[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I knew this change would be troublesome for some users but I want to keep these builds as close to the official LE source as possible and not deviate from it.

And so you should. Still not much comfort to those that don't happen to own the 'favoured devices' chosen to be supported by the official LE (i.e. most of them)

• Sorry to ask but since there a so many Amlogic boxes.

Is IR in a 'Beelink Mini MXIII II' supported out of the box in new update?

GDPR-2 wrote 'WeTek/Mecool/Minix/Tanix (mini remote)'..... the beelink box has a non specail mini remote, I don't know.

• Since I have a Mini MX too nothing I do seems to make my remote work.

Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB, 32GB always running latest Libreelec from SD card. No issues so far(except for the ones already known or posted by me).

Mecool m8s Pro+ which with widevine level 1, Android runs a hacked version of android TV.

• Thanks for this work adamg!

I have everything working on v8.90.4 and the remote is reconfigured fine.

One small issue I have noticed is that when I wake up the box from suspend, the stock amlogic remote no longer works (my TV remote still works for the basic functions like up, down, left, right and ok etc, but the amlogic remote does not). I have to reboot.

Anybody else notice this?

My box is Sunvell T95M, S905X, 2Gb RAM, 8Gb NAND.

Edited 2 times, last by ukmark62 ().

• thank you adamg. with my ki pro and kii pro the new version runs without any problems so far. the remote went on without changing anything.

• Friend GDPR-2 I use your Libreelec version in the internal memory of my KI Pro

which command to use to update the Libreelec and DTB versions?

Without using SD card, use only PuTTY, SSH?

It is useless knowledge if not shared the world.

• What is the different between "gxm_q200_2g.dtb" and the "gxm_q201_2g.dtb" in the new device_trees folder?

Paul

Alfawise H96pro+ with S912 and 2/16GB

• Succes!

Thanks a lot GDPR-2 and boot2k3.

It seems that notepad++ in windows wasn't the ticket.

I recreated the keymap through ssh/nano and committed (clean install while i was at it).

Works perfectly fine now.

Now lets rock this baby ;-)

Regards Atreyu.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• What is the different between "gxm_q200_2g.dtb" and the "gxm_q201_2g.dtb" in the new device_trees folder?

Paul

I believe 200= s905 & 201=s905x

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• I believe 200= s905 & 201=s905x

No, both are in the device_trees folder for s912!

Have anyone another idea or know what's are the different between "gxm_q200_2g.dtb" and the "gxm_q201_2g.dtb"?

Paul

Alfawise H96pro+ with S912 and 2/16GB

• I m eagerly waited Kszaq based 9.0 plus version because I am not programmer just simple user I can’t understand keymap based method to work my nexbox remote that’s why I also can’t use and test adamG’s 8.94 ( because of no remote). My last tested build was 8.93 which is best. I m going back to 8.2.

• GDPR-2 , as other user said something wrong is with tvheadend . Tvh 4.2 or Tvh4.3 does not want to connect and also tvh webif does not work . I did clean installation on new msd card on my wetek play 2.

Regards

• Even though this is going to be a real hassle to setup, I am glad that you are bringing IR support in line with mainline support. It would be great if all inconsistencies were eliminated from Libreelec and all these special cases for Android boxes disappeared. At least there are plenty of logical Kodi guides on how to setup IR-Keytables.

Shoog