s905 and s912 Leia builds

• Hey, just checked the latest build out on my Khadas, and must say I am really impressed with it. From my limited testing, I found video playback smoother and it could handle the paid WWE addon my kids love watching. It was pretty rough on most Nougat builds on s905x - for some reason my s905x boxes are wayyyy more affected than my multiple s905 boxes.

The content in question that had problems playing on the 8.0 builds is 30p (29.97) 720p H264 (I am using 1080p video source). Using HW decoding helped the issue a lot, but I usually prefer software. When using software decoding, it would play fine for a bit, then start to get blurry and kinda choppy looking. To fix it, I would have to pause and skip forward/back - but sometimes, no matter how much I skipped around, it wouldn't help. Last resort was to restart the video. The 9.0 builds solve this problem for me entirely. I haven't noticed a single stutter or shake or blur. It's been just great!!

Been noticing generally better/more stable video playback on the few limited things I tried. I don't use LiveTV or TVheadend or anything like that so my testing is likely pretty limited.

Just wanted to give you the double thumbs up. I'm using it as one of my daily driver for the kids, and they love it so far. And it can only get better!

• Hi, I"ve tried the newest build, upgraded from kszaq's 8.1.10, everything is fine except 24 fps movies, here is a Kodi sample, this sample and all 24 fps movies plays on 23,976 fps with microstutters, I don't seen microstutters on other frame rates, I saw every frame rate at the correct output.

Thanks

• Hi, after the update to newest version (S912) there seems to be something wrong with the addons. Every change in one addon setting, e.g. weather addon, leads to a restart of the TVH addon.

I had to go back to the version 06-10 for now.

• Thanks for the hard work! Upgraded to the newest build from kszaq build on S912 installed to internal.. everything seems to be working so far only thing I’ve noticed is abit of lag and not very smooth scrolling through the menus in kodi

• Hello,

I have tree questions and maybe someone can answer :)

1. As far as I know, after upgrading my kszaq LE 8.1.10 (on S905X) to this Leia build, I cannot downgrade anymore to LE 8 (and keep my settings)?

2. Is there a way to fully backup my LE 8.1.10 which I can use after clean reinstall of LE 8 (if Leia is too buggy for me)

3. Is this still necessary for netflix/amazon: 'Run the following: curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash'?

• I have tree questions...

Why wouldn't you just try the Leia build on a separate microSD card?

Whether your current install is on another card or internal it's still be safe and you can easily go back to it until you decide to move permanently to Leia.

• Hello,

I have tree questions and maybe someone can answer :)

1. As far as I know, after upgrading my kszaq LE 8.1.10 (on S905X) to this Leia build, I cannot downgrade anymore to LE 8 (and keep my settings)?

2. Is there a way to fully backup my LE 8.1.10 which I can use after clean reinstall of LE 8 (if Leia is too buggy for me)

3. Is this still necessary for netflix/amazon: 'Run the following: curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash'?

I have amazon and netflix on my box with this leia build. Everything is fine!!

• Hi, after the update to newest version (S912) there seems to be something wrong with the addons. Every change in one addon setting, e.g. weather addon, leads to a restart of the TVH addon.

I had to go back to the version 06-10 for now.

will upload a build soon (tonight or tom as stuck with slow internet) which should fix this.. can you try and let me know..

• For me - only 720p works flawlessly on S905/S905X boxes.

On S912 - even 720p stutters...

I don't think it's a matter of bandwidth/throughput,

because on the same points (Gigabit), Full HD/DD5.1 amazon & netflix on Windows64 and Ubuntu Kodi are playing fine.

Maybe some "ponies" are dead in my "karate" boxes and the processing power is not sufficient to simultaneously stream/decrypt/visualize 1080p content?

No problem with local Full HD and 4K content, presented via SMB 3, though...