[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Code
    Hi, i have LE 8.2.0.1 on a usb, by mistake I have done this:
    Login over SSH and execute dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev / dtb bs = 256k count = 1 then dd if = / flash / dtb.img of = / dev / dtb bs = 256k
    and now I do not rip off the android I had in the nand. Is it reversible?
  • Code
    Login over SSH and execute dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev / dtb bs = 256k count = 1 then dd if = / flash / dtb.img of = / dev / dtb bs = 256k

Recovery is almost always possible, kszaq has made a very good FAQ here

• Guys does anyone here know if it is possible. and if so how, to make a full bit copy with both partitions of my LibreELEC bootable 16G SD card so I can have an easy duplicated copy, with all the settings and suite of addons too, for use with my other compatible boxes usign same device tree, and for freinds similar boxes too ?? It is quite time consumming making a fresh disc using something like Win32DiskImager or Rufus and then restoring from a separate drive a complete back up of settigns and addons. Be nice to just be able to clone a complete duplicated copy with the data partition as well as the boot partition. Searching on the internet for an answer but not found one yet so maybe I have missed the answer or I need to deepen my search or just maybe someone on here may know.

• Guys does anyone here know if it is possible. and if so how, to make a full bit copy with both partitions of my LibreELEC bootable 16G SD card so I can have an easy duplicated copy, with all the settings and suite of addons too, for use with my other compatible boxes usign same device tree, and for freinds similar boxes too ?? It is quite time consumming making a fresh disc using something like Win32DiskImager or Rufus and then restoring from a separate drive a complete back up of settigns and addons. Be nice to just be able to clone a complete duplicated copy with the data partition as well as the boot partition. Searching on the internet for an answer but not found one yet so maybe I have missed the answer or I need to deepen my search or just maybe someone on here may know.

Do you mean something like "usb image tool".

alex's coding playground » USB Image Tool

You can use eg win32diskimager to image your card, then write the image to a new one. If the cards are the same size (or the new one is bigger) you have an exact copy. The main issue with doing that is that if your new card is slightly smaller (eg 2 16GB cards are not necessarily exactly the same size to the bit) the data partition is not fully written and the copy fails. I get around that by manually partitioning my initial card, leaving a little empty space at the end and using usbit (as in the post above - which has a truncated write option) to image / write.

I use clonezilla

• try using coreftp lite

Thanks bubblegum, but this hasnt solved the problem. Cause of insuff. wright rights, Kodi itself couldnt write the sources.xml a. o. properly. The workaround was, that i logged over ssh and made a chmod 777 of userdata, after that i could write in folder userdata and kodi could create a proper sources.xml with my pathes. Funny was, that it was ONLY the userdata folder, i could write with filemanager kodi in root, storage, a. o. only the userdata had unsuff. write rights. But anyway thx for helping and have a nice weekend.

J.

• It is quite time consumming making a fresh disc using something like Win32DiskImager or Rufus and then restoring from a separate drive a complete back up of settigns and addons.

From the above statement, I gathered you are trying to clone a storage on a Windows platform. If you use a Linux OS and are comfortable doing thing through a command line interface (CLI), cloning a storage can be simply done using the dd utility. For instance, if your original storage is detected as a /dev/sdb and you want to clone it on a storage detected as /dev/sdc, all you need is to execute the following as root once login into your Linux computer.

Code
    dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc bs=4M

I used/added bs=4M, you can change that to a different size as you wish. man dd will give you more information how to use dd utility.

• Code

Please, help.

• Guys, would you know how to prevent the box from resetting the HDMI connection when I start or stop playing a video?

I don't know why it does it, whether it changes a resolution or something...

It is kind of a problem for me, because the projector I use resets the volume settings when HDMI gets disconnected, even for a moment.

• Code

Burn the Libreelec image to usb again.

Code

Not sure what you mean, but if android is not working, then you need to use the usb burning tool, but I have never tried it.

Not sure why you ssh'ed in to run that command

• Guys, would you know how to prevent the box from resetting the HDMI connection when I start or stop playing a video?

I don't know why it does it, whether it changes a resolution or something...

It is kind of a problem for me, because the projector I use resets the volume settings when HDMI gets disconnected, even for a moment.

Disable Adjust display refresh rate in kodi settings.

• @kszaq

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your work on the s905x build,

I received an SMBOX SM5 (s905x, 1GB RAM, 8GB EMMC, 100Mbps LAN, 802.11b/g/n WIFI) media player today and followed your install guide and everything works perfectly, even CEC control using my Samsung TV remote. I have now swapped out my living room Raspberry Pi3 for this s905x media player. (I use ethernet and NFS to stream from my linux fileserver and I also run MySQL to centrally host the kodi database)

All video content plays perfectly, including UHD x265 content.

I used the 1G RAM device tree and the generic s905 Libreelec image.

I booted into android, installed Terminal Emulator from the google play store and then issued the "reboot update" command from the terminal and Libreelec launched from the sd card successfully. (This little box doesn't have a reset button so my options were limited.)

Thanks again for all your time and effort in supporting this platform!