[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• You have to verify preconfigured muxes.

e.g. for my country this db is outdated, some muxes switched to DVB-T2 and some changed frequencies. The same is for DVB-S, lot of transponders were migrated to DVB-S2.

• There are deceptive sellers sending out supposed S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 K - but they are in fact old $20 RK3299 boxes that LibreELEC does not support. This has happened to quite a few users now across a bunch of different forums.

I would advise those looking NOT to buy S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 K boxes - because the chances are you will be sent the wrong device.

I spotted such a product (under US $10 + Free S/H) from an eBay seller goes by this fastnreliable handler. It was even flagged as

for parts or not working condition. The title of the ad (now fixed) and item specifics (still) claimed it was an S905 chipset while it says an RK3229 chipset somewhere in the description. So, I contacted the seller and he confirmed it is an RK3229 chipset. If it were under US $5, I would not mind to get one. :)

• My box is the S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 k

I've installed LibreElec successful on a USB boot and it works 100% without any issues. I've install it on the internal memory successfully (twice) as instructed in the HOW TO. My problem is if i boot if via the internal memory the screen is just black, not even a boot logo can be seen but as soon as i put the USB boot back it works 100%. Why do i have a black screen on the internal memory but it works flawlessly on the USB. Anyone else having this issue ? I cant even ping it or SSH to it but on USB i can ping it and SSH to it.

Thanks

Stolla

I have exactly this problem also on this build. Box says MXQ Pro ... works perfectly from sd card, but not internal.. just a blank screen, no errors or messages .. nothing. It doesn't seem to boot from internal at all ... when i put the card in and plug in the power it boots fine.

The card cost me more than the box (crazy), so I would like to get it back as it is my only spare.

Any ideas ????

• You have to verify preconfigured muxes.

I have spent a few hours in the last few days getting my head around how this works.

Lots of Google Searching. Went round in circles trying to find more details on the changes i have to make in verifying the Muxes.

I am in an area where the transmitter is a retransmission and the only details i can find so far are the one's below.

I know there are only six Muxes and i believe the preconfigured AU with 100 Muxes has the frequencies i am after BUT i believe they need to be configured even more in the settings for linux to convert into service.

I know that in the Background i see full signal during scanning so i know the channels are being found but no information.

In Australia it is DVB-T no DVB-T2

Service Network Freq(MHz) Channel Polarisation

ABC ABC 634.5 MHz 43 V

SBS SBS 613.5 MHz 40 V

HSV Seven 620.5 MHz 41 V

GTV Nine 641.5 MHz 44 V

ATV Ten 648.5 MHz 45 V

MGV Commtv 627.5 MHz 42 V

I will have to dig deeper and get more info outside of the frequencies.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 14, 2017 at 1:33 PM).

• I have exactly this problem also on this build. Box says MXQ Pro ... works perfectly from sd card, but not internal.. just a blank screen, no errors or messages .. nothing. It doesn't seem to boot from internal at all ... when i put the card in and plug in the power it boots fine.

The card cost me more than the box (crazy), so I would like to get it back as it is my only spare.

Any ideas ????

With my NEXBOX S905 MXQ Pro 4K I tried :

gxbb_p201.

gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi,

gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb,

gxbb_p200_1G_100M

These four dtb work on SD or USB and I can't see any difference. But only p201 allows the internal installation with no problem (do it twice).

The big problem is that LE is unstable (SD or internal), it crash/freeze after 1 minute, 1 hour or one week. It's so erratic, mostly on live stream or simply browsing the GUI.

All the versions (7, 8, testing...) behave the same. I only use wifi or usb tethering maybe there is a bug with network or hardware driver.

Android never crash like this with kodi. One big diff: it's lollipop kernel on android.

So, I'm back to android on this nexbox, but I keep an eye on LE !

• Have you tried the temperature sensor disabled version? you are describing what happened to me when I used the regular version.

• Have you tried the temperature sensor disabled version? you are describing what happened to me when I used the regular version.

yes, I think I tried all the existing version for S905 ! Even the very first ones with Android dtb.:(

• If I use minipartitionwizard to look at a freshly imaged 16gb SD, I see a 512mb LIBREELEC partition, a 32mb Other, and 14.2GB unallocated

Is that normal? I flashed it win32diskimager.

• If I use minipartitionwizard to look at a freshly imaged 16gb SD, I see a 512mb LIBREELEC partition, a 32mb Other, and 14.2GB unallocated

Is that normal? I flashed it win32diskimager.

Normal. On first boot the 32Mb expands to fill the card with an ext4 partition.

• The big problem is that LE is unstable . . .

The big problem is the NEXBOX. They've been noted as cheap and nasty since way back.

My experience has been that LE is extremely stable if you pay a few dollars more for a more reliable box ;)

• With my NEXBOX S905 MXQ Pro 4K I tried :

gxbb_p201.

gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi,

gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb,

gxbb_p200_1G_100M

Have you installed CPU-Z CPU identification tool in Android to see what Chip you REALLY have ??

I presume you have read

#3,726