Posts by Nofan Tasi

It has been a while since I built Amlogic S905 aarch64 LE 8 or 9 ...

This time again it went just fine. Solid build environment! Kudos!

... but one thing is odd : I cannot build tvheadend, in fact all below commands just do nothing:

Code
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.tvheadend
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.tvheadend42
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.tvheadend43
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.tvheadend44
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.multimedia.tvheadend
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.multimedia.tvheadend42
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.multimedia.tvheadend43
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.multimedia.tvheadend44

many other addons just build fine.

update

Code
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend44

seems to be the right command now, sorry ...

This is the far safer, reliable method that carries the least risk and 98% of the faster day to day box running from eMMC LE benefits, plus you still retain internal Android:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

wrxtasy :

I fully agree, a shared data partition gives best of both worlds, but, on one of my boxes, Android was completely useless because of unacceptably slow and buggy network performance. Android had 0 added value for me. So, now that box runs LE from eMMC.

0+x equals x.

Should one day a better Android appear for that box (I doubt it), I can still flash it.

have a nice day

reading /usr/sbin/installtointernal script it seems devices /dev/boot /dev/system /dev/data /dev/dtb are not all there.

what does

Code
    # ls  /dev/boot /dev/system /dev/data /dev/dtb

show?

Thank you for sharing. I am having trouble to compile LE image from KSZAQ github repo. I get loads of error when Libcec sources being compiled. Has anyone else experiences such problem?

libcec errors - Pastebin.com

P.S. iam on LinuxMint 18.2

to compile libcec

in src/libcec/cmake/SetBuildInfo.cmake

I comment out parts

# add git revision to compile info

# add host on which this was built to compile info

I am on Ubuntu 'artful' chroot inside up-to-date gentoo and I need to adjust a few more minor things.

But that's because of my specific, somewhat deviating, setup.

There is no 64-bit libwidevine library, only 32-bit, which is why future LE 9.0 releases have switched to the same split 64-bit kernel, 32-bit userspace arrangement as Android. Please also note that Google's license for libwidevine means it is not redistributable without signing formal agreements that result large liabilities for the signing entity. Community or personal LE releases that ignore the license and embed libwidevine for convenience will be suspended from this forum if we become aware they are doing so, because we do not want the legal attention that may result from their release here. There is a Kodi helper add-on for inputstream.adaptive that provides the libwidevine library via a user-initiated process. If it hasn't appeared in the Kodi repo yet, it will do soon - it's inclusion was agreed by Kodi developers at the recent Prague DevCon.

I happen to have an ubuntu 'artful' chroot on my 'bleeding edge' gentoo kvim2 box and it seems chromium-browser ubuntu package does have a 64-bit libwidevine library couple:

So I will want to use these (in particular libpcre may be missing) in LE soon just for sake of trial.

Keep you informed!

update

The ubuntu 'artful' shared libraries when included load just fine.

But I see another, I guess addon specific, problem:

Code
    07:06:54.669 T:548472168464   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
    07:06:54.669 T:548472168464  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: http://localhost:43898/manifest?id=80182440
    07:06:54.670 T:548195717312  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    07:06:58.738 T:548195717312   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: License update not successful (no keys)
    07:06:58.739 T:548195717312   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Initialize failed (SingleSampleDecrypter)
    07:06:58.741 T:548195717312   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://localhost:43898/manifest?id=80182440]
    07:06:58.741 T:548195717312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

not a big issue for me as I hardly ever use Netflix (my wife does) but , at least, I have hope (for personal usage) it may eventually work in 64-bit LE ...

I can move discussion to Netflix addon thread perhaps.

I'm running this build on an mxq pro 4k, s905 with realtek wifi, 1gb ram, 8gb flash. Running from sd card works fine. I wish to run LE from internal flash. After installtointernal everything seems to go well and i get no error messages. But after a reboot the box wont boot from internal flash (screen stays black). When i power off the device and insert the sd card it again boots LE fine. Is there anything i can try or do to get this box to boot from internal flash?

given that your internal android is already overwritten, it does not hurt to run installtointernal again.

I built 64-bit from adamg-1.0.5 git tag and it works fine (including tvheadend with hts).

Too bad there is no widevine 64-bit library (it is 32-bit) in the S905 project.

Code
    # file projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so
    projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, BuildID[sha1]=233ca3bf4ca71045c149a1ccfc911ffc25247a7d, stripped

Where is this library downloaded from? Perhaps I can find the 64-bit libwidevinecdm.so there too...