Posts by aptalca

1. I am using LE Generic on Intel, it looks like the broken form for updater config is due to some theme incompatibility ?
    2. I have upgraded successfully from 14 to 15 to16 to 17, needed some retries and nextcloud "occ" commands to correct some indices.
    3. I would still like to understand, how can I update from nextcloud V14 to V17 while the docker image is always pulled from Linuxserver.IO. Is that still on V14 ?? and what happens to my updates when a new image is pulled ??

Nevertheless, many thanks for your work and support, it is really appreciated !!

/BJ

For nextcloud, all application files are stored in the bind mounted folder "/config". That's why updating the docker image doesn't update your nextcloud install and that's why the update won't be reverted.

Essentially, our images come with a set of nextcloud app files but they are only installed if it's a brand new install. If not, the existing install is untouched.

We had to do it that way because nextcloud often has to perform various tasks in between updates and we have no control over those. This way we let the web (or occ) updater perform those tasks including various database updates and modifications.

I would also recommend deleting the file at /config/nginx/site-confs/default and restarting because it doesn't automatically update (user customizable file) and there were some necessary changes for the latest version. Otherwise you'll get some warnings about headers in the admin settings

The image label you're seeing in portainer suggests you are using the latest image.

The settings screen looks strange. What hardware platform are you on? I'll do some testing here.

In the meantime, you should be able to check for old images via portainer or cli.

I did not realised I could SSH. I have tried and it seems it does not even load the docker:

Any further hint would be appreciated. Thank you!

PS: Kernel version is 3.14.79 if this helps.

Don't try to manually start dockerd service. Reboot your device and do "docker ps -a". Post the result here.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I read that page yesterday before asking here, but unfortunately I did not get any hint to solve my problem. It is not clear to me whether the docker image is running (from that link it seems it is just running while it is enabled). And if it is like that, then I still don't know how to access to the GUI with the browser.

From that page:

If it's armv7, then the linuxserver one should work. But keep in mind that it first needs to install the docker service addon, which may take a little while.

i am having the same problem. cannot connect to the repo. tnds82 has last been online october 2019 so...

can somebody push me in the right direction what's currently the optimal way to set up a Plex Server on a LibreElec Rpi4? Any help would be much appreciated

You can give the docker addon a try. You can install it from the linuxserver.io repo

If you're a plexpass user and want to get the beta releases, set the version parameter in addon settings to "latest" without the quotes. Now every time the addon is restarted (device reboot or addon disable/reenable), it should update on container start.

If you're not a plexpass user, and your version variable is set to public (default), device reboots or addon restarts should update it to the latest public release on container start.

In plex gui settings, set the server update channel correctly (under server settings / General). If you set it to beta but you're not a plexpass user, you'll keep getting the notification in the gui but you won't be able to update as beta releases require plexpass.

You have the kvm console acting as the main display adapter, but libreelec lacks the gpu drivers for that. You need to pass the nvidia card as the main and only display adapter.

I did this on unraid (which has a nice gui for managing kvm) so I can't help you with the exact steps but the kvm display is certainly the issue here.