[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• That likely 10bit H264 combo (aka 10bit Anime) is NOT supported on 99.99% of media players and has to be CPU Software decoded every time.

It's an out of Spec "release group" combo.

AMLogic hardware does not have enough CPU ponies to reliably software decode that content.

You need to buy Intel hardware or a NVIDIA Shield if you want reliability with that sort of CPU Software decoded video playback or Remux it.

Software decoded 720p 10-bit h264 works perfectly fine on S905 and (after several fixes by kszaq) also on S905X. I have a large collection of sample files and tested this extensively. 1080p, on the other hand, does not work properly as the CPUs hit 99% during decoding. But even this might change with optimization of ffmpeg software decode, as the ongoing work on encrypted streams shows.

The playback issues in the latest version are a regression. Maybe they are caused by the vsync change. I have trouble to reliably trigger it - the same files in the same order show problems after one reboot, but no after the next. Irritating.

• For those who have only a 1gb box, I recommend you to stay with 8.1.2 release, otherwise you will have some network buffering problems. You can use this settings in your advancedsettings.xml with Krypton 17 (Easy Advanced Settings plugin) :

Edited once, last by julien_sgn (October 9, 2017 at 7:50 AM).

• Simply get a supported USB wifi adapter. I tested several that I own (with various Realtek chipsets, if I remember correctly) and they all worked and have better reception than the builtin ones. They cost less than 8€.

Is there any list of supported chipsets?
    For ex. is Realtek RTL8188CU supported?

I see this in changelog "added support for a few RTL8188EU WiFi USB dongles" so I guess it should work?

• Is there a way to add an option in the shutdown menu ? I installed LibreELEC to my SD Card and I want to add "reboot to internal storage" in the shutdown menu to boot to android automatically without unplugging the sd card. I'm using amber skin

• 8.1.10 posted in OP. The problematic vsync change from 8.1.10-rc1 is reverted. I also applied some reverts to K-series DVB driver to match @afl1's builds and hopefully fix channel scan for some of you.

A little announcement: I am going for holidays and I won't provide any support for the next 10-14 days.

• Is there a way to add an option in the shutdown menu ? I installed LibreELEC to my SD Card and I want to add "reboot to internal storage" in the shutdown menu to boot to android automatically without unplugging the sd card. I'm using amber skin

If you use the default skin, it's there already

• 8.1.10 posted in OP. The problematic vsync change from 8.1.10-rc1 is reverted. I also applied some reverts to K-series DVB driver to match @afl1's builds and hopefully fix channel scan for some of you.

A little announcement: I am going for holidays and I won't provide any support for the next 10-14 days.

Have fun at holidays !

• Dear all, i need your help. Since Kodi Krypton (8 version onwards) i cannot install to internal. I do the process and then my mini m8s ii goes into boot loop. Does anyone knows why this happening? any sollution maybe? is there a place i can find my original stock firmware?