Posts by timd

Ok, this is a bit strange. It seems to be interpreting the CEC remote down button as power off:

Any clues to where the CEC mapping is done? I've got no custom remote changes in ~/.config

Cheers,

Tim

Can somebody please point me to some info regarding the CEC issue mentioned in the first post?

I have a Mini M8S II using the gxl_p212_2g device tree. It worked fine up until (and including) v8.90.3, but it crashes on both .4 and .5 as soon as I click a button on the (CEC) remote. It then just shuts down immediately without generating a crash log.

It's perfectly stable until I use the TV/CEC remote (I can control it using Kore fine), so I'm fairly certain it's a CEC issue.

Cheers,

Tim

I've got a couple of boxes - a S905 and a S905x, on both of which I've been running libreelec for some some time without any issues.

I've updated them both from 8.2 releases to 8.90.3, with mixed success - the S905x is working absolutely fine, but I'm having problems with the remote on the S905.

I use CEC on the S905x, but can't on the S905 (it's connected via an av-amp that seems to kill CEC even when configured to pass it through), so use a usb MCE receiver - which has always just worked.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what the important note in the first post is saying - I'm using gxbb_p200_2G1Gbit.dtb - how can I tell whether it has LIRC support?

I've tried following the infrared_remote page in the wiki, but I don't think my receiver is being detected properly. This is from dmesg:

[ 39.220466@3] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0609, idProduct=031d

[ 39.220472@3] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[ 39.220476@3] usb 1-1.3: Product: eHome Infrared Transceiver

[ 39.220480@3] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: SMK

[ 39.220484@3] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: SM006Ygj

I'm getting no other remote-related messages, and

kodi-m18:~ # ir-keytable

/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

I can modprobe rc_rc6_mce (which doesn't get loaded automatically), but it doesn't make any difference: nothing else printed in dmesg, no change to the ir-keytable output.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Tim

Update:

I've gotten rid of the usb mce ir-receiver and have paired my harmony hub via bluetooth instead - a much better solution.