Posts by KrissKross

I have now two RPi4 runing with the latest beta! Really great work, 4K movies are running smoothly. Also HDR and HD Audio passthrough works now great. I only have one issue with the one RPi4 where I made a clean new installation. When I start a movie the RPi waits about 30 seconds until it starts. With the other RPi where I made the uprade from the Libreelec 9.2.6 I dont have this issue.

I also recognized that on the clean installed RPi there is a nice new movie tag on the upper left side of the screen during Playback while opening the Player Menu. Haven‘t found this in settings yet on my second RPi. Where can this be activated/deactivated?

Just an update if any one cares.

smartredraw is not needed in my case to fix subtitle issue , it causes weird gui issues so only the following is needed :

Code
    <advancedsettings>
      <gui>
        <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
      </gui>
    </advancedsettings>

I have the same issue with subtitles since the beginning with my RPi4. I tried the workaround with the advancesettings file and actually it stopped the stutters when the subtitles show up.

But I noticed, that the audio starts to have little variations. I noticed it during the music parts in the movies.

Is there any update to this problems?

Actually it got better with the lattest update 9.2.6 but the subtitles stutter is still there. And with my RPi3 everything works fine.

Any other solutions?

Regards

Chris

Okay, changed the advancedsettings file like mentionned. Helped a little with the performance, but didn't solve the problems.

After upgrading to Libreelec 8.0.1 the audio problem was solved after switching the audio to HDMI an Analoge. But the chapter Search was still broken and kodi crashed.

Updated to latest testbuild (29.04.2017) last weekend, which solved the problems. 3D MVC MKV Files play now smooth again and the chapter search runs perfect again. Also Audio with regular HDMI configuration works again.

Don't now what the problem was but everything runs smooth again.

Regards
    Chris

Hello

Did some research and did the following:

- Fresh reinstall of Libreelec 8.0.0. Didn't solve the problem!
    - Did some twinkeling with the advancedsetting.xml file in the userdata folder. The playback got more stable and kodi didn't crash anymore. Put in the following:

<advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode> 1 </buffermode>
    <readbufferfactor> 3 </readbufferfactor>
    <cachemembuffersize> 104857600 </cachemembuffersize>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

The problem still occurs though. During playback of 3D MVC MKV files (ex. San Andreas) when I jump to the next chapter the screen freezes. If I go a step forward the movie starts playing again. Some chapters seem to work, but then I get the buffering screen and the movies starts again after a couple of seconds. Under Libreelec 7.0.3 everything runs smooth. Looks like there is some buffering problems or also with the cache.

Also with DTS HD Audio streams when its configured to PCM 5.1 and best match the center audio is lost. If it's configured to fixed, audio is fine. Works also fine with Libreelec 7.0.3.

I'm not an expert, so help would be appreciated. Otherwise this looks like a bug.

Regards

Hello everybody

I upgraded mi Raspberry Pi3 from 7.95.3 via .tar file in the update folder. Update worked fine but I still have the same issue since upgrading from 7.0.3.:

With 3D MVC MKV Files (Remuxed by Makemkv and original Streams) the picture freezes when I forward the movie by chapter or forwarding by steps.
    I also have lost center audio during playback with passthrough from the original audio Stream (DTS-HD). When the audio Stream ist decoded to PCM the audio works fine. All other movies work fine, also when I have a ripped 3D MKV (SBS o. TAB). I tried all different kind of settings, but didn't solve the problem.

Does anybody have the same problem or do I have problem with the settings?

Thanks