Posts by wizardknight

you can activate it manually , edit guisettings.xml.

Code
        <setting id="audiooutput.passthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.passthroughdevice">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.ac3passthrough" default="true">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.ac3transcode" default="true">false</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.eac3passthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtspassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.truehdpassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtshdpassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtshdcorefallback" default="true">true</setting>

So there are GUI settings that don't function, but the underlying ability is there if you manually edit files?

Why not just enable to GUI settings to edit those file. Isn't that the whole point of a GUI?

Well damn, I guess I'll have to go to a different computer. Maybe a Orange pi, or a Raspberry pi when they become more available.

I got a N2+ off ebay, and switched to CoreElec. Pity the Rock64 never got any real love.

I have installed nightly LibreELEC-RK3328.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240204-78a0ba1-rock64.img

When the screensaver starts, it blinks between what what video was playing and the asteroids screensaver.
    When you do something that would normally stop the screensaver, the screensaver does not stop.
    If you press the play button you may be able to get playing video and the screensaver blinking. However the button menu never shows, and then the system will no longer respond to any further input. It will have to be power cycled before it will respond again. Also I can not ssh into it once this issue is present.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install and select the asteroids screensaver option (it may happen with others, I just know causes an issue for sure).
    2. Enable Automatically close video OSD on the skin.
    3. Disable Use dim if paused during video playback.
    4. Start a video.
    5. Pause the video.
    6. Wait the time period required for the screensaver to start.
    7. Observe that the screensaver having a seizure.

Video of issue: https://screenpal.com/watch/cZnfbgVd6dM

The video starts paused, and after about 2-3 seconds I was able to unpause it.

I have tried a few videos, and am able to reproduce the issue on them all.

I have had bizarre issues where one device would talk CEC with the TV fine, and the other would not using the same cable. It made no sense to me. However I went though like 5-6 of my hdmi cables until I found one that worked for both devices. It seems to be much worse on 4K TVs and/or if you have an ARC audio setup.

I would suggest getting a new 4k/8K certified HDMI cable if you don't have a pile of spares laying around just to test with. If it doesn't fix your issue, you could always return it to the store.

I have an ODROID N2+. I have tried with both the Stable (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-odroid-n2.img) and the nightly (LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240131-76bf1fa-odroid-n2.img) images.

I have settings->interface->screensaver-> Use dim if paused during video playback disabled (the switch is grey and moved to the left).

If I have the GUI sitting idle, the system will turn off the TV via CEC without any issues.
    If I have a video paused the system will dim the video, and not turn it off.
    I do have the Asteroids screensaver installed. Even if the TV didn't turn off, I would expect to see the Asteroids screen saver. I do get the Asteroids screen saver for like 1-2 seconds before the TV turns off if the system is left idle at the GUI/no video paused.
    No matter what I try, if a video is paused, I just get a dimmed display. The TV never turns off.

Is there a super secret setting somewhere that I have to change for the TV to be turned off when it is sitting at a paused video?
    I am quite frustrated trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am assuming the hardware and cables are good as the TV turns off as expected when sitting at the GUI.

This issue feels a little like this Kodi bug (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16123), but that bug was marked as resolved in 2019. It also doesn't mention the use of CEC.

Please let me know if there is any additional information that would be helpful.

I found the CoreElec nightly to work, so I will be switching to that until someone can give me a hint of what might be wrong.

I have the 01-21 nightly installed, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to enable the audio pass through so that I can have 5.1 sound.

I have a receiver connected to the ark port of my tv. If I used my S905x box with coreelec installed it passes the audio through in Dolby or whatever 5.1 is expected.

I wanted to get away from that device, so I setup the latest nightly on my Rock64 board.

When I try to push 5.1 audio I get right,left, and center without issue. I get no sub, and the rear speakers are routed to the front left/right.

I have tried setting the number of channels to both 2.0 and 5.1. I have also tried changing the audio output device to all the various HDMI options.

The place where I would find the pass through option in Coreelec does not seem to exist in Libreeelc, and I have been unable to find it under any other menus either.

Can anyone suggest where my user error is?

I am happy to provide additional information if there is something specific that would help. Just let me know what is needed.

On the last several nightlies for the Rock64 I have noticed that if I start an update scan of my library and the screensaver kicks in, the video glitches out. The system has to be restarted to fix the issue. As long as the system is not running a scan the screensaver does not cause a glitch, and as long as I keep the screensaver from kicking in I can complete it without issue. But if both happen at the same time, something breaks.

ilmich

Thanks for the response.

I saw that bug listed when I was trying to troubleshoot the issue, but two things made me dismiss it as the source of the issue.

1. It's from 2019.

2. It shows a resolution:fixed Sept 2019.

I just got a RP4 and grabbed the latest release.

I can reproduce the issue with the screen saver on the RP4 too, so I do not think it is a hardware specific issue.

Is there anything else I can do to help test/fix this? My coding knowledge is limited, but I am halfway decent at the CLI.

I downloaded the latest nightlies 11 and 12.

The issue is still present.

I have a rock64 running the Latest Stable Version (2023.07).

I am using an official rom from here: https://libreelec.tv/downloads/rockchip/.

Please let me know if there is additional information that needs to be provided.

When the system is left at the GUI, the screen saver will start and CEC will turn off my TV as expected.

If I have a video paused the system dims the screen, and the tv does not turn off.

I have verified that the dim option (System->Interface->Screensaver->Use dim if paused during video playback) is unchecked.

I tried using the reset to default button, but there was no change.

I went ahead and made a fresh install with only my database settings pulled across, and there was no change.

Despite the Use Dim option disabled, it still dims when a video is paused.

I tried Asteroids and Picture Slideshow Screensaver as well, just in case it was a glitch in one screensaver.

Here are the logs from the latest attempt in case that helps at all.

http://ix.io/4F4L

The video is playing at 2023-09-01 04:48:15.313 T:1060, but the only thing of note I see near that is

2023-09-01 04:48:25.784 T:1246 warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer.

Is there a known bug, or can anyone suggest a work around to get the screensaver to work while I have paused a video?

I had been using a nightly from a couple of months ago on my A95x B7n (s905x) box. I had no issues with the wifi. I

downloaded the latest nightly and did a clean install. The WiFi will connect the first time after a boot. However the data throughput is very very low, and if disconnected it will fail to reconnect. I suspect it may have something to do with this change RTL8812AU: update to githash 20220827. Maybe the newer driver has issues?

Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Did you push in the button with a tooth pick? If that is not working you might have to open it up and short a couple of traces to force it into recovery mode.

me again :P

I've dug out a Nexbox A95X with 2gb ram, S905X

i tried it with chewitt test build but nothing, any ideas on that one?

thanks again!

I am running the one of the latest nighties on my A95X. The DTB with the A95x name doesn't work right. Use meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb. Assuming you updated the uEnv.ini file, I would suggest that you also make sure you have a android 7x rom installed on the box's MMC using the flash utility before booting. I have seen older Uboot from pre android 7 cause issues too.

Thank you for your help.

That got me 80% of the way to working, and I figured the rest out on my own.

The output of the command line help me to figure out that there were issues with the ovpn file generated by my server too. So for anyone who uses a OVPN file generate by Fresh Tomato or other router based off DD-WRT, take a very close look at the OVPN file if you are having issues connecting.