[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I'm using MAC and the downloaded file is:

• I'm using MAC and the downloaded file is:

I get exactly the same video information from the video Hans uploaded: AVC [email protected]
    Youtube-dl must have downloaded another version of the video.

Anyway, there is a little judder but it's not annoying, to my eyes at least. The VP9 video is smoother.
    Unfortunately, I don't have time now to test it with Jarvis.

• I get exactly the same video information from the video Hans uploaded: AVC [email protected]
    Youtube-dl must have downloaded another version of the video.

Anyway, there is a little judder but it's not annoying, to my eyes at least. The VP9 video is smoother.
    Unfortunately, I don't have time now to test it with Jarvis.

Thanks for trying :)

edit: I just tried playing back the VP9 version and you're right about the S905 not being able to play that! Very slow and 100% CPU usage.

Edited once, last by Hans Gruber (February 12, 2017 at 1:53 PM).

• That is interesting.
    It makes me wonder why so few people are moaning about this...

To be honest, while I can see the difference clearly in the pattern video, I fail to notice it with my regular media.

My eyes are not the best and my TV with which I can test is quite old, so this might contribute. My projector setup is still on Jarvis; I did not compare there.

• I understand.
    With a bit more distance to a maybe smaller TV I can see how the issue might not be very obvious - especially if there is no direct comparison to Jarvis or another device.
    However watching SD or 720p content I can move far away from my 65" and still see the problem.

At my regular 3m distance to the 65", it is unacceptable to me, no matter which resolution.
    But I am patient and Jarvis works perfectly, so I will just do whatever I can to help resolve the issue. :)

• I just tried playing back the VP9 version and you're right about the S905 not being able to play that! Very slow and 100% CPU usage.

Hardware decoding wise, there are the same but the "X" has H265@10bit and VP9.
    [hr]
    minimoe
    junkpod

Yes, that was my first suspection... after changing settings, reboot, etc., I ended up making a HARD RESET and restored only ".kodi" directory..
    Please keep in mind I have not done the full backup procedure in SSH (a few pages back), only tried to restore the backup made by LibreELEC.

That's strange, a VERY usefull feature like backup been broken in LibreELEC.
    Either way, I'm very satisfied with my 22 Euro T95X box and this LibreELEC - top notch!

Edited once, last by jopereira (February 12, 2017 at 3:25 PM).

• I understand.
    With a bit more distance to a maybe smaller TV I can see how the issue might not be very obvious - especially if there is no direct comparison to Jarvis or another device.
    However watching SD or 720p content I can move far away from my 65" and still see the problem.

At my regular 3m distance to the 65", it is unacceptable to me, no matter which resolution.
    But I am patient and Jarvis works perfectly, so I will just do whatever I can to help resolve the issue. :)

I immediately noticed it, while watching Scarface. The intro has red on black titles, a perfect edge case for poor chroma scaling.
    But it's not nearly as noticeable during regular film frames.

kszaq Am I right in assuming that the fractional framerate adjustment only works when using HW decoder?

• HDMI-CEC isn't working with LE 7.0.3.012h / 7.95.beta6 (clean install, temp_sensor_disabled build). It worked flawlessly with earlier builds.

Box: Beelink M18
    TV: Samsung LE32C550

Edited once, last by Crvsh3R (February 12, 2017 at 4:20 PM).

• HDMI-CEC isn't working with LE 7.0.3.012h / 7.95.beta6 (clean install, temp_sensor_disabled build). It worked flawlessly with earlier builds.

Box: Beelink M18
    TV: Samsung LE32C550

I have no problem with HDMI-CEC with my Beelink M18 (using exactly the same build) and Toshiba TV though. Are you sure you turn on CEC on your TV as well?

• Hi Guys,

I have a chinese MXQ Pro 4k.
    On the SD card the LE is running without problems.
    I can't install to the nand flash

What i have tried after that was to install "LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.zip" by using recovery boot.

Now i am stuck, my device won't boot to LE 7.0.2, the last visible console message: can't acces tty; job control turned off.
    Booting to android recovery gives a lot of error's for al sorts of mount points
    I am still able to boot from SD and run LE from there.

Can anyone help me to get LE running on the MXQ pro 4K? (S905)
    The CPU is a Amlogic S905 A53
    Thanks

dmesg | paste
    cJeA

lsusb -vvv | paste
    YBdT

Edited once, last by ivan (February 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM).

• I have no problem with HDMI-CEC with my Beelink M18 (using exactly the same build) and Toshiba TV though. Are you sure you turn on CEC on your TV as well?

HDMI-CEC is working on android (M18 with Mbox name on the TV), but not with the latest LE builds. Can you send your LE settings for me?

Edited once, last by Crvsh3R (February 12, 2017 at 5:50 PM).

• Hello community

Im running a nextbox A95X and have a video quality question.

I have noticed a very slight quality drop on the same video when comparing playback between my laptop and media player(eliminating the file). The best way to explain the quality issue is a "masking" over semi static scenes. The effect looks like too much "photoshop smoothing" has been applied to peoples faces.

Its very subtle so you dont see it all the time, however disabling hardware acceleration seems to improve it.

Anyone with similar issues?
    Cheers
    Mark