[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• LE on card uses two partitions, Android only sees the first.
    To see your internal flash in LE, you would need to mount the corresponding device.

Thanks

How to automatically mount the internal memory at Le start? Just to "see" my mp3 and films stored there ...

• Great build! My slow MXQ 4K Pro 1/8g now run fast and stability on SD card. wifi and Lan work well. Only remote control doesnt work. It works only when I turn on the box. I tried to find proper remote.conf to fix but the File Manager in LE not show the storage/.config. The remote keymap add-on not effective. If the remote could run I will install LE to internal memory to replace crappy slow Android 5.1. However, I accidentally find the old Sharp Tv remote works with the box (Aquos link): play, stop, navigation, power off. Now the mxq remote will only be used to turn it on :)

• Hi all,
    just wondering if the intermittent but regular sound dropouts on s905/s905x chips are still a problem in passthrough mode with the lastest Kodi version? I know it was an inherent amlogic problem. Has it been solved lately?
    TIA

Edited once, last by nanouk76 (April 1, 2017 at 3:02 PM).

• Any idea on how to boot into libreelec when TWRP is installed? Tried the toothpick method, update app method as well as terminal command method.

Everytime my box boots straight into TWRP instead of LE.

TIA

• Thanks

How to automatically mount the internal memory at Le start? Just to "see" my mp3 and films stored there ...

You can edit autostart.sh script (/storage/.config/autostart.sh) and here put commands (for example):

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/nand
    mount /dev/data /storage/nand

and in /storage/nand directory will be mounted internall data partition...

• You can edit autostart.sh script (/storage/.config/autostart.sh) and here put commands (for example):

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/nand

and in /storage/nand directory will be mounted internall data partition...

Thanks a lot man!
    Here the first script that i ever written

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    (
    mkdir -p /storage/nand
    )&
  • Here's a super simple patch for 4:4:4 support (now boots in 2160p60hz instead of 2160p60hz420, and stays after playing a video): GEBW

Just wget or curl the address, and patch -p1 < GEBW before your build. I'll upload a build with that patch shortly for interested parties.

With refresh rate switching, the colorspace metadata might still be an issue depending on your TV. I have a Samsung KS8000 that allows me to manually set colorspace in HDR mode, and it doesn't affect the SDR mode.

Edit: also, here's my /storage/.config/autostart.sh for s905x (also bumps up gpu clock in first line, delete if you don't want it): HGcQ

I've also set executable bit on the autostart.sh, but not sure if that's required (chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh).

Big thanks to kszaq and kubrickdave .

Another edit: here's a build with that patch File not found ;(

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (April 2, 2017 at 6:45 AM).

• kszaq - I think there's an issue with LE releasing the USB ports (if that's possible).

... When I reboot to the internal Android installation, the search does not begin and, consequently, once Android boots the keyboard is not detected until I un/replug the USB receiver.

It looks like it's entirely possible.
    After numerous dead ends, I finally discovered that, forcing an unbind on the usb hub the device is connected to, in a simple shutdown script, allows it to be detected when Android boots from the RebootFromNand command in LE.

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    echo '1-1' |tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind

This doesn't seem to be an issue with all usb devices but, where there's one there will probably be more, so it seemed to be worth solving.

Perhaps releasing the usb ports on exit could be incorporated into LE or maybe just into the RebootFromNand process (since that's the only time it might arise) which would help those that, otherwise would probably be buying new usb devices instead.
    In the meantime the shutdown script works fine :cool:

Edited once, last by Poida (April 2, 2017 at 7:15 AM).

• One question: does anybody else noticed that sometimes after resuming a movie there is no sound for 4-5 seconds and then everything is all ok again?
    First noticed in 8.0.1b using Minix U1 and passthrough.

• My feedback.

I've installed 8.0.1a in a NEXBOX MXQ PRO and I'm comparing the exactly same setup in terms of installed addons and external drives that I have running on my Raspberry Pi 3. Both are controlled with Yatse from my smartphone.
    What have I noticed of different by comparing with RP3 (none of this happen on my RP3):
    # whenever I end a youtube video my external harddrive spins up; in Raspi3 that only happens when I access the contents of that drive.
    # sometimes (haven't been able to discover the exact conditions) when resuming a video the first 2-3 seconds are without sound.
    # In several ocasions - but only when playing videos from Youtube sent by my phone via Yatse - I get no image and only a error message from the TV saying that the resolution is not suported by HDMI. Youtube addon is set to 720p.
    # Sometimes the wifi "freezes". Can't get connection from Yatse. However, if I wait one or two minutes, it goes back to life.

What I haven't tested yet:
    # running the same video from my NAS and comparing image between both devices

By the way: GREAT WORK!

• Hello...

I have Tanix TX5 with a S905X (2GB/16GB) with LibreELEC latest version and i have an issue with remote control.

When box reboots at first remote control works alright but after a while it stsrts freezing.

For example, if i go to All Addons and continuessly press down button at first scrolling is smooth and after a while it starts "sticking", that is scrolling starts and stops.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Best regards...

• One question: does anybody else noticed that sometimes after resuming a movie there is no sound for 4-5 seconds and then everything is all ok again?
    First noticed in 8.0.1b using Minix U1 and passthrough.

I think this is a Kodi issue, i remember it happening on windows for a while so i don't think it's just a LibreElec issue