[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Software decoded 720p 10-bit h264 works perfectly fine on S905 and (after several fixes by kszaq) also on S905X. I have a large collection of sample files and tested this extensively. 1080p, on the other hand, does not work properly as the CPUs hit 99% during decoding. But even this might change with optimization of ffmpeg software decode, as the ongoing work on encrypted streams shows.

The playback issues in the latest version are a regression. Maybe they are caused by the vsync change. I have trouble to reliably trigger it - the same files in the same order show problems after one reboot, but no after the next. Irritating.

Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.2.3.1 (Philips 42PFL8404)
    MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7 (Samsung UE55H6270)
    OTT MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.3.12k (Denon X1200W, 7.1, LG PF1500G)
    AKASO HM8 (S905X): CoreElec 9.0 dev build, Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse test

• For those who have only a 1gb box, I recommend you to stay with 8.1.2 release, otherwise you will have some network buffering problems. You can use this settings in your advancedsettings.xml with Krypton 17 (Easy Advanced Settings plugin) :

• Simply get a supported USB wifi adapter. I tested several that I own (with various Realtek chipsets, if I remember correctly) and they all worked and have better reception than the builtin ones. They cost less than 8€.

Is there any list of supported chipsets?
    For ex. is Realtek RTL8188CU supported?

I see this in changelog "added support for a few RTL8188EU WiFi USB dongles" so I guess it should work?

• I do not think there is a comprehensive list. There are some devices that are supported by Amlogic's linux kernel, and kzsaq has worked on incorporating a few external drivers.

Kernel drivers: linux-amlogic-le/drivers/net/wireless at amlogic-3.14-nougat · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le · GitHub

Extra modules: LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers at libreelec-8.2 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.2.3.1 (Philips 42PFL8404)
    MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7 (Samsung UE55H6270)
    OTT MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.3.12k (Denon X1200W, 7.1, LG PF1500G)
    AKASO HM8 (S905X): CoreElec 9.0 dev build, Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse test

• Is there a way to add an option in the shutdown menu ? I installed LibreELEC to my SD Card and I want to add "reboot to internal storage" in the shutdown menu to boot to android automatically without unplugging the sd card. I'm using amber skin

• 8.1.10 posted in OP. The problematic vsync change from 8.1.10-rc1 is reverted. I also applied some reverts to K-series DVB driver to match @afl1's builds and hopefully fix channel scan for some of you.

A little announcement: I am going for holidays and I won't provide any support for the next 10-14 days.

• Is there a way to add an option in the shutdown menu ? I installed LibreELEC to my SD Card and I want to add "reboot to internal storage" in the shutdown menu to boot to android automatically without unplugging the sd card. I'm using amber skin

If you use the default skin, it's there already

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• 8.1.10 posted in OP. The problematic vsync change from 8.1.10-rc1 is reverted. I also applied some reverts to K-series DVB driver to match @afl1's builds and hopefully fix channel scan for some of you.

A little announcement: I am going for holidays and I won't provide any support for the next 10-14 days.

Have fun at holidays !

• Have a great holiday :) thanks for all the fantastic work on these builds :thumbup:

Nexbox A95X 1GB Ram 8GB Rom Amlogic S905X
    JVC 55" 4k UHD 3D Smart TV
    JVC 40" 3D Blu-ray Sound bar

• Dear all, i need your help. Since Kodi Krypton (8 version onwards) i cannot install to internal. I do the process and then my mini m8s ii goes into boot loop. Does anyone knows why this happening? any sollution maybe? is there a place i can find my original stock firmware?

• Hi kszaq, do you have a repo of your source code somewhere? I would like to start develop for s805. Are you using the Amlogic openlinux development keychain?

• Hi kszaq, do you have a repo of your source code somewhere? I would like to start develop for s805. Are you using the Amlogic openlinux development keychain?

Why don't you start in a S805 topic?

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II (coreelec.org 9.2.1), H96 Pro (coreelec.org 9.2.1), ODORID N2 (coreelec.org 9.2.1), VIM3 PRO (coreelec.org 9.2.1), Beelink GT King (coreelec.org 9.2.1), Denon AVR-X2600H, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu