[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for Amlogic S905/S912 devices.

Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device

Important notes:

• These are unofficial, community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
    • These builds are highly experimental and based upon the LibreELEC master branch and as such should never be considered stable.
    • I work on these builds in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.
    • Bugs? Read this first: [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs
    • if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)
    • I'd like to thank kszaq as without his work then none of this would be possible, device support for this build is based upon his 8.2 branch!
    • I'd like to thank afl1 for adding DVB support to these builds and for all his contributions to the project.
    • I'd like to thank johngalt for his work on improving the Nougat kernel and making HDR available!
    • I'd like to thank GDPR-1 for keeping me going and encouraging this project.

Note on downloads:

• Odroid C2 is not supported, use the build by GDPR-1
    • If you experience freezing then downgrade to kszaq's 8.2 -temp_sensor_disabled version
    • If upgrading from 7.0/8.0 builds remember to update the device tree!

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
      1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
      3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

Downloads: here

Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading

Device trees: here

Known issues and important notes:

• SAMBA/SMB/Shared folder issues? Read this blog post first
    • Built-in DVB tuners may or may not work and supported only for "K" series devices. For "K" series I use driver from afl1 with some modifications, please do not report issues with the driver to him!
    • 4K support is experimental.
    • 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.
    • CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
  • I have been working on porting all of kszaqs work to LibreELEC master branch and thought I would share my work with the community, for anybody who would like to run a bleeding edge version of LibreELEC, you can download a copy here.

Everything looking good here! Many thanks for this.

• Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't aware somebody had already made a Leia build, I can't speak for Gendo's build as I haven't looked at his source however I have merged most of kszaq's work into the master branch from scratch taking into account patches that have been superceeded and reworking older ones to make them compatible for Leia, I will push the source code later tonight I used to build this image.

• Interesting "bug":

• On S905X box - inputstream adaptive suddenly disappeared and cannot be activated/installed manually. Hence - no amazon & netflix...
    • On S905 box - no such issue.

This build shutdowns the boxes properly, not like Gendo's builds...

Any plans for S912 builds?

P.S. Upgraded to this build from Gendo's builds on both boxes...

• Interesting "bug":

• On S905X box - inputstream adaptive suddenly disappeared and cannot be activated/installed manually. Hence - no amazon & netflix...
    • On S905 box - no such issue.

Can you please post steps to reproduce this bug and I will look into it as it's an S905X box I use myself, thanks.

On another note, I will be pushing a more final build towards the end of the work that will auto update so people can stay on the very latest bleeding edge build if they so wish.

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (October 20, 2017 at 11:39 PM).

• I've compared the installations (internal) on S905 and S905X boxes.

On S905 (2/16GB) box,

inputstream adaptive was(is) explicitly present present in addons folder.

On S905X (2/8GB) box,

there was no such folder for inputstream*, however settings were there in addon_data.

So, when upgrading with this build - amazon/netflix addons could not use the inputstream, could not activate it, unknown sources was disabled from start, did not allow to install it from zip either. Downgrading to a Gendo's built makes it working again.

Maybe Gendo's builds have this "embedded" somewhere else, because it works without any additional amendments.

Anyway,

just copied the respective addon folder from S905 to S905X box and it's working. :)

Great work! :thumbup:

P.S.1 It seems that strict checking of ECDSA host keys is enabled by default in your build... ?

P.S.2 What about an S912 build?

• yes this build is more updated (kszaq patches) then mine.. will make a pull reques to build inputstream.adaptive as part of build

GDPR-2 made 2 pull requests on your github repo

Edited once, last by Gendo (October 21, 2017 at 9:17 AM).

• @routir I think you would be better to install Android and run it along side the Android version of Kodi if you require this

@Gendo Thank you for your pull request, I have merged it, I wasn't aware about the addons not being available

@ChimeyJimmey As above, a new build will be pushed later tonight that will auto update itself in the future and include Gendos patch for inputstream.adaptive, I also don't own an S912 device so I don't really wan't to put something out there that I can't personally debug and test, sorry.

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (October 21, 2017 at 9:32 PM).

• There's a different way to make it boot on a S905X box?

8.x Libreelec boots normally, while this one (copied on a microSD using Libreelec sd creator) makes hang the box on the S905X logo!

• There's a different way to make it boot on a S905X box?

8.x Libreelec boots normally, while this one (copied on a microSD using Libreelec sd creator) makes hang the box on the S905X logo!

Be sure to download and rename the correct dtb.img for your device and place it on your microSD.