Posts by g9aus

I have two Amlogic X96 (Tomatto ??) boxes with 2GB+16GB, purchased from different vendors. Both currently running LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.3.012d - (not sure how to check for any subtle hardware differences..?)

The first box works great no problems but the second one works but annoyingly keeps producing random wifi MAC address every power up or reboot, thus requiring re-entry of wlan PSK every time. I was wondering if there was any other udev parameters I could try to get a stable wlan0 MAC address...? There must be some special udev triggers to set a static wlan0 MAC address.

I see that others have had similar problems and I have tried the following possible remedies, but nothing seems to fix the random wlan0 MAC problem - anyone have similar similar problem or a better udev fix?...

• tried update to 7.0.3.012g - no change to the second box, still get random wlan0 MAC addrs.
    • copied the BOOT partition from the first working box to the second box, but still keep getting random wlan0 MAC address
    • made up the udev rules, but only the eth0 seemed to get the assigned MAC but the wlan0 does not, keeps getting random MAC addr
    • I can see that dmesg shows invalid MAC address error, and assigns random MAC
    • tried using an autostart.sh file from here: thread-2139.html but wifi networking seemed to throw errors and will not connect every time I tried to enter wifi PSK credentials, so I removed the autostart.sh

Not had chance to check the WiFi / Ethernet fix yet but was never really a problem for me. Does any one know if there is a fix in this build for that weird problem when enabling the Update Channels and it leaving a totally no content options panel on the Libreelec settings main screen ??

yes, I had that problem too. After selecting the update channel of libreelec-7 it would leave the panel/tab blank no options. I was looking if it was possible to enter a custom update channel like kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/ somewhere in the settings. I fixed the blank panel by ssh into my box and removed the selected option from the <Channel></Channel> tags in the oe_settings.xml file and the menu returned again.

Code
    #nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml
    Code
    <system>
    <wizard_completed>True</wizard_completed>
    <hostname>LibreKODI-1</hostname>
    <Channel></Channel>
    <UpdateNotify>0</UpdateNotify>
    </system>

Great build and working fine until lost network after update to 7.0.3.012e

problem after update to 7.0.3.012e ... from earlier having no problems with version 7.0.3.012c and then update to 7.0.3.012d no problems.
    Lost wifi network connection, no network...?

empty settings menu in System - LibreELEC - Network

just shows just blank tab and addons complain about no network

I have rolled back to 7.0.3.012d update and WIFI network is back again, all working as before.

Device: X96
    CPU: Amlogic S905X
    MEM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    URL:
    Current Ver: 7.0.3.012d (running from SanDisk Ultra 8GB uSD card - haven't committed to internal ROM yet)