CEC will not turn off TV when video is paused W/ODROID N2+

• I have an ODROID N2+. I have tried with both the Stable (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-odroid-n2.img) and the nightly (LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240131-76bf1fa-odroid-n2.img) images.

I have settings->interface->screensaver-> Use dim if paused during video playback disabled (the switch is grey and moved to the left).

If I have the GUI sitting idle, the system will turn off the TV via CEC without any issues.
    If I have a video paused the system will dim the video, and not turn it off.
    I do have the Asteroids screensaver installed. Even if the TV didn't turn off, I would expect to see the Asteroids screen saver. I do get the Asteroids screen saver for like 1-2 seconds before the TV turns off if the system is left idle at the GUI/no video paused.
    No matter what I try, if a video is paused, I just get a dimmed display. The TV never turns off.

Is there a super secret setting somewhere that I have to change for the TV to be turned off when it is sitting at a paused video?
    I am quite frustrated trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am assuming the hardware and cables are good as the TV turns off as expected when sitting at the GUI.

This issue feels a little like this Kodi bug (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16123), but that bug was marked as resolved in 2019. It also doesn't mention the use of CEC.

Please let me know if there is any additional information that would be helpful.

I found the CoreElec nightly to work, so I will be switching to that until someone can give me a hint of what might be wrong.

Edited once, last by wizardknight (February 1, 2024 at 9:37 PM).