LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for Amlogic S905/S912 devices.
Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device
- These are unofficial, community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
- These builds are highly experimental and based upon the LibreELEC master branch and as such should never be considered stable.
- I work on these builds in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.
- Bugs? Read this first: [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs
- if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)
- I'd like to thank kszaq as without his work then none of this would be possible, device support for this build is based upon his 8.2 branch!
- I'd like to thank afl1 for adding DVB support to these builds and for all his contributions to the project.
- I'd like to thank johngalt for his work on improving the Nougat kernel and making HDR available!
- I'd like to thank GDPR-1 for keeping me going and encouraging this project.
Note on downloads:
- Odroid C2 is not supported, use the build by GDPR-1
- If you experience freezing then downgrade to kszaq's 8.2 -temp_sensor_disabled version
- If upgrading from 7.0/8.0 builds remember to update the device tree!
If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:
- don't panic!
- if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
- if booting from internal:
- Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
- Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
- Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.
Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading
Device trees: here
Known issues and important notes:
- SAMBA/SMB/Shared folder issues? Read this blog post first
- Built-in DVB tuners may or may not work and supported only for "K" series devices. For "K" series I use driver from afl1 with some modifications, please do not report issues with the driver to him!
- 4K support is experimental.
- 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.
- CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.