Posts by rosenrot

To find out what HDMI connected display - Gamma and bit depth capabilities are registered with LE for use:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap

Forced RGB output is not needed unless you are getting Pink or Green screen on old Sony/Philips TV's.

This command gives me all options available within the last build.

S905 doesn't support 10 bit output. You can decode 10bit H.265 but they will be scaled to 8bit output.

Thanks, so choosing 444,10bit will not change anything at all.

New S905 test release LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180223155029-r28201-gea3b1a985.tar

4 new options in Settings>System>Display specific to Amlogic

If your TV appears green after flashing the image then set your colour space with the new options and reboot until you find one that works.

Could someone tell me what is supported by the S905?

Force RGB output?

444,10bit?

422,10bit?

rgb,10bit?

I tried to get these information from other threads but I can't and my TV does not tell me what it gets.

What are the best settings for the S905?

I know there is a lot of discussion going on right now but I'm still wondering what the problem of TvH4.4 is. It was mentioned several times that the server does not respond.

Could someone tell me what the problem is? If I'm ignored because I do not provide a log file, please tell.

adamg is it true that you devel builds don't update via autoupdate? Is there a reason?

From what I saw, you or afl1 are providing them to test new implementations for users in the forum. Wouldn't it be nice if these devel builds autoupdate to the main builds? This way, people drifting away from the main line would be brought back with the next main build automatically.

I'm not speaking about a devel build auto-update function yet.

:)

How much time did You spend in testing ?

It´s a dream to have perfect & cheap "all in one"

Compared to the time that it would take to teach my girlfriend how to use 3 different devices, little I would say ;)

Also, for example these freezes are minor issues which just catch my attention if I feel bored or liveTV is that bad that I recognize them.

And I want to add that it is my fault because if I would stick to kodi 17 and Tvh4.2 there would be no freezes. However, I like to surf on the wave, therefore helping the community with bug finding/fixing is an honor to mee.

I´m old school - don´t want want "all in one"

If I want to watch SAT I will use my DREAM box SAT - no need to configure live TV using tvheadend etc. every day

May be some users want to configure a lot of addons every day again and again, just for fun ....

Seems you are really old school. Memory is not expensive anymore so you can save your configuration. Therefore, configuring it once is enough these days 8o

However, I would also be interested in 8.90.4 cause of the tvheadend 4.4. Maybe configuring is less time consuming with the new version and it is even worth trying for Tim_Taylor  :huh:

Code
    1. 2018-01-19 09:41:15.015 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file
    2. 2018-01-19 09:41:15.023 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file"
    3. 2018-01-19 09:41:15.265 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected
    4. 2018-01-19 09:41:15.265 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

Seems that tv_grab_file can't parse the settings.xml file. Can someone confirm?

I would suggest to change from:

Code
    1. ADDON_HOME="$HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42"
    2. ADDON_SETTINGS="$ADDON_HOME/settings.xml"
    3. XMLTV_TYPE=`grep XMLTV_TYPE $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`
    4. XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE=`grep XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`
    5. XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB=`grep XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`
    6. XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT=`grep XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`

TO

Code
    1. ADDON_HOME="$HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42"
    2. ADDON_SETTINGS="$ADDON_HOME/settings.xml"
    3. XMLTV_TYPE=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_TYPE"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`
    4. XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`
    5. XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`
    6. XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`

i test what you suggest... but nothing,,unfurtuntely, i made another sd to test with the same version of librelec and this boots,may be there is something corrupt in the second partition and the system can't boot?' and is possible to enter secon partion from pc??

thanks

I can not imagine how it could happen but try also to replace the dtb.img in case something is wrong there. It is strange that there is a dtb.img.dtb file. Except if you copied it there or the auto updater did it.

In linux you should be able to see all partitions from what I can remember. Maybe there is a tool for windows as well.

hello ,i have a problem with 8.9.0.1 ,yesterday all ok,today librelec doesn't boot the box remain on the logo before boot librelec,if i remove sd ,box normaly boot? what i can do? without reinstalling librelec from 0?? thanks

Recently you asked the same question. Answer still is: copy the .tar and the dtb file into your update folder. Now, use the latest one you have available and wait for 8.90.2.

It was down to the advancedsettings.xml, I did tell you about 10 pages ago, this wasn't a bug, streaming settings are now set to Kodi defaults.

8.90.2 has been reuploaded with the dvb issue corrected however I'm just waiting for the addons to compile and upload before making it available to prevent a re-occurrence of previous issues.

Sorry adamg I did not see it. Thanks a lot for your work, feels really good to receive updates for the s905 boxes.