Posts by wizardknight

Feedback for nightly LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-nightly-20181122-4ad81f9-rock64.img.gz

Media encoded with xvid at 640x480 and Divx DX50 at 512x384 is playing back in a lagging fashion. It feels like it is playing 3 frames and then skipping 3 frames. Other resolutions might be impacted, but these were ones I could find in my media collection.

Same media plays fine on other devices.

My movies play fine the whole way on my Rock64. Could your board be overheating? Random lagging could be the OS trying to cool off the cpu by slowing it down.

I tried the new 8.90.007 on my rock64, and so far I have not seen the freeze or audio only after leaving a video paused for a long period of time issue.

Unfortunately I am still unable to shut off the tv when left paused via the screen saver (seems to work when I press preview, but not in daily use).

This is a move in the right direction. :)

Keep up the good work!

CvH  

Feedback for LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-8.90.006-rock64.

Thank you for your ongoing work!

I would like to provide feedback on the latest alpha.

Observed behavior:

A video is left paused, and the TV is left turned on.

Screen eventually goes to black except for the time indicator in the top right hand corner.

Moving the mouse causes the video image to reappear as expected, however upon attempting to resume the video or stop it all video output from the system stops. A power cycle is required to bring the system back online.

Expected behavior.

The TV should be turned off by CEC when left paused for an extended period.

The video should be blank, and not show a paused time indicator to prevent screen burn if the TV is not turned off by CEC.

Un-pausing the video should not result in a non-responsive system.

I will try to provide pics or anything else you might like. Just let me know.

Thank you for the new images.

Feedback on the rock64. Nothing new seems to be broken. I am still seeing the video frozen/working audio when resuming a video which has been paused for a long period of time.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

Feedback on the last Rock64 image.

Previous version would go to a black screen when stopped if they had been left paused for a very long period of time.

Only a reboot would bring the GUI back online.

Now they do not go black. The audio will resume, however the last image shown on the screen remains frozen.

I can however stop the video, and restart without issue. So this is an improvement.

I am seeing some odd behavior on my Rock64 when pausing videos for a long period of time.

Frequently I will pause a video and leave it that way for hours.

After I installed the last test release videos which have been paused for a long time will resume and continue to play.

However when they are stopped, the system will stop outputting video rather than returning to the Kodi GUI.

I can access it remotely, so it has not completely crashed.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior, or do I need to try reloading my image again?

I am having a minor issue with my Rock64, and I was hoping that someone could make a suggestion or confirm that they are seeing the same behavior.

I have my screensaver set to turn off the display after 5min. This is nice as it prevents power waste and screen burn if I am distracted and leave the room.

When the system is not playing media it seems to work as expected and turns off the TV.

If I pause a video playing the system will sometimes turn off the TV, and sometimes blank the video and just display the time counter.

It seems to be about 1/3 TV off vs 2/3 blanking the video during pause at a rough guess.. I have not looked for a frequency or other types of patterns yet.

This is a clean install using the last test build and update file.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or see similar behavior. I can capture some pictures of the blanked screen with the video time if that helps. Just let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

Otherwise the system is working well, and I can't report any other issues which have not been reported previously.

Thanks for making this. :)

Generally speaking the last update is a big step in the right direction. It resolved an issue where several videos with AAC 2.1+ audio had a failure to play. I am generally seeing where the video will freeze after skipping ahead about 1/3 of the time. Moving the position slightly forward will unfreeze it, so it is a minor issue. On a rock64 BTW.

Loving the HDR. :)

Multi-channel audio support is incomplete. At the current time the only audio we expect to work is 2-channel stereo.

Ah. That would explain it.

Something to look forward to.

Is multi-channel audio high on your priority list, or do you have many other issues ahead of it?

Not asking for a date. Just curious where it stands.

Overall great work. It is more stable than the last Raybuntu test build I moved from.

Kwiboo

I may have found an audio bug.

I have a rock64 with the latest test build, and a clean install.

If I set the audio to 2.1 in the settings and play any movie file with a 5.1 or 7.1 audio channel I get no sound and only about 5-10 seconds of video motion. The timer keeps counting, but there is no movement in the video. A video with 2.0 audio channels plays back fine.

If I set the audio back to 2.0 I see the expected behavior for all video types.

I am outputting my audio via HDMI to my tv.

Oh, and if anyone else is using an MCE type remote, they are not enabled by default on this build.

Stick my script in your backup folder, and run it to fix this minor annoyance.

The script will create two files and enable the basic button functions for you. A reboot is necessary.

Of course if it turns your system into Skynet or deletes all your data I take no responsibility.