[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Ok, I attached pictures of my settings and the display on my receiver. What am I doing wrong?
    Same settings used to pass all the digital audio just fine.

BTW, I am using HDMI to my receiver.

That receiver does not accept some AC3/DTS modes.
    Yesterday, my Sherlock episode lack sound because of it (I have the 775).

• It's an RX-V671 and up to now it has accepted anything I have thrown at it

I've got an RX-V667 and with one box had to toggle sometimes between HDMI inputs on the receiver, and wait a few seconds to get sound. (something with HDMI sync I think). Not the best workaround, but worth a try.

• kszaq Don't know if you saw my post before, but spotify connect web doesn't work with the built in sound drivers for the 905, but will with an external usb headphones, so something isn't right with the ALSA mixer in your build.

Here is when I run the config wizard, and select the USB sound device, I can then pick a mixer, and all works well.

When I try to pick any of the options for the 905 sound via HDMI, I get no mixer selection, and the service doesn't start.

Since it's capable of working with USB sound, it has to be something simple. Any ideas.

• Anyone else having a problem with videos freezing in the last 3 sec of the video. Audio continues to play with frozen video. Its not crashing the box, and not a big deal, just curious if im the only one.
    This didnt happen on any of the 7.0.3.012 builds.
    Tronsmart S95x box.

Edited once, last by Charbs (February 14, 2017 at 10:00 PM).

• That receiver does not accept some AC3/DTS modes.
    Yesterday, my Sherlock episode lack sound because of it (I have the 775).

For DVB audio is used only MP2 or AC3 in 2.0 or 5.1, some providers are testing AAC.
    I am sure you have something wrong set-up.
    An example of wrong setup, probably your case:
    - enabled "Sync playback to display";
    - enabled audio passthrough;
    - disabled AC3 transcoding;
    - receiver connected via SPDIF

For audio AC3 5.1 -> no sound.

Explanation:
    Enabled "Sync playback to display" decode AC3 5.1 to Multichannel PCM. Disabled transcoding to AC3 and enabled passthrough means the output format is Multichannel PCM. SPDIF is capable only stereo PCM -> no sound.

Edited once, last by afl1 (February 14, 2017 at 11:11 PM).

• For DVB audio is used only MP2 or AC3 in 2.0 or 5.1, some providers are testing AAC.

Are you talking about one specific country?

If not then AAC audio is in use, and has been for years, on DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcasts in many European countries, and has long since ceased testing.

All Freeview HD channels (on-air since around 2009) in the UK are using AAC 2.0 or 5.1 - BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, ITV HD, C4 HD, C5 HD etc. on DVB-T2.

In Norway, AAC has been used since the launch of their digital platform. Similarly Ireland and New Zealand use AAC.

In most countries, MP2 audio is used for SD MPEG2 services on DVB-T that launched in the late 90s and early-to-mid 00s, with either MP2, AC3 (Dolby Digital), E-AC3 (Dolby Digital +) or AAC used for SD and HD services that use H264 or H265 video encoding that launched more recently.

Edited once, last by noggin (February 15, 2017 at 1:33 AM).

• Anyone else having a problem with videos freezing in the last 3 sec of the video. Audio continues to play with frozen video. Its not crashing the box, and not a big deal, just curious if im the only one.
    This didnt happen on any of the 7.0.3.012 builds.
    Tronsmart S95x box.

Yes, I see this as well. As you say, not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

• Yes, I see this as well. As you say, not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

Same problem here indeed. Not a real problem for movies and TV shows but it is a problem for short internet videos that I watch through plugins and are sometimes only 10 to 15 seconds long.

• Spotify Connect Bug (Internal Soundcard/Mixer Problem) // S905X

Spotify Connect dont work with internal Sound Hardware. But when a USB Soundcard is connected, everything is working. Seems its the "Digital DAC".

Internal Soundcard (error):

External USB Soundcard (working)

On USB-Soundcard i can pick as mixer "microphone" or "speaker"
    On Internal Soundcard i can just pick "Digitl DAC" and its not working.

Hopefully it get fixed :blush:

kszaq: hopefully its now right ^^ sorry

Edited once, last by dimitrij2k (February 16, 2017 at 1:41 AM).

• Hi kszaq,

Thanks for these builds. They work great on my Nexbox A95x S905x box. Although, I did just notice an issue.

I leave my box on 24/7. Yesterday, I noticed that kodi service (just the service not the box) has been restarting itself every once in a while (while idle, with the screen off). Yesterday, it happened at 5:41pm and again at 11:45pm. Memory usage is very low at around 28% (2GB version).

Here's the crashlog: GBZW
    I do have a couple of docker containers running in the background (they have been uninterrupted through these kodi restarts). Not many other addons otherwise and the box is mostly a fresh build (got it a few days ago). Is there anything in the crashlog that suggests an issue?

In the meantime, I'll keep monitoring and will provide a debug log later.

Thanks

EDIT: Journaltcl gave me this for the time of the last crash:

Edited once, last by aptalca (February 15, 2017 at 3:03 PM).

• I have succesfully installed LibreElec on the TANIX TX5 PRO and its working great!
    Unfortunately I can't figure out how to apply advancedsettings.xml
    It seems like Kodi does not recognize it.
    The script is in Userdata folder wich is visible on my PC via SMB.
    Script has been working with Android so im sure it has no mistakes:

Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong location? Right now it's \\Libreelec\Userdata\

Edited once, last by yatoya (February 15, 2017 at 3:32 PM).

• Same problem here indeed. Not a real problem for movies and TV shows but it is a problem for short internet videos that I watch through plugins and are sometimes only 10 to 15 seconds long.

I can confirm exactly the same problem playing short video's with the 7.95.beta images on my 905.

Edited once, last by happysat (February 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM).

• I have succesfully installed LibreElec on the TANIX TX5 PRO and its working great!
    Unfortunately I can't figure out how to apply advancedsettings.xml
    It seems like Kodi does not recognize it.
    The script is in Userdata folder wich is visible on my PC via SMB.
    Script has been working with Android so im sure it has no mistakes:

Following is my advancedsettings.xml video section, which works fine to delay the audio by 175ms for 23.976/24fps content.

• Following is my advancedsettings.xml video section, which works fine to delay the audio by 175ms for 23.976/24fps content.

It's not working at all in my case. Even the splash screen is still visible.
    What is the location of your advancedsetting.xml?

• It's not working at all in my case. Even the splash screen is still visible.
    What is the location of your advancedsetting.xml?

It's advancedsettings.xml no advancedsetting.xml and goes in \\IPADDRESS\Userdata

Make sure its called just advancedsettings.xml and Windows hasn't given it a hidden extension such as .txt.

Edited once, last by saunderez (February 15, 2017 at 4:52 PM).