Posts by mo123

Didn't know, that there are people who are interessted in this device besides me ;)

I did this GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI some days ago ... If you know how to build LE, this is your thing.

Other than current LE buildsystem it uses (almost) latest Rockchip 4.4 kernel and (almost) latest mpp. Currently there are 4 supported TV boxes: a95rx1, hk1mini, d88 (hdmi-stick), v884k and v88mars. If your device isn't listed v88mars build should work on all devices ... LE is working great besides one very anyoing bug: Exactly 10 minutes after startup the screen starts flickering - you'll have to login via ssh a restart kodi - after that its running for days or weeks without interruption. It working soooooo much better and faster than android on these boxes ... comparable to Allwinner H3. Don't expect to much according to HEVC-4k-10bit streams ... its working but almost always the sound isn't in sync. 8bit works great ... and: no HDR at all

See https://github.com/knaerzche/libreelec.tv/tree/master/projects/rockchip/devices/rk322x for build instrucations

Very interesting, must have been a lot of work.

I will try to built it.

I have a AP6255 wifi device so will try to see if an existing dtb works and try to modify it.

Hope you can fix the flickering, maybe updating to the latest kernel, libmali, drm fixes it?

Maybe there are also changes from joern-p that improves things on rk322x?

Joern-P (Jörn Petersen) / Repositories · GitHub

RK322x hardware unfortunately doesn't support HDR or fractional frequencies, otherwise it could have been the cheapest devices to run LibreELEC on with most features available.

The Tinkerboard doesn't support fractional frequencies since it uses a soc that was released in 2014 that doesn't have the hardware support for it.

You will only get 24, 25, 30, 50, 60hz playback support.

You can try to use an advancedsettings xml file to force 23.976hz to 24hz or enable sync to display in Kodi/LibreELEC's settings.

To use fractional frequencies, you need a RK3328 or RK3399 device.

Hi

Testing on RockPi 4 RK3399

Working

- Mpeg2, H264

Not working

- Wifi, bluetooth (Is working on Manjaro Linux with 5.3 kernel)

- 10 Bit Color H264/H265

- Fractional frequencies 23.976, 29.97, 59.94hz not available

- HDR

- SD Xvid/Divx videos have corrupted blocks during playback

What is the new Boot Android from emmc options?

I already posted several LibreELEC builds for MVR9, Rock64, ROC CC with 720p Netflix software decoding support.

But seems no one even uses it. Search for it in the forums.

Devices like the RockPi 4 RK3399 can even decode 1080p Netflix in LibreELEC with my image.

Hi

I fixed the audio jack problem.

You will have to wait until I build a new image in a day or 2, then you can test if it works.

Everyone getting crackling audio

Please post LibreELEC debug logs if you can, then it can help Rockchip to look into the issue faster and determine the cause.

What happens if using interactive governor?

I have problem with playing video with resolution 960x540 qHD with hevc, playing only sound. Other videos no problem.

I have installed release LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1.501-rock64.img.gz

What could I set?

Can you post some sample videos?

It would be interesting to test it on different Rockchip devices.

Does not work on mainline linux

It's for Amlogic devices running Android Kodi or CoreELEC so won't work on Rockchip devices.

I already tested it on an Amlogic device and it worked, shows a lot of useful video and display info.

But I hope someone will be able to modify the addon to get Rockchip video parameters so it can be displayed when you press 'o', would be very interesting.

I see some new patches for H.264 decoding : LKML: Ezequiel Garcia: [PATCH v5 00/11] media: hantro: Add support for H264 decoding

Is it good for us if this land mainline ?

Yes, since Linux OS's like LibreELEC, Armbian, Manjaro etc. will then also have out of the box video playback capabilities if using the latest mainline kernel without any tweaking, special drivers or old kernels that need to be used.

Only H265, VP9 I think must still be added since mpeg2, mpeg4, H264, VP8, HDR, HDMI CEC I think are already far developed for the mainline kernel.

The open-source Mal GPU Panfrost, Bitfrost drivers landing in the mainline kernel will also help a lot for the graphics acceleration to have a complete Linux experience.

thanks mo123 , another question, i have a rock64, but i'm inclined to buy a rock64pro just to get the pci express dual sata card to connect 2 Hard disks.

the question is does libreelec have drivers to support this card? so i can build a libreelec with 2 hard disks connected to the system?

Best regards.

You might need to add the drivers or make dts changes to the LE kernel and build your own image to support that or ask Pine64 if it works.

How do you want to use an Android flash tool to write LibreELEC to EMMC?

You write LibreELEC with etcher to a micro-sd card.

I'm not aware of any compatible LibreELEC image for VS-RK3399.