Posts by crazycoder

CEC is one of those 'standards' that has many implementations, and apparently with lots of subtle differences per TV manufacturer (and maybe even per TV brand/range).

It's best to turn on the TV first, and then the LibreELEC box, so the HDMI handshake can be fully executed. AFAIK, there are no CEC commands possible via the busybox backend.

You could try and implement the TV's EDID into LE. Read here: Configuring a Custom xorg.conf - OpenELEC

Thanks for the response, I read in this thread:

LibreELEC

It says: "... Amlogic doesn't use X, it uses EGL and there is no xorg ...". However I know that EGL doesn't itself handle CEC, just video mode configs, etc, but the app/process that integrates EGL must get this enumeration from somewhere.

It would be nice if we can force a custom edid file for your TV. Does anyone know if this is possible? Are there any command line tools in libreelec that let you snoop the edid, e.g. read-edid edid-decode get-edit? If not maybe there are some bins available for arm64 that can be used in libreelec?

Thanks
    [hr]

Klojum Custom EDID doesn't work that way on Amlogic.

crazycoder The only way you can "restart" CEC is to restart Kodi.

kszaq, thanks for the response, is there any way to force an edid binary/profile to libcec?

Hi,

Sometimes when I turn the box on, CEC doesn't work until I switch my TV to another input and back to the HDMI input. Sometimes it works.

It could be my TV (older sony) or it could be a CEC lib issue, however I'm looking for a way to reload the libcec driver somehow on autostart. Is there a script or command that will force the re-load? If so, how?