905 device. So you probably have to wait until kaszaq is back from his trip or with a bit luck someone else has a tip for you.

• It seems kszaq is actively avoiding this thread.
    It would be nice if someone told us is this possible or not so we don't have our hopes up...

I guarantee that I read every single post in Amlogic forum section, I sometimes may not have time to respond to them all, especially when I have no news to report.

It seems like Minix is using some custom sound chip/driver. It might be resolved with kernel update that I am actively (but slowly) working on. I ask for lots of patience.

In case the issue is not resolved with kernel update, I will try to get necessary sources from Minix.

• I guarantee that I read every single post in Amlogic forum section, I sometimes may not have time to respond to them all, especially when I have no news to report.

It seems like Minix is using some custom sound chip/driver. It might be resolved with kernel update that I am actively (but slowly) working on. I ask for lots of patience.

In case the issue is not resolved with kernel update, I will try to get necessary sources from Minix.

Thanks for your work!!! If there is anything we can do to help, let me know

Edited once, last by mikkelnl (August 9, 2016 at 7:27 PM).

• I am in the process of porting device trees and it seems like Minix U1 needs an additional kernel sound driver that is not included in kernel from Amlogic. Where are Minix's GPL sources for U1?

• Anyone tried the 7.0.2.006 release on the U1? I think it's not ready for the U1 yet, because kszaq asked the GPL question here, but just checking... I'm still hoping to get some sort of respons on the Minix forums...