[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• mule please try the latest test image here

I have added sams dither and rounding code to the kernel along with a banding issue fix of his as well.

I have also added some experimental code to Kodi to set the round option automatically however I have not tested this to see if it works so if you could try playing a couple of clips and upload your kodi.log I will be able to see if it is being set or not before content is played.

Also of interest to users with displays on their boxes, this build contains an updated vfd driver by The Coolest which reduces the need for a box specific DTB but does require a new config to be placed in /storage/.config/ ... some examples can be found here and extra support is available at his thread here.

• GDPR-2 Is there any way you could help me? I'm having an issue with your build that causes the IR remote to be very sluggish/delayed inputs. I wasn't having these issues with kszaq 8.2 build. I tried different commands to increase or decrease delay/input etc, nothing seems to help. I've reinstalled many times, and used the correct device tree. The correct keytable for my device is already baked into the image.

Device is a Tanix TX3 Mini.

I appreciate any suggestions

• GDPR-2 Is there any way you could help me? I'm having an issue with your build that causes the IR remote to be very sluggish/delayed inputs. I wasn't having these issues with kszaq 8.2 build. I tried different commands to increase or decrease delay/input etc, nothing seems to help. I've reinstalled many times, and used the correct device tree. The correct keytable for my device is already baked into the image.

Device is a Tanix TX3 Mini.

I appreciate any suggestions

I have the same device and the same remote and it is not really an issue for me and that is why the keytable is baked in, some flurosecent lamps also emit IR which can interfere with the receiver as stupid as it sounds, other than that I would look at the thread specific to IR on Leia builds here

I am assuming the same process I used for his build would be the same for youtd? I Just download the .tar file and put into the update folder?

Yes

• I have the same device and the same remote and it is not really an issue for me and that is why the keytable is baked in, some flurosecent lamps also emit IR which can interfere with the receiver as stupid as it sounds, other than that I would look at the thread specific to IR on Leia builds here

So what exactly is causing this? I cant really look away from this, so it's an issue for me. It's significantly worse than the previous 8.2 build i was on. I just installed 8.2 again to confirm, and the remote is back to being responsive and quick again. I've tried a bunch of different keytable configurations, but nothing seems to help so far. And have you done any configuration to your keytables?

• So what exactly is causing this? I cant really look away from this, so it's an issue for me. It's significantly worse than the previous 8.2 build i was on. I just installed 8.2 again to confirm, and the remote is back to being responsive and quick again. I've tried a bunch of different keytable configurations, but nothing seems to help so far. And have you done any configuration to your keytables?

I use my TV remote mainly so it is not an issue for me but I have left everything at the default, there is a dedicated thread for support on these issues as I mentioned.

You will have to spend some time using ir-keytable and ir-ctl to find the settings that are most suitable for you, if your not willing to do that then stick to using 8.2 as all developers have agreed to use the LIRC based solution instead of amremote for releases going forward.

• Is there any possibility to update inputstream adaptive to the latest release (2.2.7)? It fixes some trouble with the official eurosport addon.

Edited once, last by nice (March 21, 2018 at 11:53 AM).

• GDPR-2 is the games emulation included as part of the build? Other posts on the thread suggested yes.

I’m having issues running anything yet just want to confirm it’s me - so should be possible when I figure it out.

• I updated two of my TX3 minis with:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.5.img.gz (only one TX3 mini, as the 2nd one was already autoupdated)

and

gxl_p281_2g_tx3mini.dtb (both)

and now finally LCD works again without being 'scrambled'.

The problem is that they now both POWER OFF when they finish booting (few seconds after they get into LE, probably one of the services/autostart stuff).

What could be the problem that they POWER OFF because of updated/latest dtb?

• I use my TV remote mainly so it is not an issue for me but I have left everything at the default, there is a dedicated thread for support on these issues as I mentioned.

You will have to spend some time using ir-keytable and ir-ctl to find the settings that are most suitable for you, if your not willing to do that then stick to using 8.2 as all developers have agreed to use the LIRC based solution instead of amremote for releases going forward.

Is it not possible to somehow use amremote on your leia build? Would it mean alot of work, or is it simply not possible at all?

Also: Is it possible to boot the TX3 Mini at the same time as the TV with the tv's remote control power button?

Edited once, last by Orman (March 21, 2018 at 2:57 PM).