[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• you can start a dedicated s905 development thread/talk

Unfortunately i am not a developer, otherwise i would have already done that.

I requested the Admin or the thread maintainer it would be useful to Segregate and maintain the Thread like that.

You are a developer, why cant you maintain a dedicated Thread for 64bit Build ?

• Have you installed CPU-Z CPU identification tool in Android to see what Chip you REALLY have ??

I presume you have read

#3,726

Of course it's a s905. Maybe my english is too bad !

LE work like a charm in this box (sd, usb or nand) but there is some freeze time to time (have to remove power).

It's the box of my son and LE make him very nervous !!!

I use x86/LE and I try to convince him to use LE, I'm so sorry my son !

So, to sum up, for same usage : good cheap box for android/kodi but bad box for LE, no matter.

• Of course it's a s905. Maybe my english is too bad !

LE work like a charm in this box (sd, usb or nand) but there is some freeze time to time (have to remove power).

It's the box of my son and LE make him very nervous !!!

I use x86/LE and I try to convince him to use LE, I'm so sorry my son !

So, to sum up, for same usage : good cheap box for android/kodi but bad box for LE, no matter.

Sorry, that is just plain wrong. I have the Nexbox MXQ Pro 4K with the S905 chipset and LE is running just fine with it for some months now.

I am using the temp disabled versions and I have only crashes on webcam streams, but on TV streaming or watching local files on a Synology NAS everything is just fine.

On the other hand, Android is total bullshit on that box, but I must admit, I used it about 20 minutes in sum only. I never would use that on a cheap TV box like that one.

• [...]

You are a developer, why cant you maintain a dedicated Thread for 64bit Build ?

I am not really an LE developer, rather someone who (re)builds software from source. But you are right. Maybe I should create a separate 64bit build thread. However: I have no authority to fix any issues that could be reported. Also: the 32bit/64bit builds, in theory, should have very comparable functionality.

• So, to sum up, for same usage : good cheap box for android/kodi but bad box for LE, no matter.

If you're are happy with the performance of Kodi for Android, it doesn't really matter if your particular box can run LE reliably or not.

If it's working to your satisfaction on Android, use Android. :thumbup:

• K1 Plus combo, using internal DVB-S2 and T2 for live TV.

I have just upgraded from afl1 8.0.2c to kszaq 8.0.2e. For the first time I had a system freeze. No ssh, no www. But ping works. In about 8 months I have been using this box I had only few freezes where I could restart frontend from ssh.

My CPU has a larger heatsink with a fan, so no thermal issues. But it could be random, yestarday it was online for several hours.

kodi.log

• KII pro, I have a lot of problem when start the system with 3 HD connected to USB ports.
    A lot of time, I'm able to see only one HD by time. After many restart, I see all HD but sometimes system restart without reason.
    I updated from afl1 build

• KII pro, I have a lot of problem when start the system with 3 HD connected to USB ports.
    A lot of time, I'm able to see only one HD by time. After many restart, I see all HD but sometimes system restart without reason.
    I updated from afl1 build

Have you tried using a usb hub with separate power supply?

• I raised an issue a few weeks back on post # 3,633 ([8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X) concerning random stutter during 25p content playback (23.976p and 24p content are unaffected). This content is all HEVC and 720p resolution. My entire library is 720p and 98% is HEVC.

I have narrowed it down to the change between releases 8.0.1l and 8.0.2a. I have tested several files at both releases and so far I see perfect playback at 8.0.1l, but random stuttering at 8.0.2a and all subsequent releases through 'e' on the same files.

The big change at 8.0.2a was that Kodi was upgraded from v17.1 to v17.3 and the kernel was changed back to MM. I don't know if this is the cause but my testing does seem to suggest that this is where the issue started. The stutters are random in nature (not predictable like the 40 second micro stutter). It also appears that release 8.0.1a plays back the files perfectly (this was the last MM release before the experimental kernel changes done from 8.0.1b thru 8.0.1l)

Should I upload a debug log (or a sample of the log around the time that the stuttering occurs)?

Strange that only 25p is affected,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I should add that the files playback at the correct TV hertz rate (i.e. at 24hz for 23.976p and 24p and 50Hz for 25p).

I've posted a log here:- FGDg

This was using the latest dev version uploaded yesterday. The stutters are a lot less noticeable (so far) with this version - sometimes very difficult to see them. I don't know if the log will shed any light. I did test a x264 25p 720p file and also noticed stuttering - as said, it's difficult to pin down the cause as it's so random and sometimes it can be 20 minutes or more before it happens. Most of the time it happens within the first 10 minutes - but on all 25p content so far.

TIA

PS - I've no problem staying at 8.0.1l :)

Edited 2 times, last by ukmark62 (July 17, 2017 at 11:33 AM).

• No addons, not tested, no support = no anonuncement. You can try if you really want. :P

OK, I will. I am also happy that you are close to releasing a new build. Why did you take off the download link? Let the enthusiasts try your development build?

• Have you checked the bandwidth setting? I believe Australia uses a 7Mhz bandwidth.

• OK, I will. I am also happy that you are close to releasing a new build. Why did you take off the download link? Let the enthusiasts try your development build?

The build was not meant for public testing, it was a copy for my update tests. When I have something for public tests, I will post it here.

I raised an issue a few weeks back on post # 3,633

I'm sorry but without a sample I am unable to look at the issue. Maybe you'll be more lucky with future 8.2 build with Nougat kernel.

• Sorry, I don't mean to hijacked your post, but just to mentioned that I have almost identical experience. I am using, Balbes50 build LibreELEC & OpenELEC for Tronsmart Vega S95 - FreakTab.com that is based on kszaq build, Since I am not certain where the problem lies, I have result back to Kodi.17.1-RC2 Git:5814568, complied : March 23 2017. Every thing works perfectly on this build both Live TV, and several HEVC movies. But once I upgrade to 8.0.2e (2017-07-04) build same issues start, I am not sure if log file will help to identify the issue, pls let me know how to tweak the log setting to capture the issues.

Thanks