[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• hi

the auto update doesn't work in 8.90.0 ?

It does but it was broken on the server end when I started adding support for multiple devices, I've had to write the script myself as whoever hosts the LibreELEC version has not made it opensource for the wider community.

• if i install libreelec to internal storage of my device m8s pro l will i be able to go back to android by making sd card with burn tool and original firmware from .img fila and will my drm L1 key be perserve

• This is perfectly normal, if you can not download a file quick enough then of course it will buffer, it is the exact same issue when streaming media over the network, a 20mbit connection should be enough for 4k streaming though so either your connection is really slow or your ISP is not very good, sometimes there can be contention issues depending on your provider or the problem could even be on the remote side where the source has too many downloaders and not enough bandwidth.

Thanks for the explanation. But for the older builds the buffering sometimes occoured too but the video never started to stutter. Buffering is perfectly fine for me, even if it buffers every minute or so, however in this case it seems that the buffering of LE does not work as expected.

Normal buffering is: Playing movie - buffering ring - Playing movie - buffering ring

What I see however: Playing movie - stuttering movie - buffering ring - movie freeze OR playing movie - stuttering movie - buffering ring - stuttering movie forever

Again, I don't want to blame LE, however it was working previously for more than a year. If I'm the only one facing this it is most likely that it is me. However if someone else sees this problem I would be happy because it means it could be addressed.

• Thanks for the explanation. But for the older builds the buffering sometimes occoured too but the video never started to stutter. Buffering is perfectly fine for me, even if it buffers every minute or so, however in this case it seems that the buffering of LE does not work as expected.

Normal buffering is: Playing movie - buffering ring - Playing movie - buffering ring

What I see however: Playing movie - stuttering movie - buffering ring - movie freeze OR playing movie - stuttering movie - buffering ring - stuttering movie forever

Again, I don't want to blame LE, however it was working previously for more than a year. If I'm the only one facing this it is most likely that it is me. However if someone else sees this problem I would be happy because it means it could be addressed.

I wouldn't considering buffering every minute ok, do you get any issues playing local content?

• I'm not sure if it is related but I do see buffering issues using random video addons. If the source quality is very high and the internet speed is slowed down, the video starts to stutter. Sometimes the buffering ring is shown but not always. If I jump 10s further, video runs smooth until the next buffering. Also this happens since the last 2-3 builds of GDPR-2. I can not really see a pattern.

I hope it goes away with your next build, otherwise I have to check the debug log.

Your bug reporting is welcome, but you have to follow Reporting bugs rules for Amlogic community. Pls, provide kodi debug log with specific componets: audio, video and a/v timing.

• I wouldn't considering buffering every minute ok, do you get any issues playing local content?

GDPR-2 ;) Of course buffering every minute is far from normal but then I know it is either my slow internet connection or a slow source. I never really tried playing local content but maybe it would be worth to try some 4k test movie to favor buffering. If I would have to guess I would say kodi does not wait for the full buffer and then tries to play the fragments it has available which leads to movie stuttering without audio.

afl1 of course I know I need to provide logs, I will do that as soon as I can easily reproduce it. I do not expect anyone to solve the issue without my bug report, I was just wondering if someone sees the same thing.

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm very satisfied with the current builds and I know we are pre alpha. These are just small issues.

• GDPR-2 ;) Of course buffering every minute is far from normal but then I know it is either my slow internet connection or a slow source. I never really tried playing local content but maybe it would be worth to try some 4k test movie to favor buffering. If I would have to guess I would say kodi does not wait for the full buffer and then tries to play the fragments it has available which leads to movie stuttering without audio.

afl1 of course I know I need to provide logs, I will do that as soon as I can easily reproduce it. I do not expect anyone to solve the issue without my bug report, I was just wondering if someone sees the same thing.

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm very satisfied with the current builds and I know we are pre alpha. These are just small issues.

That's how Kodi is by design and always has been, its not a fault or bug, the buffer is there for the opposite reason than what you are expecting it to be there for.

If your internet is slow then I don't think streaming is for you, you can increase the buffer and pause a video until the buffer is full and this will help on smaller videos but it won't help much on larger videos. Try limiting your sources to non-HD as well.

• Hello. I am using GDPR-2 build (always updated) on my wetek play2 mainly for live tv (dvb-s hotbird 13e) and everything works perfect with my usb smargo reader, nc+ subscription (polish paytv provider). No buffering issues or other problems. I live in London and also internet from virgin works great and streaming service like netflix works like charm. Now I am in Poland and here also no issues with live tv / streaming :)

Happy New Year to @All ;)

• That's how Kodi is by design and always has been, its not a fault or bug, the buffer is there for the opposite reason than what you are expecting it to be there for.

If your internet is slow then I don't think streaming is for you, you can increase the buffer and pause a video until the buffer is full and this will help on smaller videos but it won't help much on larger videos. Try limiting your sources to non-HD as well.

I will keep an eye on that. Actually I do have 10/10Mbit/s internet, so it should not be me for less than 4k.

This may be out of context but it quite nicely describes my problem, whereas for me it is occurring also for other video addons. Also the frame sometimes stops, stutters with or without sound or freezes completely.

Frame and sound stuck after buffering · Issue #247 · asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix · GitHub

Let's stop here, I will run some tests and come back with a log file in case it persists.

I'm looking forward for the new build! Happy New Year!

Update: It just happened again, the video freezes showing the buffering ring at 5%. I waited 2 minutes, no change. Jumped 10s further, video continuous to play within 1s. If anything would be too slow, why the video plays within 1s after moving further in time.

Edited 6 times, last by rosenrot (December 31, 2017 at 6:05 PM).

• I'm repeating that i used to play flawlessly x264 & x265 up to 1080p videos from my samba nas over wifi. Some buffering from time to time is expected. But since the last couple upgrades most of the videos stop after 1-2 seconds after i press start. I mean they stop completely and go to previous menu. No buffering at all. I also tried a clean install without any improvement. If i find some time, I'll try to find more info on the logs. In the meantime i reverted to latest kszaq release and i confirm that it plays again flawlessly. In the future i'll switch to nfs as you suggested adam.

Thanks for your time.

• I'm repeating that i used to play flawlessly x264 & x265 up to 1080p videos from my samba nas over wifi. Some buffering from time to time is expected. But since the last couple upgrades most of the videos stop after 1-2 seconds after i press start. I mean they stop completely and go to previous menu. No buffering at all. I also tried a clean install without any improvement. If i find some time, I'll try to find more info on the logs. In the meantime i reverted to latest kszaq release and i confirm that it plays again flawlessly. In the future i'll switch to nfs as you suggested adam.

Thanks for your time.

I appreciate your having issues but there is not a great deal that I can do about streaming issues, you have provided me with no useable information (logs) to be able to assist you.

This release shares the same kernel and drivers as kszaqs build with the main difference only really being to the version of Kodi that is in so I really can't see the issue at present.

I would ask that you test the file locally with a USB stick and if the issue resolves itself then it's obviously a network issue. Samba is the number 1 cause of these issues 9/10x as well, if you are using a NAS it should already support NFS.

• My S912 device rebooting in a loop after update to 8.90.1

How to recover it back without reinstalling?

Recovered from tar directly to partition to 8.90.0

Happy New year8)

Edited 2 times, last by boot2k3 (January 1, 2018 at 9:31 AM).

• Hello!

Thanks for the excellent S905X releases.

I just have a problem as of yesterday.

The box booted up and said it was performing an auto-update. After that it restarted, and said it was doing an "Add-on migration in progress" -- but it sits there forever. Rebooting doesn't help, it just does it again.

I can ssh into the libreelec box, and see that kodi.bin is using 100% of the CPU.

The end of kodi.log is pasted here:

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's odd that it mentions some name resolution issues as the system seems to resolve those hostnames just fine from ssh.

Is there anything I can do to help?

NOTE: Removing the entire /storage/.kodi/addons/* kinda fixed the issue, in that Kodi loads now -- but seems like a bug that it wouldn't get past that migration. I kept the add-ons from that folder in the hope I can put them back, rather than manually reinstall them all.

Edited once, last by wintrmute (January 1, 2018 at 10:02 AM).