Posts by Will4k

Hi dev experts!

My device is Sammix R95s motherboard info BX905X_V1.0 (2016-08-17) MS-M1 E198407
    CPU type S905X, 2G Ram
    Resolution 1080p, Refresh rate Default setting
    Installation is external
    I am currently using LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522452099.img.gz
    The DTB file used is gxl_p212_2g.dtb

I would like some help on figuring out why the toslink(optical) is not working . Under android 6 the optical works.

Now when I try under LibreELEC I see the red light and no audio what I tried so far.

My setting are:
    Audio passthrough on

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver on

DTS cable receiver on

Sync playback to display off

What I have noticed when I set audio passthrough to on and then play a test file I get no more audio via hdmi. When I set passthrough back to off I don't get my audio via hdmi I need to reboot the box.

GDPR-2 do you think the optical out issue is because I need my own dtb file?

Big thanks :thumbup:

Did you try ALSA, AML M8L AUDIO, HDMI? Audio should be output from SPDIF at the same time with HDMI.

I also have a flavour of mxq pro 4k (leelbox) and I have hdmi audio and spdif audio at the same time.

@ Kszaq I don't have the spdif option only. Whould it help if I upload the dtb of my box to see if there is a way to select only spdif? Or to turn off HDMI audio since its using the tv speakers and sound system speakers at the same time.

Thanks for the great build! :cool:

Hi,

I am trying to send cec-client command out from kodi to my tv.

the command is 'Set System Audio Mode' to ON. This should mute my tv speakers. So that only pass through is active I hope.

I found cec specs @ CEC_Specs.pdf.
    Look at page 42.

I found cec generator CEC-O-MATIC

and more info here.

Raspberry Pi • View topic - Scripts for controlling HDMI devices from the RasPi

The end result would be to add a command in the Autostart.sh every time kodi boots what do you guys think can this work?

Thanks

Thanks for the info Jaaxx,

For now Kszaq has said audio will be output simultaneously.
    In my case AML-MBAUDIO S/PDIF is not visible don't know why on Jarvins and Krypton.

I am thinking of the following hack can Kodi send the HDMI CEC MUTE after few seconds when Kodi loads?

why do you guys think?

Thanks

Hi Kszaq,

How can I display AML-MBAUDIO S/PDIF as audio output and passthrough audio ouput?

Do I need a special DTB file other than gxbb_p201.dtb ?

Thanks

OK!

Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks you all! For the tips :blush: unfortunately it still grayed out.

The output configuration was set to optimized, I have tried to switching to Best and even Fixed but there was no change as suggested by Doug.

If I boot into android the output Device is: Android , audiotrack and not ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, PCM or HDMI.

Could it be my device tree?

"sync playback to display" is not enabled,

Any suggestion I should re-search on maybe the DTB file is wrong?

Hi Kszaq,

I get audio simultaneously on SPDIF and HDMI.

I am 7.0.3.012g with device tree gxbb_p201.

Is there a way to get the SPDIF output only ? :huh:

The box is mxq-pro 4k (MXQ-S905-D16 VERSION 1.0 DATE: 151021 WIFI :realtek 8189ETV)

The option I have as output devices : ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, PCM
    ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    PULSE: DEFAULT, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

Thank you for your build and help! :)

If you're on Krypton you can forget about passthrough. Also if you're using an Amlogic box audio is output to all devices simultaneously.

Hi Guys! thanks for the help!

I do get audio simultaneously on SPDIF and HDMI :(

Is there a way to get the SPDIF output only?

I am 7.0.3.012g with device tree gxbb_p201.

The box is mxq-pro 4k (MXQ-S905-D16 VERSION 1.0 DATE: 151021 WIFI :realtek 8189ETV)

The option I have as output devices : ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, PCM
    ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    PULSE: DEFAULT, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

Any advice?

Hi guys,

I would like my box to only output audio to spdif.

I have box with Android 5.1.1 in the digital sound settings I can select spdif only.

On libreELEC the option passthrough output device is grayed out, I am getting audio from my TV (HDMI) and my Audio Receiver (SPDIF).

Is there a way to have spdif audio only?

Thanks ! :)