Posts by Da Flex

Upgrading from LE 9 to LE 10 is not suggested, because LE 10 uses a different Python version.

Upgrading from LE 10 to LE 11 or 12 is possible. Read the release notes for details.

So in your case I suggest to install LE 12 from scratch.

Thanks. So no 3D on S922X. what's my best option, Pi4 or a Pi3 for definite 3D MVC?

Both RPi will work, but to be future-proof, we suggest RPi4.

In 11.09 and 12.0 as soon as i use an USB 3.0 5tb with the raspberry pi 5 the raspberry freezes and when I remove the usb it works again. (i have 5 raspberry PI 5 they all do the same)

Can you install LE 12 on a spare microSD, and replicate the issue? If it's a software issue, then we want to find the bug.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
    Bash
    LibreELEC:~ # free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            7810         519        6884          56         575        7290
    Swap:            127           0         127

I tried it, no change. There's plenty of free memory. :)

Thanks! You're right, you don't need a swap file. :)

Then it's maybe the internal cache management of Kodi (skin vs. NFS cache). Unfortunately that's not visible in the log.

Stay with the default skin. I have no idea, how to solve this, or how to write a bug report for this. /shrug

PS: I wrote a note to our developers. Maybe they know more, so stay tuned...

That's the needed driver:

GitHub - realtek-lunix/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux
    Contribute to realtek-lunix/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

If modprobe 8852bu fails, then the driver isn't present, and you have to compile your own LE:

Kermit_Protocol
    August 31, 2023 at 11:05 PM

You still have a memory problem on the Estuary Mod log:

Please try the swap file.

Our dev has mentioned that the pay TV add-ons are compatible to 32/64 bit Widevine. InputStream Helper gets automatically updated on LE 12, and you did the Widevine update by deleting the CDM folder. So in theory it should work now.

You probably can't downgrade Widevine on InputStream Helper, because you only have one version installed. Search for older Widevine versions on the internet, and manually copy them into the CDM folder.