Posts by slowry

Very quick test with a nexbox A95X-A1:

Wifi works now at least to update an extension !

There is two interfaces wlan0 & wlan1, only wlan1 works for me. But both can be connected and retrieve a different IP.

Of course my wifi dongle was removed (otherwise 3 interfaces !).
    No time to do more for now.

I finally manage to recompile 8.2 master (about 20 hours !) with the fix and it works as expected now.

There is a broken dependency for qca9377 firmware so I do this... as a workaround :

How to recompile kernel without patching ( because patching does a clean and rebuild all the obj ) ?

A "fake dvi mode" should make a possible "force rgb mode" (real DVI mode doesn't carry audio).

I try to use my s905x box with a dvi monitor and a dvi to hdmi adapter.

All the versions since 8.1.5 displays a pink / purple screen.

So, I dig into the code and I find this commits Revert "drivers/amlogic/hdmi/hdmi_tx_20: Partially revert c49e9b6 to … · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@8c1f5c4 · GitHub.

In DVI mode the Color Space Converter is set to convert TX_INPUT_COLOR_FORMAT to TX_OUTPUT_COLOR_FORMAT but both are set to COLORSPACE_YUV444.

It means nothing to do !

DVI can only handle RGB, so TX_OUTPUT_COLOR_FORMAT should be COLORSPACE_RGB444 in that case, just like to force RGB. No ??

My problem are not exactly the same but maybe something relate to RGB patch.

I have a nexbox a95x-A1 and I connect it to a dvi monitor with an hdmi to dvi adapter.

All the versions prior to 8.1.5 have a good color rendering.
    Since version 8.1.5 the display is pink /purple.

I found in 8.1.5 changelog: "revert all RGB-related changes (this needs to be investigated further)"

So for my usage, some reverted RGB changes were good for sure !

I don't use any force rbg command just a clean install.

I made some test with 3 monitors (2 Dell and Philipps) and same behavior.

Just a question is there a way to force hmi hotplug ? Just to test because I have a monitor witch displays no hdmi signal.

Guys does anyone here know if it is possible. and if so how, to make a full bit copy with both partitions of my LibreELEC bootable 16G SD card so I can have an easy duplicated copy, with all the settings and suite of addons too, for use with my other compatible boxes usign same device tree, and for freinds similar boxes too ?? It is quite time consumming making a fresh disc using something like Win32DiskImager or Rufus and then restoring from a separate drive a complete back up of settigns and addons. Be nice to just be able to clone a complete duplicated copy with the data partition as well as the boot partition. Searching on the internet for an answer but not found one yet so maybe I have missed the answer or I need to deepen my search or just maybe someone on here may know.

Do you mean something like "usb image tool".

alex's coding playground » USB Image Tool

Have you installed CPU-Z CPU identification tool in Android to see what Chip you REALLY have ??

I presume you have read

#3,726

Of course it's a s905. Maybe my english is too bad !

LE work like a charm in this box (sd, usb or nand) but there is some freeze time to time (have to remove power).

It's the box of my son and LE make him very nervous !!!

I use x86/LE and I try to convince him to use LE, I'm so sorry my son !

So, to sum up, for same usage : good cheap box for android/kodi but bad box for LE, no matter.

I have exactly this problem also on this build. Box says MXQ Pro ... works perfectly from sd card, but not internal.. just a blank screen, no errors or messages .. nothing. It doesn't seem to boot from internal at all ... when i put the card in and plug in the power it boots fine.

The card cost me more than the box (crazy), so I would like to get it back as it is my only spare.

Any ideas ????

With my NEXBOX S905 MXQ Pro 4K I tried :

gxbb_p201.

gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi,

gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb,

gxbb_p200_1G_100M

These four dtb work on SD or USB and I can't see any difference. But only p201 allows the internal installation with no problem (do it twice).

The big problem is that LE is unstable (SD or internal), it crash/freeze after 1 minute, 1 hour or one week. It's so erratic, mostly on live stream or simply browsing the GUI.

All the versions (7, 8, testing...) behave the same. I only use wifi or usb tethering maybe there is a bug with network or hardware driver.

Android never crash like this with kodi. One big diff: it's lollipop kernel on android.

So, I'm back to android on this nexbox, but I keep an eye on LE !

Hi,

I use a MXQPRO S905 and while kernel is loading there is a awful buzzy noise on av output.
    If I power on my amp before the box it may destroy my amp and my ears ! As soon as kodi start that's ok.
    Is there a simple way to mute av audio before kodi starts because muting in kodi does nothing.

LE 7 and 8 behave the same.

Thanks,

Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

This build also has the same approach to a/v sync as 2016-10-18 devel as this was so far the best one. VQ drops to ~0% but I don't notice any stuttering because of this.

I tested this build and same problem (I got a freeze after about 30 min).
    I must say I have a poor internet bandwidth, during streaming lots of pause/buffering then a freeze maybe it's where to search the problem. Guy's that have good bandwidth never see this, I guess !

Debug have lots of :
    17:44:50 T:546635247840 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
    17:44:50 T:546048045280 INFO: CDVDPlayerVideo - Stillframe left, switching to normal playback
    17:44:50 T:546048045280 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
    17:44:50 T:546635247840 NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 21
    17:44:50 T:546635247840 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 10 times.

I wonder if it could help to have, say, 2GB swap space partition on SD.

Oh, thanks, I can have a look at this. But I don't think it's a memory issue, the crash can happen after 2, 20 or more minutes !
    I have also try another SD but same problem.
    When Kodi freeze/crash there is a lot of free memory, my test install is minimal : only one add-on (artetv from kodi repo), no lib and nothing else...
    The same stream works perfectly on kodi+android.
    I can use kodi on android it is not so bad on my NexBox but I prefer LE (at least on i86/64 until now).