Posts by aptalca

It should be fine because the ssd should be mounted before docker starts. Rpi4 has enough power for an external ssd. Not sure about rpi3, but you can use a powered sata adapter worst case.

Keep in mind that rpi4 can also boot from an external ssd, so no need to deal with the sd card at all. A sata adapter with uasp does wonders for overall speed.

root issue = the main issue

Just tested on my machine

Installed the mariadb addon (if it starts with no data in its config folder, it pops open the settings for password entry)

Entered a root password, along with a db name, user name and user password.

Installed nextcloud, didn't change any settings.

Waited for both to be started up and gave it another minute (watched the logs until services were ready for both)

Then I accessed the nextcloud gui on port 443 (https), put in a user and password, selected mysql/mariadb, entered the db and user details and for address, entered "mariadb:3306". Also unchecked the box for installing recommended apps. It connected fine and was set up within a minute or so (may take a few minutes on slower hardware).

When I exec into nextcloud, I can ping "mariadb" successfully:

Code
    # docker exec -it nextcloud ping mariadb
    PING mariadb (172.19.0.2): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 172.19.0.2: seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.119 ms
    64 bytes from 172.19.0.2: seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.094 ms
    64 bytes from 172.19.0.2: seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.121 ms
    ^C
    --- mariadb ping statistics ---
    3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max = 0.094/0.111/0.121 ms

The /etc/resolv.conf in nextcloud contains the following:

Code
    # docker exec -it nextcloud cat /etc/resolv.conf
    search localdomain
    nameserver 127.0.0.11
    options ndots:0

So really, out of the box, it should just work.

Hi guys, you're been very nice in reply, but I'm a step back of it. I've already searched the forum , found your tutorial elonesna and looked too the LinuxServer.io general docker info.

But now I'm running in circles. The basic question here is: How I access those add-ons direct in gui of kodi in my non smart tv? There is any away to put icons like others add-on to start from ? I need other add-on to run "docker ps" command?

Thks

The linuxserver addons are services, they are always running. You don't need to start/stop them. Therefore there is no gui control

My guess is, it's due to curl when trying to connect to the domain, trying to go out the wan and try to come back in through the router and into the letsencrypt container.

Assuming the cron tasks are running inside the nextcloud container, see if you can curl "https://localhost/remote.php/dav/calendars/<username>/personal?export" instead, so it tries to connect directly

Yes, you need a matching docker image for your arch. Some images (most of linuxserver.io ones) are multi-arch, meaning, when you pull an image, it automatically retrieves the correct version for your arch. But most of the random images you find on docker hub are x86_64 only.

I honestly don't recommend running dhcp in a docker container, let alone on libreelec. Your dhcp should really be on a dedicated device like a router or pfsense.

I use adguardhome as just a dns server for ad blocking, which is what it does best.

With regards to the 172.x.x.x address, your correct that is an internal docker network ip. But, all the ports that you define in the addon settings should be mapped at the libreelec ip, so you need to use the libreelec lan ip and the ports you mapped to access adguardhome.

For instance if you map port 53 for dns, on another device, you'd use "libreelec-lan-ip:53" as the adguardhome dns address

You're following a really old article and making manual modifications to the docker service and of course it is breaking.

Skip modifying the docker service. It works fine out of the box.

Just install the docker addon and do "docker run hello-world" and you'll see.

You did not say what method (nfs, smb, etc.) and you did not say how they are mounted (systemd?)

If systemd, set its service to start before the docker service

Also fyi, linuxserver does not recommend or support config files to reside on remote shares. Media folders however can be on remote shares.