Posts by mo123

Do you have the Linux dts file, the Android dts or dtb file won't work.

And is it for kernel 5.17?

Otherwise it won't work.

You need to add the kernel patch and check u-boot to build an image.

Anyone working on a newer u-boot for Rockchip devices?

I see LibreELEC still uses u-boot from 12 Sep 2018, stock Rockchip u-boot which is very ancient.

A year ago I tested u-boot 2021.04 and everything worked fine on RK3399 ROC-PC-PLUS, RK3328 ROC-PC, RockPi 4.

With current 2018 u-boot, RK3328 ROC-PC which is already in mainline kernel and merged into LibreELEC kernel package, can't boot since it needs 'rock64-rk3328_defconfig' and 2018 u-boot only has evb-rk3328_defconfig which is unbootable on it.

Armbian already uses 2021.07 u-boot and all supported Rockchip devices seem to work fine with it.

Perhaps it's packages and patches can be used by LE?

It's sad to see only Amlogic, Allwinner, Samsung, NXP devices' u-boot being updated.

A newer u-boot will probably also be needed when RK356x devices get initial LE support later.

balbes150

How do I build for Station-M1? Is it:

PROJECT=Rockchip DEVICE=RK3328 ARCH=arm UBOOT_SYSTEM=roc-pc make image

That looks right but you must use u-boot 202104 or newer and then rock64 config for the u-boot helper.

I don't know if LE added build instructions for M1(ROC-PC-RK3328) yet but the kernel dts file was added recently.

This image is for M1

LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-11.0-devel-20211008092834-8bd19d9-rk3328-roc-pc.img.gz

You can also try images I made some time ago.

I don't know if they changed things for Widevine, Netflix, so not sure if that will still work in my images.

Here is the code I changed to build it.

(Doesn't include RAM scaling patches below)

build/board-rk3328-roc-pc-dts-enable-dmc.patch at 744ea89a589d62cb6f409baab60fc6664520bc39 · armbian/build
    Armbian Linux build tools. Contribute to armbian/build development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

build/rk3328-add-dmc-driver.patch at 65fc2b84079857baafe863bbb0f61051cb551c07 · armbian/build
    Armbian Linux build tools. Contribute to armbian/build development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

build/add-board-nanopi-r2s.patch at 65fc2b84079857baafe863bbb0f61051cb551c07 · armbian/build
    github.com

GitHub - mo123/LibreELEC.tv at rk3328-roc-pc
    Just enough OS for KODI. Contribute to mo123/LibreELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

There is a bug, missing driver in the mainline images that make videos stutter on RK3328 if running LE from a micro-sd card while emmc is not erased(still has Android on).

I fixed it in my images by using Armbian RAM scaling speed patches for RK3328 above.

Hopefully new drivers for the RAM speed will be made for the mainline kernel and make it's way into LE in future.

Hello :)

I'm going to buy Rock Pi4 Plus (4GB RAM / 32GB eMMC). Are there any major problems with libreELEC on this device? I care most about 4K HDR playback along with HD Audio passthrough to my AVR (Dolby Atmos, DTS HD, DTS X).

That only works in Android Kodi.

LE has no support for HD Audio passthrough for Rockchip and no one is working on it. which is sad.

Some new images I build, users can test

Changes

(These are just tweaks and patches)

- New color theme
    - Improved UI speed
    - Added whitelist settings automatically
    - Add RetroArch game emulators(Works on Station P1 RK3399, RK3328 devices seem to be slow)
    Play games like gba, n64, nds, nes, snes, PS1 etc.
    Use an Xbox or other USB, bluetooth gamepad
    Remember to set hotkey for the main menu in input so you can go back to RetroArch if exiting a game.
    - Based on LibreELEC Github code.

For Station M1/ RK3328 ROC-CC
    - Fixed green stripes and slow bootup
    - Fix video stuttering
    Problem was caused by no driver to scale the RAM speed from 300mhz to 800/900mhz in the mainline Linux kernel if emmc is not empty.

Station M1 RK3328

https://mega.nz/file/grI2lZCD#…zuRZMXNpwa9rxZUssT-uPCEgg

(Device was submitted to the mainline kernel, waiting for review)

RK3328 ROC-CC

https://mega.nz/file/hjhjmISb#…u1BGh_gsatXVC22TiOAypa22k

Station P1 RK3399

https://mega.nz/file/l6YwhByS#…w6IcTOTUsv-DnnMCsxBtvwkL4

(Device was submitted to the mainline kernel, waiting for review)

Unfortunately I can't build an image for the Rock64 RK3328 as there are no dram timings file for it for the 5.10.47 kernel.

If Pine64 or someone can help, I can build an image to fix the green lines on startup, slow bootup and video stuttering too.

Hi knaerzche

Are there any workaround perhaps yet so the dram frequency can load at 786mhz without erasing the emmc for RK3328 devices?

Is there perhaps something I can modify in the u-boot source code used by Android on emmc to trick loading Linux OS's from a micro-sd to run the dram frequency higher and not at 300mhz?

It seems the dmc driver RK3399 devices use is very complicated and something for RK3328 is still far off.

That Netflix workaround was removed in latest LE since it was unstable and caused crashes.

There is no way to play Netflix smoothly now, have to wait for a LE update.

Strange thing is with latest nightly LE, I can use other addons with the latest Widevine and they play fine except Netflix that says ' This content is not available for immediate playback'.

Hello, I ran into a problem with running the system on rk3399-roc-pc. When using the official LE version to run on rk3399-roc-pc, there was a problem, but the unofficial LE version can run on rk3399-roc-pc. What is wrong with this? Where can I download the source code of the unofficial LE version?

Maybe this fixes it

RK fixes by knaerzche · Pull Request #5370 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

You have to use the latest nightly image to test that will be released in a day.

Index of /

HansRJ

You need Android 9/10 for working HDR playback and auto frame-rate support(which only a few RK3328 devices support)

Here is the vendor kernel HDMI Bitstream passthrough commit

drm: bridge/dw-hdmi: add support for hdmi bitstream audio · rockchip-linux/[email protected] · GitHub

Android 7(3.10 kernel), Android 9(4.4 kernel) & Android 10(4.19) kernel has fully working HBR Passthrough in Android Kodi 19.

But it would probably not help for mainline kernel.

jernej

Is there any documentation or kernel sources that would be useful to you to understand how Rockchip devices work?

There are some open-source devices like Rock64 & ROC-RK3328-PC with documentation and source-code available.

Maybe hh @ rock-chips.com can help?(RK audio engineer, not sure if he still works there)

It's already on 1.0.1 maybe that's the problem -> GitHub - CastagnaIT/repository.castagnait: CastagnaIT Kodi addons repository

Or just install 1.14.1 directly -> Releases · CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix · GitHub

Kodi 19, mainline LE have to use the v1.0.0 addon and the v1.0.1 addon is only for older Kodi 18 based images.

Android plays Netflix correctly so I don't know if it's perhaps a problem with software decoding on the mainline images or Netflix blocking LE user agent strings etc. I will try with some older Kodi 18 based LE images too and see if it works there.

RK3328a is too slow to play Netflix even in HD.

Netflix DRM on Linux(LibreELEC) can only be software decoded with the CPU.

RK3399 with a big heatsink can support up to 1080p.

RK3328 can only support 720p and it has a much better CPU than RK3228a.

But what does it mean for future ?
    1. no patch for LE is possible
    2. it is a matter of patching "rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb"
    3. it is not hardware possible

Please comment - this functionality is really awaited for as it changes sound experience vastly nowadays.

It is hardware possible.

A LibreELEC developer just has to add a working patch for Rockchip devices, test it and build a new image.

Eg. for Allwinner devices these patches add audio passthrough - Allwinner: WIP audio passthrough · jernejsk/[email protected] · GitHub

So something similar with a few changes could work on Rockchip devices too.

But they first want to improve video playback I heard so audio passthough will likely take the back seat for another couple of months unless independent developers can do tests and create a patch.

Hi, has anyone also problem with Direct Passthrough of DTS, DTS-HD and TrueHD on RockPi 4 ver A in Kodi ??
    I get only loud white noise or something...the same I get on Android TV images. I was able to transmit DTS-HD on Odroid C2 but now looking for How to exclude that it's even possible to get DTS-HD working on RockPi ??

Has anyone experience DTS-HD playback issues ????

What might the limitations might be for DTS-HD to work in Rock Pi 4 while it works on AMLogics ????

LibreELEC with 4.19 kernel possible?

DTS-HD is working in my AndroidTV images for RockPi 4.

Try setting keep device alive to off and send low audio noise to off.