Posts by vzone

May I ask what is your Android Firmware version?

The Android Firmware version of the device is 1.07L

But at some point in the 7.0.3.11 build discussion thread someone mentioned that in his experience the u-boot of Android Firmware 1.05L gave the most stable (re)boot result for LibreElec, so I followed his instructions and updated to the attached 1.05L bootloader.

However, I did not experience any difference so I later re-updated back ( I hope) to the bootloader from Android Firmware 1.07L

vzone, if your S905 revision is 020c, there shouldn't be any boot issues at all.

Lots of (re)boot freezing issues on this device using LE 7.0.3.11 build which was released on Dec 18th.

Still testing using build githash g3b038ea :

I just completed 40 successful consecutive reboots without any freezing
    (I'm just a bit fed up right now) with approx at least 2 minutes waiting time between each reboot.

Just out of curiosity, are you sure that you have a Beelink MiniMX?
    Just seems a little surprising it boots with a Bear logo, instead of the Beelink logo :s

When you put it like that, I guess I am NOT really sure about that :s

It was bought from Gear**** advertised as a Beelink MiniMX. The device itself only says Mini MX on the case.
    The CPU revision is: 020c (according to LibreELEC system info )

hello vzone
    can u please upload it so i can try on my boxes?

This is getting stranger by the minute.

All of a sudden the abovementioned development version has also started having the same (re)boot failure issue.

I am doing all testing on this device booting from different SD cards.

Just to be sure, I also explicitly updated to the abovementioned development version by putting the .img file and corresponding device tree file in the update folder and rebooted, but still reboot failure issues. I even reflashed using the toothpick method using the abovementioned development version. And still reboot failure issues ???

The only difference between now and a few days ago when I executed as much as 20 successful consecutive reboots using that development version, is that yesterday I updated the bootloader on the device as suggested by someone else in this thread. My device was running 1.07L Android firmware from NAND and I updated just the bootloader with the bootloader from the 1.05L Android firmware as suggested (without seeing any noticeable effect ).

Should I anyhow upload the development version, or? If yes, how should I upload it?
    [hr]
    After applying second test kernel, there are still the same reboot failue issues.

After applying the second test kernel, I was able to soft reboot (from LibreElec menu) the device 5 times in a row and then the 6th got stuck on the Beelink Bear logo.

The 1st cold reboot thereafter (unplugging and replugging power) failed, as well as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The 5th cold reboot attempt succeeded, but then the first soft reboot attempt therefafter failed.

(NOTE: I am using 2 different SD cards to boot from when testing the different versions. 7.0.3.10-development versus 7.0.3.11 )

First kernel to test for users who have booting issues. How to use:

• Install 7.0.3.011.
    • Make the box boot. :D
    • Choose kernel URL:

• Login over SSH and exectute:
    • Reboot, report. ;)

Sorry to report no apparent change to the boot failure issue on my Beelink MiniMX 1G/8G. No apparent change in the frequency of boot failures either (varies from 1 to 5 consecutive succesful soft reboots following a succesful cold boot ).

Once again, I would also like to point out (as I have mentioned several times before) that the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version works like a charm on the same device. It NEVER fails to boot/reboot.

(I could upload it if that is interesting )

I just tried this on my Beelink MiniMX 1G/8G, but after performing all of the steps above and then rebooting from SD card and then rebooting from NAND into Android checking the bootloader version, it was still 107L1 ? :dodgy:

Are you sure that the bootloader you attached to the post is the 105L ?

Brand new Beelink MXIII (S905) 2GB/16GB works perfectly after flashing with 32-bit 7.03.011 version.

After succesfully executing 15 consecutive reboots I took the plunge and installed to NAND. So far so good running from NAND as well.

This in contrast to my Beelink MX 1GB/8GB which (as previously reported) has serious boot failure issues - freezes on boot logo on every nth reboot
    (but works without any reboot issues with the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version )

I also have a brand new Mini M8s II device (S905x) which I haven't had the time to check out yet. Gonna be interesting to see how that works out. Hopefully I'll have the time to install and test tonight...

Just tried a clean install from SD card of the 32 Bit build on MiniMX V1 S905 (2G/16G) , unfortunately the boot faiilure issue is still there...

I also performed a clean install from SD card of the very latest (updated) 32 Bit build on a Beelink MiniMX v1 S905 (1G/8G). I am also experiencing boot failure issues.

At the most I was able to do 3 consecutive succesful reboots (failed on the 4th reboot), whereas other times it failed on the 2nd reboot.

UPDATE: Reflashed (using pinhole method) from SD card using 64bit version on same device, and still boot failure issues. Now I was able to reboot 5 successful consecutive times at the most (6th reboot failed).

UPDATE #2: Reflashed again from SD card with the previous LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version, and now I have so far not experienced any boot failure issues. 20 successful consecutive reboots.