[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Is it possible to use amremote with Odroid-C2 builds? If not I have a problem with "irrecord" throwing up "Cannot decode data" from my remote. This remote did work with LIRC some time ago, but it is so long ago that I might as well did something wrong with LIRC.

Edit: I also get a warning at the very beginning of irrecord "Warning: cannot open /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf"

• My box is the S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 k

I've installed LibreElec successful on a USB boot and it works 100% without any issues. I've install it on the internal memory successfully (twice) as instructed in the HOW TO. My problem is if i boot if via the internal memory the screen is just black, not even a boot logo can be seen but as soon as i put the USB boot back it works 100%. Why do i have a black screen on the internal memory but it works flawlessly on the USB. Anyone else having this issue ? I cant even ping it or SSH to it but on USB i can ping it and SSH to it.

Thanks

Stolla

• Hi all, I think this thread has become now just a feedback and bug reporting thread.

Can we have just a pure development talk here only if it's intended for that purpose?.

Are our developers busy working on leia build or have we reached a perfection build for our s905 boxes?

• Hi Kszak,

I tested your latest builds (d & e) with LIRC support, I think it's very nice because potentially could remove my MCE USB receiver (RC6 eHome IR transceiver). But sadly with these builds the device no longer boots with the USB receiver attached (LIRC dtb and normal dtb file). It won't get past the LE splash screen.

Also I can't get LIRC to recognize the buttons, using irrecord:

Now hold down button "KEY_1".

Something went wrong: Cannot decode data

Please try again. (28 retries left)

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Are our developers busy working on leia build or have we reached a perfection build for our s905 boxes?

If you ask me, I'm busy with life. Next thing I plan to do is 8.2 build with bug fixes.

I tested your latest builds (d & e) with LIRC support, I think it's very nice because potentially could remove my MCE USB receiver (RC6 eHome IR transceiver). But sadly with these builds the device no longer boots with the USB receiver attached (LIRC dtb and normal dtb file). It won't get past the LE splash screen.

Also I can't get LIRC to recognize the buttons, using irrecord:

I believe LIRC is broken due to using media_build drivers for RC. I was advised to use RC drivers from kernel tree. I will test this approach for the next build and apply it if it's more reliable.

• Hi all, I think this thread has become now just a feedback and bug reporting thread.

Can we have just a pure development talk here only if it's intended for that purpose?.

Are our developers busy working on leia build or have we reached a perfection build for our s905 boxes?

you can start a dedicated s905 development thread/talk

• kszaq

Clean install K1 Pro. Remote totally not working. Inserted SD Card to laptop and the remote.conf was on the card. See below.

I copied this to .config and rebooted. Still no working remote.

I then copied afl1 remote to .config , rebooted and it worked. I deleted the existing non working remote.config from the card and replaced it with the the working one. Deleted the working one from .config as well. So with just the working remote.conf replacing the non working one to the card Works. Working remote.conf below.

• He simply hasn't got a chip which LE supports. His box is not a true S905 MXQ.

There are deceptive sellers sending out supposed S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 K - but they are in fact old $20 RK3299 boxes that LibreELEC does not support. This has happened to quite a few users now across a bunch of different forums.

I would advise those looking NOT to buy S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 K boxes - because the chances are you will be sent the wrong device.

• Tried to use internal Tuner with TVHeadend.

The results are worse than my previous testing with afl1's version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2-devel-201707041833-g834a470-I.

. (2017-07-13 19:50:30.448 mpegts: 634.625MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Availink - Pastebin.com) 30 Services Found.

Using wizard for AU Predefined Muxes , 100 Found

After scan No Services found.

2017-07-14 15:54:36.384 mpegts: 212.625MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Availink - Pastebin.com

Some details of my transmission point nearest my area.

Como Transmitter MELBOURNE (Como Centre)

Service Network Freq(MHz) Channel Polarisation

ABC ABC 634.5 MHz 43 V

SBS SBS 613.5 MHz 40 V

HSV Seven 620.5 MHz 41 V

GTV Nine 641.5 MHz 44 V

ATV Ten 648.5 MHz 45 V

MGV Commtv 627.5 MHz 42 V

Edited 2 times, last by kostaman (July 14, 2017 at 8:10 AM).

• I've been using johngalt's Nougat builds for some time now but, seeing that he's stopped working on the 8.x.x. branch, i want to switch back to kszaq's LE.

Do I need to update the device tree as well or just drop the .img file in the update folder?

• Do I need to update the device tree as well or just drop the .img file in the update folder?

You do need the device tree yes. If you're updating then you don't need to worry about renaming it, so just leave the file name as is. If you're doing a clean install, then you will need to rename the device tree

• kostaman It looks like remote.conf from Android firmware doesn't work with amremote driver, that's why you have to provide your own. Unfortunately there is no universal way to support all remotes. The reason why it works in @afl1's build is that his builds are made for "K" boxes and he can include configuration file - but it works only with that one type of remote.

Unfortunately I cannot provide support for DVB driver, I only included the driver and don't know its internals. I also have issues with channel scan. One solution I read was to scan channels with a different tuner.

• It looks like remote.conf from Android firmware doesn't work with amremote driver

Not a problem. One thing i must ask, If the correct remote.conf file is replaced to the root of the SD Card whilst using SD Card LE,

Will the correct remote be installed when installtointernal command to install to nand. ?

Unfortunately I cannot provide support for DVB driver

No problem. I saw the changelog and mentioned it. I have never gone down the TV / PVR options with Kodi.

I've gone in head first to learn how it works.

I don't have 4K , UHD, 3D, HDR , VP9 or whatever so i plunged into the K1 Pro for the Tuner.

Really good when i got some services working. Picture is better than the Android which has Audio/Video sync issues.

• Not a problem. One thing i must ask, If the correct remote.conf file is replaced to the root of the SD Card whilst using SD Card LE,

I use : \\yourbox\Configfiles\ - for some reason \\yourbox\Configfiles\rc_keymaps\ - folder dont work even through the readme in that folder says to use that folder.

remote.conf in \\yourbox\Configfiles\ - always works for me

• If the correct remote.conf file is replaced to the root of the SD Card whilst using SD Card LE,

Will the correct remote be installed when installtointernal command to install to nand. ?

Yes, as long you copy user data to internal as well - this is proposed and done by the script after installing.

• You do need the device tree yes. If you're updating then you don't need to worry about renaming it, so just leave the file name as is. If you're doing a clean install, then you will need to rename the device tree

Thanks. I have to find the right device tree then (I didn't use one when I made the first, clean install).