feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• RK kernel & mpp updated yesterday, maybe some changes that can improve things?

The latest kernel and mpp seems to improve starting of video playback, I am seeing less stuck busy indicators in Kodi.

There is a new patch for mpp for mpeg2 deinterlacing for Linux, maybe it can help?

I will update mpp in next build to include this, I still think there may be an issue with AR for mpeg2 video because rkmppdec in ffmpeg do not set any SAR/DAR value.

Having similar audio problems where audio is not always enabled when starting a video, investigating this before I push a new test build.

• The latest kernel and mpp seems to improve starting of video playback, I am seeing less stuck busy indicators in Kodi.

I will update mpp in next build to include this, I still think there may be an issue with AR for mpeg2 video because rkmppdec in ffmpeg do not set any SAR/DAR value.

Having similar audio problems where audio is not always enabled when starting a video, investigating this before I push a new test build.

I tried a build made myself with the new rkmpp and disabled the rkvpu mpeg2, so it only used ff-mpeg2-rkmpp(HW) but it still showed interlaced.

I see in CoreELEC they added a patch for interlaced playback but maybe it's only for Amlogic?

kodi/VideoPlayer: frame rate fix for interlaced · CoreELEC/CoreELEC@749addd · GitHub

Thanks

• Has anyone managed to get Hyperion working on this box? - it is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on getting one to hopefully replace my Odroid C2

Cheers,

Z.

• Maybe that is why interlaced videos can't play deinterlaced?

It is possible the updated VPU driver used is not fully compatible with the post-processor.

I have just pushed a new test build at Index of /test/ with latest kernel and mpp library.

Changes:

- Latest Rockchip 4.4 + lsk 4.4.139 kernel

- Latest Kodi master + drmprime-wip-v2 patches

- Latest rkmpp, kernel VPU driver reverted to regular vcodec

- HDMI + HDR properties should now update when switching video/stream while video is playing

- Improved HDMI audio and video reconfiguration when resolution or output properties changes

Recommended settings if you are having problems:

- Resolution: 1080p 50/60hz

- GUI Limit: 1080p / 720p (>30hz)

- Audio device: HDMI

- Audio passtrough: Off

Please let me know if this improves lost audio and/or lost signal/black screen after a resolution change

• Please let me know if this improves lost audio and/or lost signal/black screen after a resolution change

Yesss, it works! Thank you so much for your efforts on this device! My use cases are limited, but for the time being I'll try using this instead of my RPi3/Milhouse. Btw, my stone age TV can't do 1080p, but 1080i doesn't show up in the whitelist either. I can select and use that resolution, though.

• my stone age TV can't do 1080p, but 1080i doesn't show up in the whitelist either. I can select and use that resolution, though.

I have only tested progressive modes and content until now, I will try to do some tests using interlaced modes and also interlaced content to see what can be done to improve interlaced support.

• 4k HDR is getting better.

No need for me to manually set resolution and frame rate. Change on start / stop is working here.

Videos that do play tend to play smoothly. Out of 5 or 6 I tried, 2 would not work. Still freezing / glitching. Could be the encode but they do play fine on my Roku Stick + and the Plex app via TCLs Roku variant.

When I go to play a video it will not work to “resume”. All videos (4k hdr) must be played from the beginning.

All settings at default (green lines still there, disappear after video start stop)

Device = Rock64

• Generally speaking the last update is a big step in the right direction. It resolved an issue where several videos with AAC 2.1+ audio had a failure to play. I am generally seeing where the video will freeze after skipping ahead about 1/3 of the time. Moving the position slightly forward will unfreeze it, so it is a minor issue. On a rock64 BTW.

Loving the HDR. :)

• paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

http://ix.io/1gxy

dmesg | paste

http://ix.io/1gxz

Quick test with latest Test Build.

Only issue so far is SD 720 X 576 Mpeg2 Live TV opens 4:3 on screen not 16:9

Audio severely behind Video.

I then Whitelisted 720 x 576p 50Hz and refresh rate changed with picture 16:9 but callibration to screen was out and not a resolution i would use as it is a regression. Sound again lagged behind.

Note: I tried ALSA HDMI, SHP, SHARP HDMI on HDMI as well as well as Default (HDMI Analog)

but Audio lagging behind Video still present with SD Mpeg2 Playback.

All HD Channels are fine.

• If you have the debug overlay visible please disable debugging in settings and add debugging to /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf after console=tty0 (console=tty0 debugging), this will enable debug logging and not cause unnecessary GPU usage (showing debug osd) that could otherwise interfere with video playback

I've still got this this boot config file i changed #156

Not sure if this is a good thing to have permanently enabled ?

Haven't seen a reply to below quote ?

Kodi debug without the GUI overlay and without needing to fiddle with boot config which enables debug for the entire OS.

• Hi there,

updated to 0807 via tar file (update directory of libreelec). Update went fine.

Testing via live-tv (Tvheadend client-addon, signal is coming from tvheadend server 4.2).. TV set is SAMSUNG E Type 55 inch.

- non interlaced 720p signals (like german TV "ARD" or "ZDF")
    is runnig very sharp...there is no interlacing necessary and it will be displayed as 720p with real GREAT quality !! no glitch, colours are (from my perspective) also great ! TV set is also automatic switching to the right resolution of the stream !

- interlaced material (like SOCCER on channels similar to "Sky germany", in general it is 1080I which means 1920*1080 50hz, are NOT interlaced. It is also not possible to ACTIVATE a interlace mode from GUI (viedeo settings while playing the video/livetv-stream are greyed out and shows "inactive").. Tv set is switching to [email protected] if the signal is in general should be interlaced at 50hz 1080 signal.

Only question: How to "activate" interlacing modes to test whether interlacing could work in acceptabal manner... :) ?
    Interlaced material without interlacing activated doesnt give a acceptable experience, Overall switching is fast AND stable ! Sound is also, after some testing "in sync" with picture.

@DeVelopers : GREAT, go on with this super work and at the end there will be the first (e.g. for livetv) KODI based Distro for a RK based Box !!!

regards

arel

• I've still got this this boot config file i changed #156

Not sure if this is a good thing to have permanently enabled ?

Haven't seen a reply to below quote ?

You should not need the debugging enabled in the boot config permanently, and the tip from chewitt to use an advancedsettings.xml file with loglevel to disable showing of the debug gui should also work. I may include this as a default in future test builds.

SD 720 X 576 Mpeg2 Live TV opens 4:3 on screen not 16:9

The rkmppdec ffmpeg decoder and mpp library do not expose aspect ration information that is needed for correctly stretching of mpeg2 streams that use non-square pixels. HermanChen is there a way to expose DAR/SAR values from mpp to ffmpeg?

How to "activate" interlacing modes to test whether interlacing could work in acceptabal manner

Currently not possible, the whitelist feature ignores all interlaced modes as generally Kodi will do deinterlacing and need a progressive to show the video correctly. I will make more tests with interlaced content to see if something can be improved, any link to interlaced samples that is having issues is appreciated.

• Hi.

With setting audio to 2.0 video files up to 4k play fine now (with 5.1 files won't play).

I still cant't get CEC to work (as stated before, worked fine with the older raybuntu release).

My TV (Panasonic TX-58EXW784) doesn't switch to HDR mode when I play HDR files.

• Kwiboo

I see CoreELEC add these for interlaced playback:

For Kodi GUI

kodi/VideoPlayer: show interlace/progressive flag in player info · CoreELEC/CoreELEC@0bf7e76 · GitHub

Video Playback, maybe something can be used for RK video rendering

kodi/VideoPlayer: reworked frame rate fix for interlaced · CoreELEC/CoreELEC@415c2e0 · GitHub

Mpeg2 4:3 interlaced sample

'http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/burosch1.mpg'

Everyone, please post logs for mpeg2 playback for 4:3 aspect ratio and interlaced playback.

• 4k HDR videos that do not work via Rock64

Via Rarbg:

LEGO Movie

Terminator 2

Both are HEVC 4K HDR 10bit

*Downloading torrents is considered illegal in some countries,

do so at your own risk.

**These links are provided for research and educational purposes only

and at no time are to be used for entertainment purposes.

Edited 2 times, last by m2002briguy: removed toorent links (July 10, 2018 at 11:53 PM).