Posts by Miks

rkmfl,
    You're right, the RESET switch is inside the AV port where you can feel the click when press it with a toothpick. For me, I can't reach the RESET switch thru the tiny hole on the bottom with a toothpick.

Switch inside 3.5mm socket, one very good tool is cotton swab (cut head away)

Bottom reset switch can push with needle (thread hole side is better)

[hr]

You said you would flash LibreElec to the NAND as your first step. That's what I've been trying to do all along, without luck. I've tried the various options, but none of them have worked. Can you expand just a bit on how you were able to get it to boot into the SD/USB to install LibreElec, without using the reset? this is impossible

You must do this reset procedure first time, even you start from sd-card. (if you update android version, you must press again first time)
    Remove power cable, put in sd-card, keep reset switch on, plug power plug in, wait starting, release reset switch.
    Some boxes not boot right from usb-stick. Flashing stopped in error.

If you want install in nand, you must start first from sd-card and then install it via Putty (copy installtointernal file and execute it).
    But this is old information, i'm not sure if direct flashing with reset switch is now possible.
    Try extract files in sd-scard.
    to_internal_in_recovery

don't forget copy device your tree file
    device_trees

It is bit difficult understand, first boot Librelec from SD-card and Flashing Android in Nand memory use same reset procedure, only files are diffrent.
    Openelec boot in kodi and Android NAND flashing in Recovery menu, where you can flash it. Some Firmwares boot direct in NAND flashing.
    I need more information, maybe it depend naming zip in Update or extracted files.
    I'm pretty sure you must press reset swith, because i have s905, s905x, s912 and all not boot from sd-card without pressing. Later pressing not need.

I updated my device, open in windows libreelec update folder (type windows start tab your device ip \\192.168.0.144 or something) and copy LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz with device tree file renamed to dtb.img

Reboot it and all go without problems.

K1 plus 1GB
    write LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img to sd-card with win32imager
    then rename gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb to dtb.img and copy sd-card
    Start k1 with pinpressing and install libreelec to sd-card.
    Open in Windows \\192.168.0.xxx\Downloads (your ip) and copy installtointernal there
    Take connect with putty to your k1 IP and login: root pass: libreelec
    ls and cd downloads folder and run installtointernal

everything go fine, need more testing later

Noticed gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb, how it is different than gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb ?

I use VDR-addon with Wetek play ( Openelec player with dvb tuner)
    I notised several things:

Scanning channels, buttons SCAN and ABORT not highlight when select it. Maybe need Estuary skin fix or addon.
    Channel search always scan all channels, cannot choose scrambled or free

Remote controller REC button not control recording and there not have indicator show recording. Maybe need Estuary skin mod.

Wetek play must reboot after scanning else channels not appear. Scanning is very slow, about 15 minutes.

Some errors appear screen, but this could be poor tuner reason.

ok. i edit favorities to home, not sure need anyhing, but maybe it protect something.
    keyboard.xml
    <Home>
    <keyboard>
    <backspace>ActivateWindow(Home)</backspace>
    <backspace mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</backspace>
    <browser_back>ActivateWindow(Home)</browser_back>
    <browser_back mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</browser_back>
    <escape>ActivateWindow(Home)</escape>
    <escape mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</escape>
    </keyboard>
    </Home>