Posts by dimitrij2k

Hello LibreElec Users,

i have a LG 55EF9509 and my best friend a LG 55B6 OLED TV and we both use LibreElec (Krypton) with a S905x chip. When we start HDR content, we have to push the "back" Button on the remote and restart the video to see correct HDR with the real colors. Otherwise the colors are not correct in HDR mode and look very washed out. This fix with the "back" button was very disappointing and go on my nervs but now i find a nice workaround :D

=> Switch (under Settings->System) the Refresh rate to 24hz and the HDR bug is gone. The menus will not look as smooth like on 50hz or 60hz, but the HDR bug is fixed. I think the refreshrate switch from 60hz/50hz to 24hz causes problems together with the activation of HDR mode.

If the "microstuttering" menu animations are a big pain in your eyes, then you can disable the animations....

In Terminal you have to edit the file:

~/.kodi/addons/skin.********/addon.xml (***** you used skin)

change effectslowdown="1" to "0"

After a restart, you can enjoy Kodi without HDR bug and with instant click menus without animations :D :D :D

Last week "OSMC" launched the "Vero 4k" player, with their own Kodi OS Version.

The Vero 4k have 2Gb Ram & 16GB Rom with 100 Mbit Ethernet and Wlan ac.
    The chipset is a S905X and the Ports + Design is the same like a X96 Android TV.

I downloaded the image from OSMC and will try to boot it from microSD.

Anyone have some infos about the "Vero 4K" and it possible, we can get LibreElec or OSMC run on our Android Box ^^

UPDATE: DTB.IMG is nearly 1:1 between Vero 4k image and our device tree from LibreElec.... unfortunately im already lying in the bed, to try it out.

UPDATE2: I write the OSMC image on a USB Stick and booted it up in my x96. The OSMC Installer started and give me this Error (cant mount bootfs):

Spotify Connect Bug (Internal Soundcard/Mixer Problem) // S905X

Spotify Connect dont work with internal Sound Hardware. But when a USB Soundcard is connected, everything is working. Seems its the "Digital DAC".

Internal Soundcard (error):

External USB Soundcard (working)

On USB-Soundcard i can pick as mixer "microphone" or "speaker"
    On Internal Soundcard i can just pick "Digitl DAC" and its not working.

Hopefully it get fixed :blush:

kszaq: hopefully its now right ^^ sorry

I had a T95X (S905X) Android Box and flashed LE 7.95 on it and all files (4k/HDR) worked over LAN.
    I tried some 65Mbit videos, the box buffered 3seconds and then the Video started. Even HDR worked without a Problem.

I calculated, that the max. Bandwidth with my Box was 68Mbit... but even higher Bitrate should work, just press on pause and let then buffer some seconds ;)

No Problems... i config no special settings... out of the box it runs flawless. But now im using a USB Hub & USB Drives.

I purchased two Leelbox MXQ Pro, i will try it they later, if i get the same Network speed. Just have to put the USB drives into the NAS...

My NAS (ZyXel NSA325v2) is 15m away from the Android Box and in the middle is the Router (Netgear R7000)

Missing Buttons fix
    [hr]
    Hello my Kodi friends :) I bought a new Amlogic S905X devie, with this remote (because i thought its more usable in Kodi):

But when the box arrived, i was frustrated that the 4 red marked Buttons on the remote not working in LibreElec :cry: When pressed, nothing happens. So i fixed the remote.conf on the root of the SD/USB where i installed LibreElec.
    This fix is only for you, when the red marked buttons not working!

[hr]
    HOW TO:

1. Open remote.conf on the root of your SD/USB with LibreElec.

2. Change the following parts in the file:

old...

new...

3. If you will change the function of the keys, you can now edit it with the Koddi Addon "Keymap Editor" :D

At first, thank you for all your hard work & "open ears" for the community problems kszaq :D and thanks to the hole community for all the help... Im new in that arm based Kodi scene and read the threads with a lot of attention. My first Kodi version (love at first sight) was an alpha version on the xbox with nothing more that one Gui Screen and a list of Videos you can choose - thats it :rolleyes:

But i dont wanna spam this thread...

Problem:
    I have a T95x (2g/8gb) and configured it yesterday (with beta5). Like all the known bugs i have one more bug, that i dont read here:

=> When playing HDR video, the colors are wrong (TV recognize HDR). *dirty workaround* But when i start a video and press back (video still playing) and press a second time on the Video, the video restarts with correct colors (TV recognize HDR again). I ordered a second S905x device to see, if its related to the TV or my TV Box (this time a bought a Leelbox MXQ Pro). I will report!

=> By the way, is there any fix for the 3d bug at the horizon? Im mean the bug, where the left eye got both splitted Frames and the right eye is blind.... luxury-problems, i know ^^

Thank you again for your hard work :D

UPDATE (10.02.17):
    I installed the Android Version again (stock firmware) and the HDR bug is gone. HDR is starting directly with right colors. It seems to me, it is a LE bug.
    Now i will install LE 7.0.3 *cross fingers*
    UPDATE 2:
    LE 7.0.3 & LE 7.9.5 have the HDR Bug, in Android is all fine. My TV is an LG ef9509.... but im still swear loyality to LibreElec & kszaq ^^ my new favorite 5 letters :blush: ;)