feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• Hello,

just want to share my feedback for the test build for trn9 box.

did an short test with image from 04/04

delay after refresh rate set to 6.5s, otherwise audio noises

no more crashes when pushing stop button on RC or OS Menue

hdmi passthrough and ac3 transcoding enabled works fine so far

fix needed:

blinking LED

power on box after shutting down LE works only with re connecting the power again to the box

looking forward for the IR support to be able to power on the box.

Thx a lot to the creator of this image.

Cheers,

Tom

• check out test.libreelec.tv

would be nice to know who is creating the builds and how to get IR support and blinking LED.

what is the difference between builds with devel and without?

• fix needed:

blinking LED

To change the blinking LED behavior you can use a Autostart.sh [LibreELEC.wiki] script to change led triggers using something like

Code
    echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger

The default is set to hearbeat in order to quickly be able to tell if the kernel have crashed or not.

There has been some issues with restarts in the current kernel version used on Rockchip, hopefully a kernel/u-boot bump will fix such issues.

• thx Kwiboo, will try.

whats about "power on box after shutting down LE works only with re connecting the power again to the box"

any idea/ solution?

• whats about "power on box after shutting down LE works only with re connecting the power again to the box"

any idea/ solution?

No solution for current builds, I will test latest kernel from Rockchip on different devices this weekend, lets hope it fixes crash on restart issues observed on some of the devices.

Since box-trn9 is for an Android box and not a Single-Board Computer it will not get same attention or testing time as Rock64 and ROC-RK3328-CC gets.

• okay, sounds good. the way how to power it on is very annoying.

the reboot issue when i push stop button is gone and no other reboot issue recognized so far.

i have a Zidoo X7 and the TRN9 and both have playback issue with 23,976 fps, judder every 15 minutes. also tried ayufan and A1 image...

With LE no judder so i guess Android 7 is causing playback issue and thats why i am focusing on LE, otherwise both boxes are useless

Edited once, last by muya (April 14, 2018 at 9:12 AM).

• what is the difference between the builds? just dtb or also kernel image?

devel, nightly ?

my problems so far:

-23,976 fps audio interrupts every 5 Minutes, tested on local MKVs with AC3 and DTS, no matter if HDMI passthrough is on/off, even when Soundbar connected to box direct.

-power on box

-resume not workin properly, playback doesnt start mostly, but i dont need it really

-chapter not working properly, doesnt start playback mostly, but i dont beed it really

Edited once, last by muya (April 30, 2018 at 9:40 AM).

• Device testing has not yet completed as the Rockchip 4.4 kernel has been update several times in past week or two, I am in no hurry so might take a week or two before the rockchip kernel and package update PR gets merged.

I do not believe there has been any major Rockchip specific changes between those builds it should mainly be Kodi that has changed.

For audio I recommend that you only use L-PCM and completely disable passthrough (AC3/DTS), passthrough only works by coincident, I will run longer 23,976 fps video tests and keep an look out for audio issues during my next testing session.

Resume and chapter issues (if the issues are new in latest build) is most likely due to changes in Kodi and might have already been fixed in upstream Kodi.

When it comes to power on, this is not very hight prio for me personally as I have my devices powered on most of the time, I would recommend not turning of the box for the time being ;)

I do want to look into some addon/service/system that can reduce cpu/gpu speed and power consumption when Kodi is idle/screensaver active, but unclear when this will happen.

• Kwiboo i test the nightlies with good and bad results between versions. (Rock64)

The one issue which persists in all versions is with TVHeadend Client.

My GUI is set to 1080p 50hz for AU Live TV.

Live TV Opens but when i stop the stream there appears to be an Adjust refresh rate attempt followed by Black screen and no response using remote.

If i change GUI to 1080p 60hz stream opens and when i stop there is a refresh rate change back to 50hz no issue.

Anyway just letting you know. A bit frustrating not knowing what all these nightlies are up to. ;)

Great Picture on my movie library files. Best picture i've ever had from any box i've ever had.

• The one issue which persists in all versions is with TVHeadend Client.

My GUI is set to 1080p 50hz for AU Live TV.

Live TV Opens but when i stop the stream there appears to be an Adjust refresh rate attempt followed by Black screen and no response using remote.

If i change GUI to 1080p 60hz stream opens and when i stop there is a refresh rate change back to 50hz no issue.

Thanks for reporting, this issue should only happen when video fps and gui refresh rate is the same and just like you have discovered using a different refresh rate for gui and your video content is the best workaround until a proper fix has been submitted to Kodi.

I have an old work-in-progress patch that should fix this issue at kodi-wip.patch but it needs to be reworked before it can be sent to Kodi.

• Hi Kwiboo,

thx a lot for your feedback !

I disabled passthrough and the audio dropouts are still there. keept default settings.

Any special settings needed? when i change channes, i have no sound.

i need passthrough / ac3 transcoding as my Playbar doesnt support DTS...

dont need the box every day just on demand, so power on option is mandatory for me :D

regarding chapter and general playback, on Android no issues. due my troubles i have ordered now Minx U9 due since 6 month my both RK3328 boxes are quite useless for me. 23,976 seems to be difficult for rockchip?

Edited 2 times, last by muya (May 2, 2018 at 4:57 PM).

• RK3328 have a dedicated hdmi phy clock and should have very good sync, even at 23,976fps and other fractal refresh rates.

Interesting regarding audio dropouts, I mainly test shorter sample videos, will test proper 23,976fps content and see if I can reproduce and fix the issue.

• the audio dropouts are every 5 minutes and only for 23,976fps (AC3 and DTS).

would be interesting if you could reproduce it

you can test with my sample i created, if needed

maybe a hint for you, on android no audio dropouts but every 15 minutes a short judder, tried RKMC, KODI, Media Center and different Android Images....

Code
    https://mega.nz/#!rrwlnQRR!bvLYLvVdPoBT4IY2E6HHDtans-O8qIZjJYOBGKQ7afU

Edited once, last by muya (May 2, 2018 at 5:48 PM).

• Kwiboo,

got my U9 and flashed Image from wrxtas and so far everything works, quite impressed and a little bit disappointed compared to RK3328.

will check also android playback and standard LE in the next days.

lets see how long it will take RK3328 will work....