Posts by markrudling

Hello community

Im running a nextbox A95X and have a video quality question.

I have noticed a very slight quality drop on the same video when comparing playback between my laptop and media player(eliminating the file). The best way to explain the quality issue is a "masking" over semi static scenes. The effect looks like too much "photoshop smoothing" has been applied to peoples faces.

Its very subtle so you dont see it all the time, however disabling hardware acceleration seems to improve it.

Anyone with similar issues?
    Cheers
    Mark

Hi

Sorry if this has been posted before, it seem so simple but i cannot get it right.

I have installed audo on a Amlogic build running Jarvis. SABnzdb needs unrar and par2 to decompress files, but the binary cannot be found. I have tried to see how to do this via SSH but it seems i need to use a plugin via Kodi as this is how packages are managed. However i cannot find an unrar addon anywhere?

Please help
    Cheers

Thanks! Those instructions worked perfectly. 4k 24/7 now.

I fear I may have missed a post earlier regarding plugins. Im trying to install audo but get an error relating to missing dependencies. Two questions around this.
    1. What are the known issues around plugins that that I could use to address my issue.
    2. Do you have stable versions with an older version of Kodi where addons all work (dependencies met)?

Testing your new dev build now. Will feedback.

PS. More than willing to run tests and provide feedback where I can.
    Cheers
    Mark

markrudling What is the result is you execute cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap over SSH?

480p60hz*
    720p60hz
    1080p60hz

EDIT: Ok so a bit more experimenting gives me the following results.
    Plug into HDMI3 and reboot box. 4k
    Plug into HDMI1 4k remains. Reboot box and resets back to 720, with 1080 as other option
    Plug into HDMI3 still no 4k option. Reboot box while still in HDMI3 and I get 4k again and refresh rate adjusts per video.

I will do some more research into my tv and if there are differences with the inputs. I know HDMI3 does not have seem to support HDR, perhaps there is something in the auto detect/initialization there? I know HDMI1 supports 4k, but after reboot it defaults, so it must be in the initialization.

Thanks for trying to help, will be very glad if we can resolve this.

Results when 4k enabled on HDMI3

480i60hz
    480p60hz
    576i50hz
    576p50hz
    720p60hz
    1080i60hz
    1080p60hz
    720p50hz
    1080i50hz
    1080p30hz
    1080p50hz
    1080p25hz
    1080p24hz
    2160p30hz
    2160p25hz
    2160p24hz
    smpte24hz
    smpte25hz
    smpte30hz
    smpte50hz
    smpte60hz
    smpte50hz420
    smpte60hz420
    2160p50hz
    2160p60hz
    2160p50hz420
    2160p60hz420

Hi there

First off - Thanks! I have the nextbox A95X running the S905X chip. I was initially very disappointed with it until I discovered this wonderful build. Goodby android!
    Second - Its my first post here so please forgive me if I have not done due diligence, have searched this quite a bit though.

My problem: I have a Samsung 55' UHD tv but I cannot select 4k resolution. I only have 720 and 1080 as options. During boot the resolution is 4k, but as soon as the UI loads it drops to 1080. My setting to adjust resoloution depending on video file is enabled but no change happens when I play sample 4k video.

Im quite happy having the UI in 1080 when not playing, but got the box for 4k so would like to get this working.

PS. I have tired a number of ports and cables. I know 4k is a little more sensitive in that regard but am pretty sure its not a hardware issue because the box is in 4k according to my TV during boot logo.

Cheers
    Mark