7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Use the 32-bit userspace. Your benefits include

• access to the many addons for the armhf archictecture (same as the raspberry pi), especially widevine content encryption and console emulators
    • not having the hard-to-find memory leak, that would make 1G ram boxes unusable after running for a longer time on the 64-bit version
    • lower memory footprint of the kodi application and binary addons overall

Yes!
    I will be trying the new version.
    All 7.x version after .007 are not usable for me since i use PVR. 007+ versions have severe stutter.
    Really hope its solved or at least tested (as its a very obvious issue) in this latest release.

Ill test tonight; i'll know very fast if it has no or less issues with Live TV streams.
    Really would like to have a 32bit 7.x version running even though i bought some 2GB models which handle .007 AArch64 very well.

Thanks kszaq for your continued (and fast!) efforts!

Edited once, last by atreyu (December 19, 2016 at 6:51 PM).

• Hi kszaq, I'm just running the .010 version with 32bit userspace and a kodi custom build. It is not flashed in my box NAND (nexbox A95X S905X 2g/16g), but just running gently from the SD_Card slot. Is there any way to upgrade the SD_card to your new version without starting from zero ? If any, please a step by step guide will be very usefull to a bunch of us.

TIA

• I updated my device, open in windows libreelec update folder (type windows start tab your device ip \\192.168.0.144 or something) and copy LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz with device tree file renamed to dtb.img

Reboot it and all go without problems.

Edited once, last by Miks (December 19, 2016 at 7:41 PM).

• Hi kszaq,
    I have some problem with updating 010 32 bit version to 011 32 bit.
    I simple put img.gz and dtb.img to update folder (as always) and reboot.
    But update procedure says some errors:
    iimg.gz file

Code
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/findfs: not found
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/fatlabel: not found

and for dtb.img file

Code
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/usr/sbin/fw_setenv: not found
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/findfs: not found
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/e2label: not found

Some idea please?

• In the first post I see the following known issue since 010

• 3D support is experimental and not tested.

I'll be updating my "main" box soon to the .011 32 bit build. Will be a new install on new microsd card. I play 3D movies quite regurarly on my main box so was wondering if there is anything that i need to look out for in regards to 3D? Also let me know if there is anything specific that you need tested. If all goes well on my main box I'll also update my 2nd box to the same build.

I have .011 installed and watch a lot of 3D movies. Far as I can tell it works good. Only thing is that when watching 3D I have to adjust the overscan fro the video and change it back once the movie is done.

Not sure how to exactly describe the issue, but it looks like the image is shifted to the left a bit, thus a small part of the left side of the image is shown on the right side of the screen, while there's a black bar on the left side; about the same size. Increasing the overscan get's rid of this issue.

So, in my opinion, 3D is OK, but it could use some improvement.

• Hey guys, um, problem.. So I've been on v7.0.2.007 for a long time now and I thought it is time for a much needed update. I installed v.007 on NAND back then. So with the new 32bit img, I obviously have to start from scratch right? That's fine.
    1. I loaded up the same sd card I used before and I used Libreelec's SD card creator to flash the img
    2. I downloaded the correct device tree (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb)
    3. I renamed it to dtb.img and then replaced it with the one in the sd card
    4. Used toothpick method

Here's the thing, toothpick or not my device will get stuck on the welcome logo with the SD card in. This is a nexbox a95x (s905) so the screen will just hang on "Nexbox" logo. Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi kszaq,

I've tested the 64Bit 7.0.3.011 version with device tree gxbb_p200_1G_100M on my MXQ-Pro 4k, S905, 1GRam, 8GRom (only on SD card install)

+ update worked (I cpoied .gz and device tree in update folder)
    - after 1st reboot the box was in black sceen (after MXQ Logo). Same in 2nd reboot. After 3rd reboot it came up all times.
    + the box was stable and everything worked
    - my music is upsampled from 44k to 48k (connected via SPDIF). This was fixed in version 7.0.2.009 but in .010 and .011 it's back again.

I'll stick on version .009 becouse of the upsampling. Is it possible to get a 32bit Version of .009?

• Here's the thing, toothpick or not my device will get stuck on the welcome logo with the SD card in. This is a nexbox a95x (s905) so the screen will just hang on "Nexbox" logo. Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

You could try by using the "Update & Backup" app in Android, choose a random zip file and let it update. On my Nexbox A95X (also S905) this will make it boot to LE on the SD card.

• I have .011 installed and watch a lot of 3D movies. Far as I can tell it works good. Only thing is that when watching 3D I have to adjust the overscan fro the video and change it back once the movie is done.

Not sure how to exactly describe the issue, but it looks like the image is shifted to the left a bit, thus a small part of the left side of the image is shown on the right side of the screen, while there's a black bar on the left side; about the same size. Increasing the overscan get's rid of this issue.

So, in my opinion, 3D is OK, but it could use some improvement.

Thanks, good to know. Will test this build as soon as i can.

• Hello,

When I'm watching Live Tv, and push the back button to go to the home screen the HDMI signal goes away for some seconds, same thing when I do the contrary, frome home screen to Live Tv? How can I solve this?

regards, Jefken.

• Brand new Beelink MXIII (S905) 2GB/16GB works perfectly after flashing with 32-bit 7.03.011 version.

After succesfully executing 15 consecutive reboots I took the plunge and installed to NAND. So far so good running from NAND as well.

This in contrast to my Beelink MX 1GB/8GB which (as previously reported) has serious boot failure issues - freezes on boot logo on every nth reboot
    (but works without any reboot issues with the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version )

I also have a brand new Mini M8s II device (S905x) which I haven't had the time to check out yet. Gonna be interesting to see how that works out. Hopefully I'll have the time to install and test tonight...

• All 7.x version after .007 are not usable for me since i use PVR. 007+ versions have severe stutter.
    Really hope its solved or at least tested (as its a very obvious issue) in this latest release.

Obvious issue or not, I cannot reproduce it on my side. I always need a sample of a video that stutters. You have to remember that these Jarvis builds are maintained by a single developer (me) and I can't test every setup. :(

This is an error in updating device tree. I will have to look into it. If you updated from .010 you should not worry at all, device trees are the same.

- my music is upsampled from 44k to 48k (connected via SPDIF). This was fixed in version 7.0.2.009 but in .010 and .011 it's back again.

I'll stick on version .009 becouse of the upsampling. Is it possible to get a 32bit Version of .009?

Audio patches had to be reverted due to click/pop issues and this is being worked on by other LE developer. I don't have plans to build 32-bit version of .009 as this would require a lot of work reverting or backporting patches.

• You could try by using the "Update & Backup" app in Android, choose a random zip file and let it update. On my Nexbox A95X (also S905) this will make it boot to LE on the SD card.

Problem is I installed LE on internal memory so Android is obviously wiped. Any other way or should I nuke LE, run stock, then start over the process?

• Problem is I installed LE on internal memory so Android is obviously wiped. Any other way or should I nuke LE, run stock, then start over the process?

You can still boot LE from internal, right? You can update to 32-bit build without nuking everything. I recommend to update to 64-bit 7.0.3.011 first and afterwards you can "update" from 64-bit to 32-bit build. Just drop .img.gz with device tree for your box into Update folder.

• I'm still using " 7.0.3.009" on my Mini M8S II and I wondered if the passthrough issue has been mentioned or even resolved in this build or the previous one.
    Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio are send correctly to my Denon AVRX1200WBKE2 but I have an issue with DTSHD High Resolution because only the DTS core is send to my AVR. Using my WD TV Streaming Media Player the same file shows DTSHD HR correctly on the display.
    Has there been made progress I missed out reading about?

• First off great work you have done here Kszak.

I'm just wondering if someone is able to help me here. I accidentally installed to internal prior to getting my remote.conf so my remote is no longer working apart from the power button. I have contacted my supplier COOLEAD for my 2G Q-Box and they sent me stock firmware download. This Zip is a traditional style with the recovery, another zip which is signed.

Is there anyway i can get the file i require for my remote without the hassle of re installing it onto my box.

Thanks for your help in advance.