feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• Reporting Black Screen when leaving box powered on and turning TV off.

When i turn TV Back on after a long time l have a Black Screen and no response from remote commands.

Does not happen if i turn off TV and then turn TV back on in a short time.

Leave box on overnight with TV off and it definitely will happen.

I disabled CEC in case that was the issue but it is not.

http://ix.io/1cvs

Code
    Rock64LE:~ # fw_printenv hdmimode
    -sh: fw_printenv: not found
    Rock64LE:~ # dmesg | paste
    http://ix.io/1cVS

Bug using Corsair 64gb USB Flash Drive (NTFS) inserted into USB3 Port Rock64.

Movie files Freeze 1 to 2 Minutes into Playback.

Insert USB Flash Drive (usb3 spec) into USB2 Port and Playback is Fine.

# dmesg | paste

http://ix.io/1gms

Edited 3 times, last by kostaman: Added USB3 Bug (July 12, 2018 at 3:36 AM).

• Tv set is switching to [email protected] if the signal is in general should be interlaced at 50hz 1080 signal.

All Live TV Channels SD/HD Via TVHeadend Client are played back at 25 FPS. I do not get a Refresh Rate Switch from 50Hz. but playback is 25 FPS according to Player process info. Fast motion sport is very ordinary. Previously supplied logs.:)

Edit : This is the same 25 FPS 1920 x 1080p and 720 x 576p using Android TV Kodi 17.6. TV Headend Client

Edited 2 times, last by kostaman: Added Android TV Kodi playback (July 18, 2018 at 10:19 AM).

• All Live TV Channels SD/HD Via TVHeadend Client are played back at 25 FPS. I do not get a Refresh Rate Switch from 50Hz. but playback is 25 FPS according to Player process info. Fast motion sport is very ordinary. Previously supplied logs.:)

same here...by the way. all interlaced channels are switched to 25fps my Samsung TV also presents 1080I@25hz...

• Hi,

I have a RK3328 box, model MX10 with 4GB RAM and 32GB flash. It's running the latest Android Oreo 8.1.

I've tried installing a few of the images from this thread to a 32GB micro SD, and each time I get pages of rolling numbers and text.

I have used the Etcher program to format the SD card.

I also tried a nightly from LibreELEC (here:- Index of /), but get the same thing.

Any ideas or is it just too early in the development cycle?

TIA

• I've tried installing a few of the images from this thread to a 32GB micro SD, and each time I get pages of rolling numbers and text.

I get exactly this every time i burn the image for the first time, try unpluging the device and turning it on one or two more times after that, my undeducated guess is that librelec repartition itself on the first boot to better use the sd card BUT on some devices it dont restart itself correctly or detect the changes correctly after that and it cant boot anymore...anyway...try booting the device again, not reboot, full boot from power on...

• Managed to get a LibreELEC version installed from Kwiboo's github:-

Releases · Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub - the latest alpha5 release from 4 Oct 2017.

Still get scrolling text at the beginning, but it only lasts a few seconds. No Wifi, but playback looks fairly good based on my initial testing.

Methinks, in the future, there's a good chance of a fully functioning version for RK3328. Here's hoping.

• testing with VS-rk3399 development board LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.0-nightly-20180717-873d2c9-rock960.img

Almost everything works fine except when stopping or exiting any kind of video content screen becomes black and loosing hdmi connectivity ... need the full reset / reboot to get back image on the screen.

I'm gonna try to provide later some logs and necessary debugging stuff.

P.S (off topic) Greetings chewitt , vpeter and CvH (Ovi from TBS here :) )

• To fix mpp not scaling perhaps:

Set: Settings - Player - Videos - Display 4:3 as 'Stretch 16:9 - Nonlinear'

Then 4:3 aspect ratio mpeg2 videos and others will play fullscreen on a 16:9 display.

• All Live TV Channels SD/HD Via TVHeadend Client are played back at 25 FPS. I do not get a Refresh Rate Switch from 50Hz. but playback is 25 FPS according to Player process info.

Kwiboo I just noticed something important about behaviour in my quoted previous post.

When i first boot up my rock64 and play a live tv channel i get a 50 fps for about 3 seconds and then a refresh change on my tv still 50hz but 25 fps playback. If i stop playback and start again i get no refresh rate switch or any change in 25 fps . Always 25 fps until i reboot and that one only switch from 50 fps to 25 fps occurs.

Note : When i playback recorded TV i get 50 fps at 50 HZ for about 3 seconds and a refresh rate switch on TV to 25 fps still 50 hz every time.

I used codec info before the switch happens to identify this behaviour.

My GUI is set to 1920 x 1080p 50hz.

• I am having a minor issue with my Rock64, and I was hoping that someone could make a suggestion or confirm that they are seeing the same behavior.

I have my screensaver set to turn off the display after 5min. This is nice as it prevents power waste and screen burn if I am distracted and leave the room.

When the system is not playing media it seems to work as expected and turns off the TV.

If I pause a video playing the system will sometimes turn off the TV, and sometimes blank the video and just display the time counter.

It seems to be about 1/3 TV off vs 2/3 blanking the video during pause at a rough guess.. I have not looked for a frequency or other types of patterns yet.

This is a clean install using the last test build and update file.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or see similar behavior. I can capture some pictures of the blanked screen with the video time if that helps. Just let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

Otherwise the system is working well, and I can't report any other issues which have not been reported previously.

Thanks for making this. :)

• Hi, same behaviour. Sometimes I pause or stop video and then "no input" on TV or blank screen with video time with no response with remote controller nor mouse/keyboard. When this happens it is in 90% available with ssh and I can reboot it with command.

Edited once, last by johnyor: Update : it is something with changing resolution when switching back to gui after stopping the video. Because I've just figured out, that I am able to get picture back when I change the resolution of gui via web interface. Maybe someone will have an idea how to fix it. (August 10, 2018 at 7:01 PM).

• I am getting the same with model MX9 pro, rk3328 4gb ram after testing all rk3328 test released

• I am getting the same with model MX9 pro, rk3328 4gb ram after testing all rk3328 test released

RK3328 devices supporting LibreELEC so far are:

Rock64, Rockbox, MVR9 & ROC CC.

This is also still WIP.

You have to do research before buying a device to see what is popular and have support.

Getting cheap non supported devices will always have problems later, no matter if it's LibreELEC support or Android bugs that no one will fix since there are no documentation or source code.

• RK3328 devices supporting LibreELEC so far are:

Rock64, Rockbox, MVR9 & ROC CC.

This is also still WIP.

You have to do research before buying a device to see what is popular and have support.

Getting cheap non supported devices will always have problems later, no matter if it's LibreELEC support or Android bugs that no one will fix since there are no documentation or source code.

Don't think its so cheap...., I will try to sell it to get one of the supported. Thank you for let me know.