LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0 BETA2

• Will in-place upgrades be allowed on the final release?

It's not a case of allowing it, but the LibreELEC upgrade procedure is not designed to keep a previous version in the background or wherever. The same goes for the data in /storage. Before you upgrade, keep a proper backup available (just in case).

A massive database... using the local SQLite database only: make backups first. Using a MySQL/MariaDB server: use mysqldump for backups or some other SQL tool. Also, Kodi upgrading a database will also leave the old database in place.

An alternative for backups: Kodi's video library export function. It will create .nfo files (and fanart if selected), which will make for a much faster rescraping (going 10-15 videos per second on a proper network) since internet access for metadata is not required.

• Will in-place upgrades be allowed on the final release? Understand it's not recommended, but I have a massive DB and would rather not rescan everything again.

No, because add-ons frequently cause problems in any Kodi major version upgrade and the Py2 > Py3 move from K18 > K19 throws up some extra challenges. Nothing impossible for knowledgeable users to figure out, but the other 98% of our userbase will panic and use lots of bad words. We aren't going to stop people from doing it, but the warnings will stay and if people ignore them; users should expect low sympathy when things go wrong.

That said. I would stop Kodi, move /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi-old, download the LE10 image file to /storage/.update/ and then reboot. It will upgrade to an empty Kodi install which sidesteps 99% the issues with outdated Py2 add-ons. Then stop Kodi, and move /storage/.kodi-old/userdata to /storage/.kodi/userdata and restart again. DB files should now auto-upgrade and you have all the existing settings etc. for add-ons (once you reinstall them) and thumb caches. Kodi settings may need to be tweaked if stuff changed. Always take a backup and move it off-box first so if something does go tits-up you can always reinstall LE-old and recover.

• Hi, I have a quick question. For the sake of not going into generating a new installation media, and then installing into a multiboot disk (LE, Ubuntu, Kali, Windows, Batocera) risking breaking something, is it possible to upgrade from Leia to latest Matrix, and then doing a Hard Reset LE to defaults (erasing Storage Partition)?

It is an Intel NUC i3 7th generation.

I guess this should pose no problem as all the config files are located in the Storage Partition, but I may be overlooking something.

Thanks!

Edit: I have re-read last chewitt's post and I think the answer is pretty straightforward (though I did not rename the data nor backed it up, as my installation dates from a very old version and my database is stored in a cental location NAS).

Edit2: I have noticed that scanning for new media takes a long time, and it seems to process several times TV Shows and Movies. Should I delete and recreate the Movies and TV Shows database from scratch?

• No, because add-ons frequently cause problems in any Kodi major version upgrade and the Py2 > Py3 move from K18 > K19 throws up some extra challenges. Nothing impossible for knowledgeable users to figure out, but the other 98% of our userbase will panic and use lots of bad words. We aren't going to stop people from doing it, but the warnings will stay and if people ignore them; users should expect low sympathy when things go wrong.

That said. I would stop Kodi, move /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi-old, download the LE10 image file to /storage/.update/ and then reboot. It will upgrade to an empty Kodi install which sidesteps 99% the issues with outdated Py2 add-ons. Then stop Kodi, and move /storage/.kodi-old/userdata to /storage/.kodi/userdata and restart again. DB files should now auto-upgrade and you have all the existing settings etc. for add-ons (once you reinstall them) and thumb caches. Kodi settings may need to be tweaked if stuff changed. Always take a backup and move it off-box first so if something does go tits-up you can always reinstall LE-old and recover.

Thanks, that doesn't look too bad. I'll give that a try when we're out of Beta. The only add-on I use is the skin so maintaining DB & audio/video settings was my primary concern. I use Flirc for the remote control, so I believe all that is transparent due to use of default key mappings. Should be pretty painless (hopefully) when the time comes.

• I have now two RPi4 runing with the latest beta! Really great work, 4K movies are running smoothly. Also HDR and HD Audio passthrough works now great. I only have one issue with the one RPi4 where I made a clean new installation. When I start a movie the RPi waits about 30 seconds until it starts. With the other RPi where I made the uprade from the Libreelec 9.2.6 I dont have this issue.

I also recognized that on the clean installed RPi there is a nice new movie tag on the upper left side of the screen during Playback while opening the Player Menu. Haven‘t found this in settings yet on my second RPi. Where can this be activated/deactivated?

• I also recognized that on the clean installed RPi there is a nice new movie tag on the upper left side of the screen during Playback while opening the Player Menu. Haven‘t found this in settings yet on my second RPi. Where can this be activated/deactivated?

Could you post a screenshot of this movie tag?

• Installed on RPi4 and I'm using an external USB DAC which accepts 96kHz/24-bit maximum sample rate.

Using DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF output (Fixed, Optimized or Best match) I don't have sound at all.

Using DigiHug USB Audio Analog output I have sound but everything is resampled at 48KHz with "Best match"output configuration.

I have tried with 44.1/16, 88.2/24 and 96/24 audio files.

• Thanks for your work.

It runs stably and well. I only have one small blemish. Part of the picture is cut off at the maximum resolution of my TV. The solution is to switch to a lower resolution.

Samsung

Model UE40H5203AW

Type No.: UE40H5203

Raspberry Pi 4

Ram 4 GB

Nice day

Shienor

• Official Post

Part of the picture is cut off at the maximum resolution of my TV. The solution is to switch to a lower resolution.

This could be a TV issue. Many TV's have picture optimization modes, who blow up the picture size beyond the edges. This effect can be more intense, the higher the resolution is. Search for such a mode on your TV's picture settings, and switch it off.

• Hey all!

First let me thank the LE team for your hard work in this! It is SO awesome to finally get Kodi 19 installed on my Intel NUC, I have been waiting to get HDR going for ages... THANKS!!!!

I just installed LE10 BETA 2 on my NUC NUC8i5BEK, but can't seem to get HDR to recognize on my TV. The TV plays HDR fine, from my AMLogic X92 with Kodi 18 (LE9). I have the latest HDMI firmware and BIOS flashed on the NUC.

I tested a number of files (which all play on my AMLogic box and TV); all 24FPS.

Is there anything I need to enable/disable in settings?

One of the vides I am playing, has the following info:

Thanks for any info!!

• Since Kodi 19.1 has been released yesterday, will the next LE beta/rc already contain the changes since Kodi 19? If not, will the final LE 10 release be based on Kodi 19.1?

Nightlys says 19.1 after rainbowscreen on Pi 4 and versionsinfo in settings clearly states 19.1.